Monday, December 23, 2019

T Stands for Tuesday--Updated

    T Stands for Tuesday with our hostess Bleubeard and Elizabeth, and also this week--Christmas Eve and Merry Christmas and Happy Hanukkah to all of you that celebrate.

  Late yesterday-early evening, our two friends that have helped us with the lake house and one of their daughters and her friend stopped over last night.  They came too late to fish-it is really warm here for a week or so, but we had a nice visit. I brought out all the goodies I had made and gladly shared them. I love to make all the stuff-cookies and candy but we don't need to eat much of it lol
   They polished off most of the peanut brittle, a big bag of chocolate popcorn, cookies, and chocolate barks-so was a really nice visit for us-made my holiday for me.

I wanted to share two homemade Christmas cards I have received-thank you so  much.

From Elizabeth:


From Eileen:


From CJ:
   I love this one so much-It is embossed to the left of her calligraphy
and I love the little bird on the address




A postcard from my author friend that lives near Yellowstone Park and writes historical romance novels about that area Peggy Henderson
    The snowshoes were new this year in the card and made me smile. We had a vintage useable pair of snowshoes-wooden made the old way that I gave to her husband to use in the park. He works at the Old Faithful Inn as their carpenter restorer ( he has a better title for what he does but I never can remember it)  I had asked him if he uses them and he said oh yes in many places in the park where the snowmobile does not go. He has his apartment still year round that goes with the job-in case he gets snowed in-a long commute to their new home outside of the park They are living the dream


and some of the cards I received that I have mixed in with the luminaries


I have tried to take photos when the led candles are lit but they never show up


That's it for me this week. Today I want to mix up dough for cut out cookies-the gingerbread and sugar cookies-I love using my cookie cutters.

Update: Sorry somehow I totally forgot to share my beverage photo

   When I was making up the peanut brittle I enjoyed a diet ginger beer (no alcohol)  I love this brand as you can't tell it's diet and has a strong ginger flavor



Happy T and Happy Holidays everyone!!

11 comments:

  1. The cards you received are lovely and look great with the luminaries. Glad you enjoyed the visit of your friends and that they helped you eat your goodies. Have fun baking, happy T Day and happy holidays, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. You must have had a lovely time with your friends and good that you had a store of delicious baking for them to enjoy. Enjoy your baking session and restocking your tins of cookies.
    Your cards look lovely the way you have them displayed.

    Happy T day and I wish you a very Happy Christmas holiday.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. So nice to have company especially the ones that appreciate the time it takes to make the goodies. The cards you received are very beautiful. I like how you have them displayed on the windowsill with the luminaries..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very beautiful cards, and pictures! Love your floor(s).
    A happy Christmas to you!And a happy T-Day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You got some incredibly lovely cards this year, Kathy, I also love how CJ decorates her envelope with festive cheer and adorable calligraphy, too. Your luminaries in your window are gorgeous and they show their beauty both day and night. Thanks for sharing these lovely cards and your ginger beer with us for T this almost Tuesday. You are still baking up a storm it seems! Merry Christmas, dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like you had a fun visit with your friends and you must be happy you did a bit of holiday sweet and snack making. And you got some wonderful cards. I have a new years card I will be sending off later this week. I did not forget, just am running behind. Your paper lanterns look great in your door too with that beautiful view of the lake. I hope you have a fantastic T day and holiday Kathy. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  7. You received lovely cards from the T-Gang members. I love homemade peanut brittle. Your luminaries look perfect. What a great decorating idea! Merry Christmas and Happy T-Day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It sounds like you are having a lovely time with your friends and I bet they love your lake house 😁. Your paper lanterns and beautiful Christmas cards look so festive and I'm loving that view over the lake from that window too! Wishing you a magical Christmastime and a very happy T Day too! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loved seeing all your cards. It sounds like you had a fun holiday visit withyour neighbors/friends. It also sounds like they ate you out of house and home - lol.

    Your view of the lake through the picture window is stunning. Who's living the dream? ;-)

    Merry Christmas and Happy T-day! Eileen xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like a wonderful visit. It's nice to have your goodies appreciated :) Lovely card display! Having that view is living the dream :) Happy Christmas Eve and Happy T Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  11. You received some really lovely cards. I know you got me reading Peggy Henderson's books but I didn't know she was your friend.You say they are living the dream? What about you? I reckon YOU are living the dream now, in this lovely lake house.
    It's great to see your lanterns in the window, and what a view!
    How wonderful that your friends (plus daughter) came to see you. It sounds like you all had a really good time.
    Wishing you a Happy holiday and happy (belated) T-Day.
    Hugs,
    Lisca

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your visits and reading your comments and I do reply back to your comments as well
Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit