Friday, February 11, 2022

Cast Iron Saturday-Superbowl Foods

 Welcome to this week's edition of my Cast Iron Saturdays, where I search for and share recipes using cast iron pieces.

  This coming Sunday is the Super Bowl   Do you always watch it, and do you host or attend a Super Bowl Party??  I have never been to a super bowl party, but I used to love watching football from my favorite teams. Green Bay Packers has been my team favorite since I went to college in northern Wisconsin in 1967 and learned about pro football. Growing up at home no one watched any sports but me. I don't like to play sports but I do love watching sports. I grew up on Notre Dame college football as we lived near South Bend Indiana in a small city named Mishawaka. I always loved that name as it was (some say) named after a Native American princess. more here   Over the years when I moved around I would also cheer on a local team-which is now the KC Chiefs. soooo since both teams that I follow now, did not make it in the Super Bowl this year I will not be watching the game. However there are lots of exciting Olympic games to watch-I have been recording the games on nbc and also on usa channels and then I  buzz through the commercials the next day-I have no patience for soooo many commercials any more.

  Okay back to Super Bowl foods using cast iron 😀

Lodge Cast Iron sends me an email once in awhile which usually includes recipes too. I am going to share some of those, perfect for a party

   Smoked Cream Cheese With Hot Honey Drizzle




Quick Cheese Dip  This could be served with raw veggies too for dipping



Smoked Skillet Queso



Smoked Deviled Eggs  This is new to me, but I may need to try this one day during the summer time when it is warmer outdoors



Baked Pimento Cheese Dip   over the last couple of years I have noticed that pimento cheese is back in recipes again-I grew up with this as a kid  there are gluten free panko breadcrumbs available now


Many people make chicken wings for events like the super bowl-us not so much, I never cared for all the fuss with only a bite or two of meat on the wing. That's me though so I wanted to look for a recipe that looked good.


Cast Iron Maple-Bourbon Chicken Wings This one sounds really delicious



I ran into the Pioneer Woman's post with recipes for the super bowl-back in 2017, many can be made in your cast iron pans and they all look delicious

If you have a favorite football party food you would like to share-feel free to share in comments.

Happy Cast Iron Saturdays

20 comments:

  1. Ooh these meals look really delicious Kathy. Thanks so much for sharing them with us.
    I wish you a very nice weekend, and send big hugs
    Caty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those look like the best party foods out there!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Angie and the link to the Pioneer Woman's site is loaded with recipes too

      Delete
  3. These look so tasty. I have been to and had super bowl get togethers, but not for several years. Maybe one day when covid finally actually really goes away. I do like to watch the game though, and I hope its a good game, not a blow out by either team. Have a great weekend and enjoy the superbowl Kathy. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I like a real game too and not a blowout I don't know anything about these two teams. Happy weekend

      Delete
  4. I used to hold Super Bowl parties back when I had friends who liked football and we didn't have a Covid problem. I was just telling Scott the other day how we had parties and I had people over. Now I visit virtually and don't let people in my home. These all look good. Those smoked deviled eggs look good, and so does the skillet queso, though.

    I normally served flour tortilla wraps that held prosciutto, cheese, guacamole, and sour cream. Everyone loved them and they were often the first to go. I'm not into cooking much, so I like cold finger foods, rather than wings, which a lot of people like. I also made guacamole and a few dips on the side that I served with crackers and chips. One of my friends used to bring little wieners in red sauce or pigs in a blanket. I may not even watch the Super Bowl this year. If I do, it will be for the commercials only, not the game. Thanks for sharing these, Kathy. Nice to read that pimento cheese is back.


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think allot of us like dips and finger foods while watching the games. I remember when pigs in a blanket was really popular that's a good idea-I could record the game and then watch the commercials and buzz out the game-exellent haha Happy weekend

      Delete
  5. Dan and I always have a Superbowl party for just the two of us. :~) We have pizza and one or both of us usually nods off and misses some of the game. Neither of these teams are our teams either, but it will be fun to see a young quarterback play in his first Superbowl. I will take a look at Pioneer Woman's recipes before I decide which recipe I will keep from this list. Somehow, every food looks and tastes better cooked in cast iron.

    I hope you haven't gotten too spoiled to warmer temps this week for I imagine the cold is already swooping down on you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I love it that you and Dan are having your own pizza party-it is really good to see new teams in the super bowl instead of Brady all the time.
      The pioneer Woman had a great list of choices-and she had links to even more super bowl recipes.
      The wind is howling right now bringing in the colder temps for the weekend. It really howls over the lake-Happy weekend

      Delete
  6. Can I come over?
    All I have is raw popcorn and a new popcorn machine. And it will be in the middle of the night for us and... likely we will not get the half time show :-(
    And I will work on Monday. Ingo cannot watch as he has to get up at 4 a.m.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sure if we were closer I would say come on over-hugs don't know what I am making but we aren't watching the super bowl-a popcorn machine-fun

      Delete
    2. You don´t watch? Oh!
      Well. I never watch soccer. My family "hates" us for that. (Ingo does not like soccer, either).

      Delete
    3. No we don't approve of their politics-disrespecting our flag and they are way over paid for what they do Because of their politics I only watch the super bowl if my teams are in it Larry won't watch any football

      Delete
  7. Great food ideas, the pimento cheese dip sounds wonderful.
    I have never been to or given a super bowl party. I don't mind watching sports. Thanksgiving especially, doesn't feel like Thanksgiving without hearing a football game on TV.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So many fabulous foods! I watched Superbowl and although I enjoyed our popcorn and cheesy crisps with our beer, I would have loved some of the cheese dip and quesos - yum 😁. Happy wishes! Hugs Jo x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jo thank you, glad you enjoyed the game I thought these cheese dips did sound good too-hugs

      Delete

I always enjoy your visits and reading your comments and I do reply back to your comments as well
Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit