Tuesday, December 31, 2019

Happy New Year Everyone-Looking Back July Through December (Lots of Photos)

   We just finished up with our shrimp boil. Turned out really good. I have not done this for quite some time, the shrimp needed about another 30 seconds in the boiling water with herbs and spices-but they were a real treat for us.
   We used to go over to our late friend Lilburn's house for a New Year's Eve party. He boiled up allot of shrimp and we all brought sides. He stopped doing this when his wife had gotten so ill.  We love shrimp, so I wanted to bring this back to honor good times
   I am hoping this near by grocery store sells this shrimp over the summer months-this would be good boiled over the outdoor fire.




Larry said the shrimp needed to curl just a bit more


I did not have any Asti Spumante on hand but I did have this sparkling rose-which was really nice. I brought out the handmade  pottery goblets.


and I brought out this large handmade pottery serving dish


Looking back:

   July

   July is when Fiber U is held-I always have so much fun-especially the dye classes





a weaving class to make a bracelet on a small loom-that's me on the left



Celebrating 6th year of T




August
Working on second fabric journal for 2018



We lost our sweet kitty Miss Calico





A drink reference



Began seeing the eagles more





September

really enjoying the sun rises more and more



Apple crisps I now also add fresh blueberries and or cranberries to the apples



Happy with this project-vintage wicker got new paint and I made the liner from an old sheet



I did work hard to finish up with book 2 of my 2018 fabric journal-I had posted those in video form

A drink reference



Still spinning up the buffalo-bison roving and the bright color yarn is silk spun from a silk hankey- new to me



September was Larry's heart valve transplant on Friday the 13th



October

 Started making cushions for the bench seats





Made pizzas for the both of us



Black walnut collecting for ink and dye







November



Beans and cornbread



A new for me-no flour cookie-very good



Made pecan bars for the supper after our friend's funeral





A drink reference



December




 cushions completed









For the most part a warm December







If you made it to the end-I hope you enjoyed the recap with photos.

Happy New Year

6 comments:

  1. You had a very busy and productive year and got lots done. May 2020 be a great year for you and your husband. Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely post Kathy and full of your memories of the past year.
    Your shrimp dinner looked delicious and I think you both will have enjoyed your meal.
    Happy New Years Day Kathy to you both.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sadly I´m not into seafood (I know, it´s so healthy!!!), but I love your idea of honoring your late friends like this!
    July reminds me of 7th grade when we had fun making 70´s t-shirts!!! As in Batik, I loved that!
    I am truly sorry for your loss. Maybe a cat (or any animal) is not for me - beautiful words you have there.

    :-) I need to do laundry! No, really, I love the color!

    See, Friday 13th, as my late Mum always said is a happy, lucky day, glad it was for you, too!!!!

    Hmmm, pizza!!!
    Hubby´d love the beans (can´t have it) - I´d go for the beautiful plate!!!! That is so nice!
    That bird there sure enjoys the view, how adorable.

    YES, I did enjoy this recap!
    Recon too late to make one here, but that´s OK, wasn´t the best year anyways...
    Still: A Very Happy New Year to you!
    Hugs from here, Kathy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great year you had, Kathy (except the loss of Mrs Calico, of course). I wish you all the best for 2020! Hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your handmade pottery goblets are beautiful! Your shrimp boil to honor the past tradition sounds like a great way to ring out the old and ring in the new. Sweet! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I thought for SURE I had left a comment here last night, Kathy. Obviously either I didn't or it got lost in the interweb and died. I SO enjoyed this retrospective. It is wonderful and such a great way to share with us the events that were important to you last year. This was amazing, too, as I remember each and every photo you shared again. I really loved it all, too. Happy New Year, dear friend.

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your visits and reading your comments and I do reply back to your comments as well
Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit