Saturday, December 28, 2019

Gingerbread Cookies Baked & This & That

   Friday and today (Saturday) I baked up the gingerbread cookies. I love gingerbread so mixed up a batch of wheat and gluten free for me. I added almond meal to both of them for part of the flour and used keto sugars except for the blackstrap molasses.

  Of course since I didn't get them baked before Christmas, I dug out animals and a big fish cutter for Larry plus two gingerbread people cutters. and for me dug out the yellowstone animal cutters, two kitty cutters, a scotty dog, and the two gingerbread people cutters.

     Before I baked up my cookies today, we went to town as I wanted to check out shrimp for New Year's eve. Wal Mart did not have any nice shrimp-we only buy USA wild caught, or when we can find it Argentina wild caught shrimp so I wanted to check out the local small town grocery store.  This grocery store is located going the other direction from the Wal Mart store and had lots of shrimp to choose from-yeah. This store is too pricey for normal shopping but they do carry some nice foods.  I came away with two bags of really nice raw shrimp-I will do us a shrimp boil this New Year's eve.
   We also stopped at a bait shop, where Larry has enjoyed talking with the owner-he has had his business for many years now-also has a gift shop-Larry told me to browse around and if I liked something to get it-I spotted this big mug-I loved it! Wasn't totally crazy about the color at first but was the only color left. This green color is growing on me though  haha




These gingerbread cookies turned out really nice-I made them a little thicker, and tried to bake them til they were just done-otherwise when they cool they can get really hard. These cookies are perfect.

  Last night I shopped for curtains online to use instead of doors for our bedroom closet-could not find anything I really liked at all-the length I need turns out to be the size sold for shower curtains. So then I hunted online for fabric to sew into curtains-it took me a few hours but I ended up finding a poly burlap which I have never heard of and says it's perfect for curtains and it can be washed-I also found a tape that you can sew on to the back of the header that has loops on the back to slide onto a rod-thought that was awesome-new to me as well.

    In the mail today I got my liquitex and the gesso has already arrived, so I am all set for altered books and journal challenges for the up coming year. I am working on getting some domestic things done so I can work on art and crafts this winter especially and into the coming year.  I straightened things up in the closet area, ordered some more hangers too. 
    Next up is the extra room where my computer and desk area is. This room has allot of unpacked boxes that I need to find a place for or take back to get sold.

Well that's it from me for now.  Happy Weekend everyone!!


11 comments:

  1. Your cookies look great, love the animal shapes. Have a fun day, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are the busiest person I know. Well, maybe not THE busiest, but one of the busiest. Your cookies look perfect. It's been years since I've made gingerbread cookies. What a great treat for New Year's too. If they last that long (grin).

    I love shrimp and have found the stores in Wichita have limited choices. One of the stores sells the large prawns which includes the head and tail. So glad you found what you were looking for so your New Year's celebration can be as great as Christmas was. Happy, happy New Year, dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The mug is perfect.
    On Fraser Island, Australia, you find Lake Wabby which, when we were there looked, due to it´s depth and weather, green :-)

    Sometimes I´m nearly sad my sweet tooth sleeps so much, the cookies look tempting. But my tastebuds yell "Pizza! Meat Pie! Kale!" ;-)

    A happy Sunday to you, hugs from here, Iris

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do like your new mug, nice words on the side for where your home is situated.
    Your cookies look delicious and your planed meal also sounds yummy, the prawns will be so tasty for your special New Year meal.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. How lovely shapes your cookies have, Kathy! I am sure they are delicious!!! I will be waiting to see your wonderful pages in the new year. HAPPY HOLIDAYS, my dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The perfect mug. What a find! Your cookies look delicious. I haven't had shrimp in years, and I've never cooked it as no one in my family likes it but me. It sounds like you're set for New Year's Eve :) The curtain material sounds like it'll work well. Have fun making them :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your cookies look great! I haven't baked at this year and I just might give it a whirl for New Years. It will just be Bob and I again.

    ReplyDelete
  8. OOhhhh I looove these cookies Kathy !! They may be delicious ! Can´t wait to see your beautiful future Art pages, and your future curtains too.
    I wish you a very Happy New Year, with all the best things ever. Enjoy !
    Biiig hugs, Caty

    ReplyDelete
  9. I bet the cookies smell like heaven! And taste like heaven, too. I love the different animal shapes. I think the saying on your mug is perfect

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those cookies look delicious and beautiful Kathy. I really like the buffalo cutter. It makes great shaped cookies. I think I need to make more gingerbread and not just limit it to Christmas as it is so good. And I really like the new mug and the green. I am quite fond of green-to me it means leaves and seasons like spring and summer. Happy new week. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my, I love gingerbread cookies! The cutters are fabulous, they remind me of Yellowstone 😁. I would love to try one or maybe two ...lol 😉... maybe with a cuppa. I'm loving your new lake mug too! Happy wishes! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your visits and reading your comments and I do reply back to your comments as well
Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit