Saturday, June 6, 2020

Sharing an Online Dye Class You May be Interested In

Good morning, I just got this in my email from India Flint, about her stay at home dye class she held during covid-somehow I missed this, or dismissed it. I think these daily classes and inspiration would have helped me be more calm during all this.

This started out as a 23 days class and she extended it to 53 days classes do to the support, and will be popping in with a few more classes til end of the year.  These first classes have now been archived but she is offering them again til June 9

"Initially conceived as 23 days worth of creative prompts, with a major project (and quite a few smaller ones), peppered with words and images to warm your heart (you can take your time though, and stretch them out for longer if you wish) it has grown to encompass 56 consecutive offerings.
Most of the supplies needed will be found by rummaging in the ragbag (or the back of the closet), in the tea-towel drawer or in the linen-press. For the most part, we’ll make do with the resources we have in our hearts and in our homes.
There are exercises in stitching, drawing and writing. We fold some wee books, make ink from tea and draw a map or two."

These classes are forever, and can do at your own pace. I like that the classes are there when we are ready for them . She has indigo mentioned too.

Most natural dyers know of India Flint she is an amazing artist-using what is available for the most part.

This is a book of hers that I have and love it.



Here is a link as I wanted to share this with any of you that enjoy natural dyeing ( She has set  payment all at once, or payments at 3 months and 6 months.
     I am seriously thinking of taking these classes-let me know if any of you do too

India Flint  School of Nomad Arts

6 comments:

  1. Thanks Kathy. I just read aa book about natural dyeing so you get impressions of plants on your cloth or paper and I am very curious to try playing around with it. I just need to get some supplies (like a big pot since I don't want to use my good cooking one). I think this technique is one of India Flint's. Have a great weekend. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Replied on your blog-and if anyone reads this Never use kitchen tools for dyeing-must be totally seperate tools for dyeing and used Only for dyeing

      Delete
  2. She sounds like a wonderful teacher to offer a class like this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes she is, she teaches world wide, I would never be able to go to one of her weekend retreat classes which is probably about the same price as this is-Need to ask Hubs if he is alright with the money for this

      Delete
  3. It does, a little expensive for me-so I need to make a decision soon

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know I would LOVE, LOVE, LOVE to take this class, but it is just too expensive for my blood. Even the payment plan exceeds what I could afford.

    If you take the class, I hope you share some of the eco dyeing. I have done her dyeing like you do in a kitchen where the pieces sit for several weeks in your kitchen window. I could care less about the daily writings. That wouldn't happen. Some things sound great, but I'm not sure I would get too much out of the class even if I could afford it. I fear I'm not much help, Kathy.

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your visits and reading your comments and I do reply back to your comments as well
Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit