Saturday, August 31, 2019

It's Saturday & Part of a Long Holiday

  I don't have a movie to share this week but I was looking for cats in movies and found this link to 100 most iconic cats in movies

Meow Mix: The 100 Most Iconic Cats in Movies


Its a long holiday weekend here in the States-Labor Day weekend. It started off late Thursday with T storms and has continued to storm with winds and lots of rain since last night. Very cloudy and cool here at the lake still but so far no more rain.
   I am planning on getting the Weber charcoal grill going on Monday and grill up some baby back ribs. Have not decided on the sides yet. So far just the two of us.

    My rock for Miss Calico has not worked out yet. I decided to use materials I already had here in my craft room. Have lots of colors of permanent markers so did that first-turned out nice-I had some clear finish spray-but alas not for these markers as it all disappeared before my eyes-sigh. So I did it again but didn't put a finish on it as I didn't have varnish here and reading online sounded like it would withstand the elements-not so-totally washed away in the rains.  Soooo I do have acrylic paints here and small paint brushes so may try that next.  This was all too painful so I will wait a bit before I do this again. Thanks for all your tips on how you paint rocks-I will go back through those again.

Those of you celebrating-Happy Labor Day weekend

8 comments:

  1. Love those cats! Enjoy the long weekend and have a good rest, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. A post in tribute to Miss Calico, very nice, Kathy. Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cats in movies. A fun topic. When the time is right, you’ll be able to make your memorial to Miss Calico.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice famous movie cats. There are a lot, aren't there? I think Miss. Cailco would love all those cats you've collected in her memory. Enjoy your weekend Kathy. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  5. This seems like a loving and caring tribute to Miss Calico. It's truly a fitting memorial, too. I know this is painful, and that rock just wasn't meant to be finished yet. Give it and yourself time, dear friend.

    Have a super Labor Day, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. People paint rocks and leave them for others to find or use them for garden decoration. Acrylic paints with a varnish finish should definitely work. Hope the weather is better. Happy September!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I lllllllllove cats, Kathy!!!!!!!!!!!
    Take your time, my friend, and when it is easier for you, I am sure you will make a nice rock for Miss Calico. Hugs, my friend. I am back from vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a shame the markers didn't hold up :( The rock will come into being, I'm sure, and be all the better for the time you're giving it. The mourning process can't be rushed. {hugs}

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your visits and reading your comments and I do reply back to your comments as well
Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit