Thursday, December 26, 2019

Another Beautiful Day

  This morning we woke up to 50 degrees f that's really warm for this time of year. It warmed to the mid 60's f during the day.

  Lovely sunrise




Warm enough for breakfast on the deck-yogurt, granola, and berry jam and decaf coffee


I took a mile walk around where I live-up and down two steep hills. I need to count off the steps again to measure out the mile again-and work back up to the 3 miles a day I was doing last year-but I enjoyed the walk-it's a gravel road-woods in the middle and the lake to the right.

I also moved a stack of patio type bricks that I used to set up my dutch oven cooking at the woods home-so they are no longer sitting at the top of the steps but moved to the bottom of the steps in front of the house on a pallet, next to another pallet full of bricks that will hopefully turn into my outdoor kitchen area next spring.

Later after we ate, I grabbed a bucket full of bleach water and started scrubbing down the big picnic table-made from recycled tires-that we brought from the woods house-so glad we had help to get that here.  I will take a photo of that soon once it's all cleaned up and moved to the right spot.

and we had lots of geese flying over head, jets flying low over the lake from the air force base, and this crane was here off and on all day today I watched him fly and land on our neighbors docks and ours-pretty funny.



a zoomed in photo



So I got lots of needed exercise in today. I also finished up with the Blues fleece throw.  I wanted to blanket stitch all around the edges but I was not able to get the knot through the fleece so it wouldn't be shown -so I took all that out and did a zig zag around instead.  I also decided to take some yarn and just knot it in a few spots to tack down the two sides together.  I grabbed yarn that I could find easily and may need to change that out-but for now it is good to use for the next Blues hockey game.

  Another nice day tomorrow and perhaps Saturday before the rains and wind comes in over the weekend.




7 comments:

  1. Wow Kathy. You had spring at Christmastime. Beautiful sunrise and how nice to be able to eat your breakfast outside. I'm jealous. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely views of the lake, glad you had some good weather. Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, it certainly was a beautiful day! The sunrise was amazing, what a wonderful way to start your day and enjoy your breakfast which I have to say looks yummy too 😁. It's great that you can get into nature by taking a walk around where you live and you see such a variety of birds too! Do you have bird feeders up? As you know my friend lives by a lake and she gets lots of visitors on her feeders. I hope you had a wonderful Christmas, Happy Holidays! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like gorgeous weather which I could take all Winter long. It’s warm here, too, at the Eldest’s. A bit of a problem as I’m dying of the heat and wish I had brought some Summer clothes with me. 😺 Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm learning to love yoghurt and the way you show yours is how I'm liking it :) I love that mug. That's too chilly to eat outside for me, but this warm Christmas season has been in the top 10 for historic temps. No White Christmases ever again here, I'm thinking. Your walk sounds good. Hills can be hard, but woods and lake would definitely make it worth it. And that'll increase your strength, I'm sure! You're getting such a variety of birds, and I'm sure there'll be even more in the springtime. Lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been so busy, I didn't see if we set a record high for Christmas this year. The forecasters (local) were predicting it. I just checked and we didn't even come close to breaking a record, which was 68F. We hit 61F for a high. I wasn't home, so didn't know.

    You were amazing with your beautiful photos of around the lake and your breakfast on the deck. You really ARE living the life. It must have been a joyous day, too. I'm sure you enjoyed the walk, and you also found a way to do a bit of crafting, too. What a joy to read this post, dear Kathy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful views!
    Oh, I never learn, I always have to look up what your temp is in Celsius! With numbers my brain is just dumb! But, yes, warm enough for a brekkie with such a view! Can you hear the little waves, too?
    Yes. I need to resume walking again, too, but with the Hubby at home...
    I will have my exercise today as in putting everything back under the sink and not break the tube again! ;-)
    To a great day (anyways) hugs, Iris

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your visits and reading your comments and I do reply back to your comments as well
Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit