Sunday, June 21, 2020

T Stands For Tuesday & Speed Boats, Ice Cream, & a Page for AJJ & TIOT

   We are getting towards the end of June already, I can see now that these warmer months will zip on past us before we know it.

  Tuesday brings us to T with Bluebeard and Elizabeth. Everyone is welcome just share a drink related photo in your post. Link in my right hand column.

  We have learned since living here now full time during the warmer months, that the busiest lake days are late Friday and all day Saturday. Sunday a little bit more so now getting into vacations.
   This past Friday though-surprise-early in the day one couldn't miss the noise of the speed boats. I didn't grab my camera right away because I didn't think about there being Lots of speed boats. It ended up being close to an hour going past us from left to right and then a couple hours later back the other direction.
   It was mesmerizing to watch and listen to them. Sometimes there was a matching helicopter to the speed boat above it. Larry found the event online here  We only saw them on Friday so they must have gone a different direction on the lake the rest of the weekend.
   I did capture a couple videos.


 


and updated: I subscribe to a lake newsletter and they posted a link of all these boats close up-pretty cool looking  go here

I also wanted to make up another batch of the keto ice cream that I had shared in a past post.  I did do a few changes-I doubled the recipe since I have a 2 quart ice cream maker, and I kept the mixture in the refrigerator over nite instead of several hours to make sure it was really chilled.  On the second half of the recipe I wanted to change up some of that cream so the whole recipe was not all cream That was 3 cups-so I used 1 cup cream, 1 cup half and half, and 1 cup whole milk.   I churned it early Sunday morning-and Wow what a difference! It churned up perfectly, I served it around 5 pm Sunday evening-and we loved it so much more. It stayed totally scoopable when taken out of the freezer, and for me I loved the flavor so much more with it not being all cream. Sooo delicious, and did not get icy.
    I made notes of all my changes-so next time I will play with flavor additions. I feel happier with my investment now. I love how this machine works with the no ice and salt.
  I did have about about a half of a cup that wouldn't fit into the machine, so I will be using that in my coffee (smiles)


I was thinking I needed to look for a storage container for my finished ice cream, but then I remembered I kept all of my Mom's freezer containers-she had a few of these 2 quart size down to 1/2 pints-and I know these were made in the USA as they were around when I was a kid at home A nice memory for me.


   For several days now I have been helping Larry with his industrial shelving units that must have held over 100 drawers. He has had these for awhile now-very very heavy shelving that a business was going to toss, but a friend of ours there hated to throw them out that worked at that business and asked Larry if he wanted them Ah Yesss.
    So this is probably at least the 4th time they have been moved. He was not going to move them again but I insisted he make room in the garage (which is his work shop now)  He got help loading them at the woods house-once at the lake, I carried the drawers all in-some were so heavy they had to be at least 50 pounds each-I slid those down the trailer ramp into the garage, and our neighbor and his son and family were in so they got the shelving in the garage for Larry.  (I had to stop him from doing it himself-ugh)
   Many of the drawers needed cleaning up from rat nests and wasp nests.  He is so happy they are here now. (smiles)
    We are actually more rural for shopping at the lake then we were at the woods house.  These drawers are full of all sorts of nuts and bolts etc etc.  He was able to combine many of the drawers to leave room for more items from another cabinet still at the woods house. Those items should fit into the empty drawers he has now.

     Sunday after making the ice cream, I decided to create another journal page for Halle's A Stitch in Time with my other new stamp.  This one just came about theme wise after I got the background on.

  To the left is the background I used-first I glued down a piece of the paper bag to the left and then on top I glued down the packing material.  I got to thinking this looks a bit masculine now-so I grabbed this vintage photo of a gentleman, found this waterfall scene that I used the clock stamp on-and came up with this quote. Across time always a rainbow. 
   I will submit it to Art Journal Journey and to  Try it on Tuesday for their theme Masculine.







On Facebook I am so enjoying all of the photos and videos of Mama bear 399 and her 4 cubs-they are hanging out in the Tetons right now (near Yellowstone)  She is such a good mother and has me smiling every morning from all of the shared photos and videos.
    This one had the name of the photographer on it so sharing it. They are just so cute aren't they??


and for my beverage share for T-this is my newest warm weather beverage-it is a sparkling water with natural flavors and no added artificial sweeteners or sugar. I like it and very refreshing.


I am going to post this early (Sunday evening) as I may be going to the woods house to work Monday and/or Tuesday depending if we get t storms or not.

Happy T everyone

52 comments:

  1. Your view of the lake is beautiful. Making ice cream, the glass fridge containers are difficult to find the vintage ones. I remember our fridge when I was a kid, came with coverend glass storage containers on the door.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi I do have a few of the vintage glass fridge containers-the smaller ones I love them-some were from my Mom and her Mom.
      I didn't about the glass storage containers coming with the fridge-we are really enjoying our lake views very much. Lots of water fowl here too

      Delete
  2. Oh my, what a lot of boats and they are noisy. But you have a great view. Well done on making the ice cream, yummy, enjoy! The bears are so sweet! Sounds like you have been working very hard with getting the storage drawers finished and cleaned, well done. Happy T Day, take care, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes we have a great view for watching all the boats on the weekends-fun.
      I am so enjoying seeing this family of bears. yes that storage was allot of work and got finished today-Monday yeah. Happy T

      Delete
  3. How wonderful. Your videos are superb. Looks like you had another busy week. I don't envy you carrying those heavy drawers to the garage. I'm sure that was stressful.

    Sounds like you found the right formula for making ice cream you like.

    Your journal page is really nice. I love that clock. Reminds me of a Dali clock like he created in The Persistence of Memory. It works well for both challenges and I really love that you shared it with us using Halle's theme at Art Journal Journey.

    I've never heard of your drink of choice this week. I've got some ICE which is basically the same, I think, except ICE isn't carbonated. It sounds nice, even if I'm not a fan of strawberry.

    Thanks for sharing your videos, your art, your ice cream, your week, and your strawberry drink with us for T this Tuesday, Kathy. Don't work too hard at the woods house, dear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Elizabeth, I am so glad you enjoyed the videos-it was really fun watching all of them. Yes I bought this clock stamp because it reminded me of that too-Dali clock and was something different too.
      this drink is wal mart brand I need to search and find out where it is made-hopefully not China. I keep Ice around too.
      thanks I do have lots to do there too=

      Delete
  4. Your lake view is stunning! But the noise would be hard for me. I’d look forward to weekdays to fully appreciate the serenity of hills, water, flora and fauna. I really like the background of the packing material on your new page, and the “edge” of masculinity that it provides. Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like always something going on at your lake. Perfect to sit on your desk and watch while eating your ice cream. Your masculine page would make a nice graphic for a man's birthday or Father's Day card. The forest puppies are soooo cute! Enjoy your day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes as we get into summer more it is allot fun seeing all the different boats go by. they have allot of races on this lake and also allot of fishing tournaments too.
      I am loving those little bears too

      Delete
  6. Your ice cream looks yummy-and good for you for saving those containers! And all the shelving-wow-what a job though! Be careful with all tht lifting. I bet you are watching hubby like a hawk to make sure he doesn't over do it.
    Lovely artwork-I really like that packing paper over the color-it adds a lot to the effect and gives it wonderful texture.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I had to stop him from trying to carry these cabinets in by himself-good thing the neighbors were in for a few days-I asked him to call them for help.
      thanks this was fun piece to create-

      Delete
  7. It sounds like the noise must have been so loud, but the boats must have looked so good to see on the lake, was it a special event or something that happens when folk gather at the lake?.
    I hope you are rested after the work in the garage, good that your neighbours were able to help out,
    Your ice cream looks delicious, making your own [we do as well] is good as you know exactly what the ingredients were. happy t day wishes kathy.
    stay safe yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes we found out this was from a club for this type of boat-I have a link to it in post. there are allot of events and parties here on this lake but we usually are just far enough away from all that activity.
      Yes I was thankful we got help to get the cabinets out of the trailer and in place.
      Yes that is why I decided to start making ice cream again-the sugar free in the store is not very good. Happy T

      Delete
  8. I think speed boats miss the whole point of having a boat lol but that's just me ;)

    Homemade ice cream! It's been so long, and yours looks tempting :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes turns out this is a club for this type of boat and this was their weekend there are so many ocean boats on this lake too that do Not belong here. but we have learned that they register with the coast guard so that saves them lots of money.
      I am very excited about this ice cream recipe and my new machine. I buy sugar free in the store and this is sooo much better tasting for sure.

      Delete
  9. I couldn't get the link but it does look like an exciting event(if noisy) Glad you found the best way to make your ice-cream - lots of treats ahead I think! Glad that Larry got help with the lifting!! Doesn't bear thinking about if he hadn't! Oh and bears and cubs - sounds great! I'll see if there's anything on Youtube! Love the journal page - he looks a character! Thank you for joining us at Try It On Tuesday! Happy T day too! Hugs, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks Chris-it was noisy for awhile when there was a group of them going by but was very fun.
    Yes for once he listened to me and stopped trying to carry the shelving-he says well I have always done stuff like this by myself-I said I know but not now please.
    if you are on facebook-look for yellowstone photography groups-they post gorgeous photos-Happy T

    ReplyDelete
  11. Brilliant adjustment to the ice cream, Kathy. It sounds like soft serve ice cream now. Congrats!

    I'm glad you rescued the industrial storage shelves and even happier that Larry is too.

    Very pretty page for AJJ & TioT. That's a cool clock stamp.

    To answer your questions, Joanne Sharpe's class launched on June 12. When you buy, you get lifetime access to the class online. You don't have to be on Instagram unless you want to see more examples of Joanne's wonderful words and watercolor books.

    Happy T-Day! Hugs, Eileen xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Eileen-I decided to buy the class-looks fun and was cheap enough that I could buy some watercolor paints. I have a cheap set for kids that are terrible haha. The drawers are now all in the cabinets-so on to the next project. Thanks I fell in love with this stamp too

      Delete
    2. I bought a set of Prang watercolors in Walmart. They're very good.

      Delete
  12. I am going to start with your cool journal page. That packing material makes such a great background. It is perfect for both (Art Journal Journey and Try It On Tuesday) of those challenges, so thank you. And those bears are very cute. I don't see the hump so I am guessing they are black bears (even though they are brown). And your ice cream looks yummy in the hot weather. Have a great T day Kathy. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Erika, I did have fun with this page-was hoping the underneath would have shown through a bit more but am happy with it. this is a grizzly bear and yes we are looking forward to the ice cream this summer

      Delete
  13. Making ice cream would be a wonderful way to enjoy even a locked-in summer! Too bad about the noisy boats.

    be well... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes we are enjoying our homemade ice cream especially since I found an excellent Keto recipe-we are both cutting down on sugars and carbs.
      we enjoyed these boats over the weekend-entertainment from our deck and windows-it was just a few hours on Friday so all was good
      Happy T

      Delete
  14. how wonderful to have those lake views and to be able to enjoy all the different types of boats going by, and I don't think I'd mind the noise of them...
    I bet your homemade ice cream was delish- and rich and decadent too:)
    Not a FB fan but the bears and cubs are so sweet (although I know dangerous too!). I get my animal fixes on Instagram.
    Love your journal page with that unique clock stamp. happy T day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you I do Not like facebook at all-I am mostly on there for some groups I like.
      we didn't mind the noise-it was exciting watching them go by and it was just for the one day. so happy with this ice cream maker and the keto recipe I found too.
      Thank you-and Happy T

      Delete
  15. Your home has a beautiful view and I loved hearing about your ice cream adventure. Sounds like a great combination. I may have to give this a try.
    Happy Tea Day,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kate, we really enjoy our "wall of windows" always something to see

      Delete
  16. Hmmm, strawberry! Sadly my wild strawberries this year are not sweet at all, must´ve been the cold, dry weather. Mama bear sure has a job to do there, four babies, wow!
    Quite a noisy time at your lake, but still sooo beautiful. Wee, you sure had a busy week, time runs not only in your art ;-)
    Happy T-day and hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a busy week-but finally getting back to more normal here-

      Delete
  17. wow, you are always so busy! love the water background on your blog...my hubby would have parked himself on the deck and watched the boats all day long. ;) the ice cream sound excellent, and wonderful journal page too! The bear and her cubs are adorable! Isn't it pretty unusual for her to have four!? amazing. happy T day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not sure how unusual the 4 are--and she has kept them all alive so far too. usually there seems to be a really small one that doesn't make it.
      weekends are allot of fun to just sit and watch all the boats go by.

      Delete
  18. P.S. those freezer containers made me smile. I have some in my cupboard from my mom too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hugs I have been wondering if they even sell these any more? we always had a huge garden every year and all her boxes were filled-

      Delete
  19. Yummy homemade ice cream :) We love to be out on the water on the boat or watching from the porch too. I can't believe it's the end of June already ~ time is moving fast. I love the baby cub photo too, so sweet! Enjoy your week

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know time is flying by way too fast. enjoy your water are you on a lake too or a ocean?

      Delete
  20. Wow, what a busy week and I hope you got the work done at your house in the woods this week too! I loved you art journal page, the masculine style looks fabulous 😀. Thanks so much for joining in the fun at Try it on Tuesday, always a pleasure to see you there! I so enjoyed seeing the lake videos too, it looks so busy and wow, those bears are adorable! I think I'm going to be joining you and checking on them daily too, they make me smile! Wishing you a wonderful week and a Happy T Day! Take care! Hugs Jo x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got some work done at the woods house today but lots more to do.
      these bears really make my day watching them they are growing pretty fast now too.
      and thank you about my journal page-hugs

      Delete
  21. Gosh yes, that was noisy. The links didn't work due to legal issues it said, but your videos are excellent, so there.
    That must have been quite a palaver to get all those drawers in. I'm glad you hubby got help from the neighbours. But I was hoping for a photo of the whole thing after all that.
    Oh those bears are gorgeous. I went on the internet and watched a video. I learned that mama bear 399 is 20 years old. I don't know how old grizzlies can be, but it sounds old to me.
    Happy T-Day,
    Hugs,
    Lisca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. mama bear 399 is really popular in the parks right now with her 4 healthy cubs-I go look for new photos and videos every day now to get my cuteness fix haha.
      I will take a photo to share-I had thought of that when I was typing it up and the garage door was already closed up.
      glad you got the videos to work

      Delete

  22. A great week, very moved and full of illusion Kathy !! Very Happy T-day! there isn´t this drink here, and your ice-cream may be so so delicious!. I loved your Art journal page, that paper is very beautiful for the background, and the image and the clock are very masculine! Bravo!
    What a wonder of mother bear with her great family, she also has a lot of work.
    I wish you a wonderful Wednesday, and I send you many big hugs,
    Caty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Caty thanks so much-I enjoyed creating this journal page.
      yes this mother bear has her "paws" full ha ha raising these 4 little ones.
      You have an awesome week hugs

      Delete
  23. Your ice cream sounds delicious. I'm glad your husband decided to keep the shelving units and move them to your new home. Storage is very good to have. Teddy said to tell you he loves the photo of the Mother bear with her four cubs. Happy T-Day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so happy with this ice cream recipe-for keto it tastes like the real thing. I am happy too he brought his shelving full of things-he usually can find what he needs in these instead of a drive to the hardware store-which aren't that good anymore
      I am happy Teddy loved seeing the bears-hugs

      Delete
  24. This is a very nice post. I really enjoyed it. Glad you had containers for the ice cream. It looks so good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much-I am glad you enjoyed it. this ice cream did really turn delicious

      Delete
  25. I love making notes when I am in the lab. Very cool that you did too. Those boats, whoosh. Seems fun though to be on the water. It's been forever since I was on a boat and really, I wasn't even on it, I was being pulled by water skies. SOOOOO fun. Have you ever?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good morning, no I can't swim but I love watching the lake views. we were just talking the other day-people don't ski anymore, at least no one here does

      Delete
  26. A great catch up post - what a wonderful place to spend the summer months, and delicious looking ice-cream. I love the textures on your masculine page - a great way to recycle into artwork.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Alison, we recently moved out of the woods and to the lake-this is our first summer here. thanks for stopping by

      Delete
  27. I'll have to check out those bears...very cool. Love the page you created for AJJ! The background paper is very cool. I've gotten a package with that as packing before but stupidly didn't save it!
    Happy T day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes the bears are so fun to view-I follow them on several Yellowstone photography groups
      we can't save everything haha although I try

      Delete

I always enjoy your visits and reading your comments and I do reply back to your comments as well
Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit