Thursday, June 18, 2020

A Stitch in Time for Art Journal Journey

  Hello everyone,
       A surprise in my mail box today-the two clock stamps I had ordered arrived-that made me smile as they came earlier than predicted-and I could finish up my mixed media page.

   As I worked on putting this page together it ended up reminding me of my Mom. She was a master seamstress-sewed everything for her home and family, and later in life after my father had passed she fell in love with quilting. We also shared cups of hot tea together over the years.

   I will be sharing this journal page at Art Journal Journey with Halle's theme A Stitch in Time.

note photos will enlarge for better viewing-just click on them


I used these stamps and inks, and the paper under the cup of tea is from this little collection of handmade papers. It was the perfect color for this page.
   My Mom always labeled her quilts so I grabbed that handmade with love stamp.  I used one of Mom's old sewing patterns-crumpled it up before glueing down. Then I ran a brown piece of chalk over all of the wrinkles. I added one of my yogi tea bags I had saved
   I also hand stitched around two sides.

     This page just sorta ended up being about Mom-it was not the plan when I started out.







Thank you so much for your visit

34 comments:

  1. I bet this makes Mom smile. A page with feeling that I’m sure came together quickly as you lost track of time. Art at its best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful page. I love it when a theme shows itself while you are creating, a great tribute to your Mom. Have a wonderful day, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. very pretty the Journal Page with the theme!
    Imaginative!
    Have a beautiful Day, Elke

    ReplyDelete
  4. That´s very beautiful, how it evolved. Glad we still have sweetmemories that can come out like this and keep our loved ones right here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an absolutely enjoyable journal entry, Kathy. It is wonderful and so is that clock stamp you bought. I love it. It's truly a fitting tribute to your mother's memory, too. Thanks for sharing this beauty with us using Halle's theme at Art Journal Journey.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hurrah for your stamos arriving. I have that clock stamp too. And nice page. I like the tea theme. And the stitching. Thanks for sharing them with us at Art Journal Journey Kathy. They are perfect for Halle's theme. And it's nice to learn somethin else about you also. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ahh thank you Erika, yes I was super happy that my stamps arrived early

      Delete
  7. Your stamps looked great, well worth waiting for and I am sure you will be using them many times again.
    I did enjoy reading your post and how your memories came to you about your mom. It is suprising what comes to mind as we create our journal pages. Thank you so much for linking this to Halle's theme at Art Journal Journey.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes these were worth the wait-plus there are no craft stores at all near me where we live-so I shop online for allot of things.
      Yes this was a nice page to create-hugs

      Delete
  8. A wonderful page Kathy! Great to see the teabag on it.
    Happy weekend,
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Allison, I have save a little box full of tea bags so this was a good place to use one. Happy weekend to you as well

      Delete
  9. It's a really lovely page, Kathy. I bet it made your mom smile. Hugs, Eileen

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very interesting mixed media.
    Thanks for dropping by my blog today
    AND
    And i am inviting you to joinmy linky on Sundays where i ask what's your Sunday like

    Much💖gillena

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very lovely piece ode to your sewing heritage. I love sewing as well...as if you couldn't tell by my theme of A Stitch in Time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, what an amazing page! There is so much to love about this page, the dress pattern tissue paperapaper background and the hand stitched edges look fabulous 😁. Wishing you a Happy Friday and Weekend! Take care! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jo thank you sooo much-hugs Happy weekend to you as well

      Delete
  13. What a lovely tribute you made to your mom. Enjoy your day and Happy Summer Solstice.

    ReplyDelete
  14. this is so wonderful! loved reading about your mom!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. T Time - Love It - Enjoyable Post Yet Again - Well Done

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  16. When your art and your memories come together like this it is a sweet moment :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the inclusion of the real teabag - and the lovely memories "stitched" into this page.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your visits and reading your comments and I do reply back to your comments as well
Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit