Saturday, December 7, 2019

Sharing a Song and the Band

Good Morning Saturday everyone,

   I am not one to usually get all that excited about music.  When I am in my home I don't have music playing as I like quiet. In the car driving yes I do have music on then. Weird I guess.
   Especially when I am in my craft room I want quiet.

  I have been recording allot of Hallmark Christmas movies-mostly so I can buzz right through all the too many commercials they now have. I also recorded two Christmas specials. The Brad Paisley show I did not care for at all so I pretty much buzzed that off. I also recorded the Country Music Christmas show and I buzzed right through most of that until I saw this performance.
   This was so amazing I had to see if it was on You Tube and it was so I listened to it again and then the next day again.
     I searched around online to learn more about this band-For King and Country. It is a christian based band that has been moving up the charts the last couple couple of years. Born in Australia, they now live in Nashville I think.

    Anyways I want to share their Little Drummer Boy with you. The instrumentals are amazing.


Their cd release of Burn the Ships, Dolly Pardon loved one of their songs so much they released this performance  more here


7 comments:

  1. Great music Kathy! Thanks for sharing and have a great weekend, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Little Drummer Boy is one of my favorite carols. Their rendition is unusual and very energetic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've always favored The Little Drummer Boy since I played drums in middle and high school. And, although I'm not a country fan, I have always loved Dolly Parton, especially for her ethics in music.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You asked about gesso and I'm finally getting around to answering your question. Gesso is ALWAYS used first. It gives the substrate TOOTH, or something to hold onto. I keeps excess paint from getting on the substrate. Think of it as primer when you paint your walls, only for paper.

    To seal your piece, you have several options. You can use a fixative (commercially sold) or aerosol hair spray. These will both seal and protect, but should be used last. If you want to seal what you have accomplished so far, but want to continue adding paint, or other media, I suggest matte medium. I use gel medium. I buy Liquitex. It's as good as Golden and cheaper. It depends on what you are looking for. Gloss medium adds shine, while matte just protects. You can also use gel medium as a sealer when the project is complete.

    Whatever you do, regardless what you might have read, DO NOT EVER use Mod Podge if you don't want your pages to stick together. I used to host a lot of swaps and when I got them, some people would use Mod Podge to seal their pages. If they didn't separate their pages with wax paper, they stuck together in the heat or cold of the mail trucks. I had a heck of a time trying to get them apart and some just didn't make it. As the host, I took the worst looking ones, so after awhile I told people DO NOT USE MOD PODGE to seal your art

    Hope that helps. If not, let me know and I'll try to clarify things. To answer the other question, NO, I don't have a gesso tutorial. Sounds like something I need to do, doesn't it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that song. Their rendition of it was interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing Kathy! i do love holiday music and this is a new version for me. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  7. I tend not to have music on at the house unless I'm listening to Christmas music, but I do keep it on when I'm in the car. If you're weird for that reason then so am I ;) I've never heard of For King and Country and will see what they have on Spotify. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your visits and reading your comments and I do reply back to your comments as well
Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit