Monday, December 30, 2019

Happy T & Looking Back & Forward (Note: Long Post Full of Photos)

Happy T everyone-and this Tuesday is a rather special one-the last one of the year and also New Year's Eve. Please join us with our hostess Bleubeard and Elizabeth with your drink related post (share a photo of your drink reference)

  I thought I would look back through my 2019 posts and share a few photos of the past year So it won't get tooooo long this is part 1 January through June and New Years Day I will post for July through December

January
   Wow we had soooo many cardinals



   Also in January I had completed my first 2018 fabric art journal


 

February
   I was continuing work on book 2 of my fabric art journal and we started working at the lake house







The deer loved their corn (at woods house)




March
    More painting at the new lake house


 
and staining



Happy Mail from Mia



More progress


 
   A drink reference



Food cabinet now in place-in front of that stained wall



My big rug loom sold to friends in Kentucky



April
   Happy Mail from Barbara



Redbuds in bloom



Ice at the woods house



A drink reference



At the woods house: wild violets and dandelions-love these to make lotions with



May

   Start of the season for seeing lots of boats at the lake house



Friends over fishing



Hard root beer drink reference







I love peonies so glad these were here at the lake house



June

  We worked on getting furniture etc moved to the lake house, and enjoying watching the boats



The chicks are growing



  Grandma's Hoosier cabinet



New rack-and perfect spot for my copper and cast iron-I really love this



The guys made this for us







Finally cupboards for all my dishes and pottery-so enjoying this





Another drink reference








I have enjoyed blogging again thanks to the T gang and also so I can go back and review my year- I will post July-December on New Year's Day

Looking forward to 2020 Wow a new decade as well.

    I have been retired since 2003 and we have always still worked a bit and always had projects for getting the house finished. I am hoping this coming year will be the end of that. We are in our 70's now so we need to feel retired haha
   Part of the reason I agreed to move was to get Larry to finally retire from his scope business and enjoy his boat and fishing.
   It is another one of those dying crafts that there is a need for-rebuilding vintage scopes so they work as new. Allot of knowledge now will not be passed on-which is sad. We have tried and no one is interested in learning-at least we haven't found someone over these past few years. Larry was working on scopes for celebrity's scopes too and they just keep sending them-lol

   As for me, I also want to continue with my fibers but I will be branching out into even more mixed media than I have already-so I am excited about mixed media journal pages and altered books for the coming year, and learning calligraphy-right now I am in the reading stage and getting my thoughts in order as to where to begin on that.

I will leave you with this morning's early photo


My new cup with decaf coffee typing up this post



And wishing you all a Happy T and a very Happy New Year's Eve

Image result for photos Happy new years eve

14 comments:

  1. A great look back on the first half of the year. You worked very hard and got a lot done, very impressive. Happy T Day, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun to look back and to remember the excitement of moving from the woods house to the lake house. I really loved the cardinal photo. I’ve only had 2 pair at my feeder at one time so I was jealous with all the cardinals at yours. Beautiful. Happy T Day

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great minds think alike, Kathy. I'm also doing a retrospective for T Tuesday. I love your look back because it is more than just T day. It's amazing what you have accomplished this year. I remember when you started talking about moving. It took me several months to find a place I could move to in Wichita, so you finding your forever dream home within no time at all, was amazing.

    I'm like CJ loving your cardinal photo. I haven't seen ANY cardinals this entire year. Unless you count the ones in my main floor bathroom, that is.

    I also wanted to tell you that Sharon (Foxy Stamping Sharon) told me she fell and broke BOTH her wrists, so she won't be blogging for awhile. I think we should visit her and wish her well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was lovely to see the photos and read your post, you have had a lot happening this past year and you shared much of this with us. I loved seeing your fabric journal again and I hope you enjoy the your crafting and projects in the coming year. Retiring is just the beginning of a new stage in our lives.
    Happy New Year wishes to you both
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an amazing post! I loved looking back on your year with you and it's wonderful to see you so settled into your new home on the lake 😁. Your new mug is perfect too and made me smile, so pleased to see you are on lake time now from experience at my friend's house it truly is a wonderful place to be 😊. Wishing you a very happy New Year's eve too and sending happy T Day wishes! Big hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the Lake Time mug, Kathy. Is was a very eventful year for youand Larry - good and bad. The Lake house is beautiful and I've enjoyed seeing your progress. You've both done an amazing job.

    Wishing you a Happy Healthy New Year and Happy T-day! Eileen xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kathy your new mug looks great. It looks big so how nice to have such a big mug of tea. And I enjoyed seeing these photos again. It is nice to see the beautiful summer weather again too, especially since we have snow and sleet coming down right now. Oh those summery lake days. I'll be back on New Years Day and I hope you have a great T day and great start to the new year. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice recap of 2019. ITs fun to hear about all the crafting you have plans for in 2020.
    Happy T day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I´ve never seen a cardinal for real, beauties, they are!
    Never have I ever heard (or seen) of a fabric art journal, beauty, again.
    A deer so close, wow.
    With Hubby renovating is stress, but with my Brother it was always such fun times, thank you for the memories.
    Oh, shoot! Again we have an open bottle of wine we used for cooking. And, dumb as I am, I put it on the ground. Near the heating. Still good enough for cooking?
    Cute doll.
    Awwww. We sold our "moped", a 1978-Harley 4 years ago. I´m still a bit sad.
    Do you have the tradition, too, that when you blow away the stems of the dandelion before it´s in bloom you can make a wish?
    Your lake sure is a gem! And you have a wishing-well! :-)
    Yes, all those are treasures indeed, thank you for the journey, I look forward to tomorrow.
    HA. My parents in law are in their 80´s, forget about getting lazy there! ;-)
    It is sad when people don´t want to learn from a real person but go to youtube/whatever in the last sec.
    A Happy New Year to you, too, hugs from here, Iris

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like the look back at the past year. It is sad that as things change, some things fall by the wayside, like no one being interested in taking over the knowledge of rebuilding vintage scopes from your husband. Nice early morning photo of the lake. Happy T-Day and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice morning photo. A lot was accomplished through the first part of the year. Good luck with your plans for the new year.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You've had an eventful year! I imagine you'll have a New Year filled with a different kind of busyness in your full lake retirement ;) Happy New Year's Eve, and Happy T Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely to see the year resumé.
    Good for you that you are now ready to be 'retired'. Enjoy your new lake house and your hobbies.
    I loved seeing all your crockery and mugs. And also the shelves with all your cast iron pots and pans.
    Happy New Year and
    A belated Happy T-Day,
    Hugs,
    Lisca

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your visits and reading your comments and I do reply back to your comments as well
Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit