Thursday, August 22, 2019

A Peak Into my New Craft Room

This was quite the job going through boxes and figuring out where to put things. I finished it today for the most part-I can finally get to my big desk, my sewing area, and I have an old bottom like what is on Hoosier cabinets that will be perfect for messy crafts-the top is already stained so not going to concern myself over it and just enjoy using it. I had to put some spinning items here in the back as I really ran out of room.
   Next up is to set up my weaving corner next to the woodstove so I can finish threading and hooking up my loom and get this finally woven off. Although right now I am kinda anxious to weave on my mini loom saori style-sits on my big desk not sure if can see it in the video or not.

I took a video to share-I can't believe how easy it was to upload my 6 minute plus video now that we have "real" internet only took a minute-loving it!!
   And if you click on full screen to view you can see much better.



PS: now where did I put my fabric journal project-yikes I don't know and I would love to be crafting right now-haha wish me luck on the hunt

Update:  Found it-I sat and thought about it a bit-was in one of the big plastic containers marked journals and wool fabric-yeah Located way on top of those deep steps in the closet

12 comments:

  1. Wow Kathy, you have worked so hard and it's looking really good. Thanks for sharing the video. Have a good rest now! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was interesting to see your craft room. Hurrah for getting it done! You do have a superview and a some nice big places to work. My craft room is also pretty crowded so I can related to all the things. I don't know what I would do if I had to move them. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad things are coming together at the new house. Your PS made me laugh. Good luck on the hunt. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, you could put a sign out front and open a store! You must have supplies for every kind of craft in your new room. I hope you feel more at home now. I’m glad you kept the painted figures on your wall. I have a quilt on my sewing room wall with the same figure! His name is “Kokopelli”. Search the Internet for the native history on this figure. His legend is everywhere even Wikipedia.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoyed your tour. I also have a question for you. Were you thinking of making black walnut ink? Going through some magazines my teacher gave me, I found a recipe for making the ink. E-mail me heathwave24@gmail.com if you would like the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, dear Kathy, congratulations on getting settled in. I'm sure you are going to feel better once everything is in place. It's already feeling like home, I can tell.

    I was going to tell you the "Indian" is a Kokopelli, but Barbara already did. They are really prevalent in the southwest. I have a couple of them, but not on the wall.

    Again, so glad this room is coming together and how you have created zones, which I always advocate.

    ReplyDelete
  7. All of your hard work is finally paying off. I am a bit envious of all the space you have in this room. My sewing room is quite small so it is imperative that I keep everything in its place. I know you are going to enjoy those amazing views as you work.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's a lot of work!!! At some point in time , hopefully soon I'll get mine reorganized,DON'T HOLD YOUR BREATH!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! You have a good space for your art :) I'm happy for you that you were able to keep so much.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a wonderful space! It's lovely to have specific places for different projects and I love how you positioned that big desk by the window, the light will be perfect 😁. Happy weekend! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your visits and reading your comments and I do reply back to your comments as well
Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit