Friday, June 26, 2020

Another Journal Page for Halle's Theme Over at AJJ

  I wanted to make at least one more collage journal page for Halle's theme A Stitch in Time for AJJ.
  This page is just for the time. I got another new to me clock stamp while browsing online-this one was used but in really good shape so I couldn't pass it up. I think it will be fun to use on more projects.

   When I searched through my saved magazine papers I couldn't find anything with glasses of wine, and I didn't have anymore nice wine labels. So I created a page for Wine in the Garden.  Perfect for these summer time days now.



 I repurposed this pretty handmade card from a friend. This piece pulled off the cardstock easy, and I was able to pull off the spring message too. 
   The butterfly is a very old cancelled postage stamp I had saved. The message join me for wine in the garden-I hand wrote onto a patterned cardboard that was printed inside of a tea box  I didn't care for the grey paper so colored it in


These are two pretty magazine cutouts. and I used the clock stamp with green ink on a paper doily and then cut it out
    That pink on the repurposed card is washi tape



I will share this over on Art Journal Journey 

Happy Friday and weekend everyone. We are back up into the 90's f so its hot and humid here. Lots of those speed boats from last week Friday were back today-fun to watch.

22 comments:

  1. Beautiful journal page, enjoy your weekend at the lake! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not a fan of wine here, but I like your work.
    Oh, lucky you, only 75 here! Enjoy your boats. Hugs from here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's beer o'clock here ;-)
    A wonderful page Kathy! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Weekend!
    Creative journal page, the grass and flowers balance well.
    Saving cancel stamps for projects is a must.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good morning, thanks so much-yes I agree canceled stamps are a must and tea bags too
      Happy weekend

      Delete
  5. I have never made a journal . Loved this one

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just started making them Last year I finished up with a large fabric-mixed media journal and this year I am using old spiral cookbooks for use as my art-mixed media journals-

      Delete
  6. Enjoy watching the boats, can't think of a nicer thing to do. Except join you for wine in the garden that is.
    What a lovely page and what a nice way to remember a card made with love for you.
    Hugs, Neet xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Neet, yes we are really enjoying our lake views very much. Thank you about my page-hugs

      Delete
  7. Sorry I am so late visiting Kathy. This is such a great idea for Halle's AJJ challenge. I love the idea of wine in the garden. What a fun page. Hope you are having a nice weekend. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Erika, yes wine in the garden would be really lovely. No one is ever late visiting my pages-hugs Happy weekend

      Delete
  8. I have NO idea how I missed this post, Kathy. I'm really sorry. I know how much you like wine, so this is a delightful journal entry and great for Halle's theme at Art Journal Journey.

    It's been in the 90s F here, too. Can't seem to escape the heat. I was outside for over an hour today and was SOAKED by the time I got inside. I HATE the heat, and I can't wait for cooler weather. It's great for drying papers, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you-I enjoyed designing this journal page for her theme.
      I am not a fan for these high temperatures either. when I was younger heat didn't bother me and I never sweated but now as a senior-I can't handle the heat any more Yes good for drying papers or hand dyes

      Delete
  9. So beautifuljournal page and imaginatively designed by you!
    Nice Sunday greeting Elke

    ReplyDelete
  10. Its a wonderful sentiment for your fantastic page Kathy. Wine O'clock sounds good to me . Thank you for linking another super page to Halle's theme at Art Journal Journey.
    Yvonne xx
    Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Haha! Wine o'clock. I've seen beer:30 before but that one cracks me up too.
    I've likely your spiral bound journal.
    Thanks for linking up with A Stitch in Time!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful collage, Kathy. Delightful phrases too. Hugs, Eileen

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your visits and reading your comments and I do reply back to your comments as well
Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit