Sunday, August 18, 2019

T Stands for Tuesday & I Blame it on My Artistic Friend

  Another Tuesday will soon be upon us-so it's time for T Stands for Tuesday. You are most welcome to join us with a drink related post-just share a photo of your beverage-and drop by our hostess Bleubeard and Elizabeth-link in my right hand column.

   Last week was a hot and very humid one as it still is today. We had another very long day in Springfield, Mo for Hubs follow up appointment-the surgeon was called in on an emergency so the appointment was about 2 hours later. What made it worse was that we got in earlier than we thought we would-light traffic plus I dropped off my car for oil change and safety inspection and that all went faster than expected.
   The news is that Hubs will have open heart valve replacement surgery-they will go in under his arm between rib bones instead of going through the front-which can not be done do to problems 20 years ago. This is a better long term surgery that will help better than the clip they first talked about.
    It is set for mid September, they have hospitality rooms in the hospital so we can stay overnite-as he needs 2 hours of testing the day before. So our spirits were lifted I think for knowing what is going to occur-finally-it's been a long time of visits and tests since mid March-way too long I think but it is what it is.

   All the parts have arrived for my washing machine so I will be back to the woods home on Wednesday-all paid for but they are putting in $1000.00 worth of parts and labor-crazy I think but in the end my repair insurance paid for itself now and will be working for the new future owners.

   At the lake house these past few days-we have had awesome full moon over the lake views-My digital camera did not capture all of the beauty but it was so breathtaking-views from the big window and off the deck.



and this morning a gorgeous sunrise


I am sooo enjoying these gorgeous views.  There is a huge boat race event next weekend and then soon Labor day weekend-and after that I think the lake will be very quiet.

The black walnuts have been falling-and when I see them I collect them to dry-leaving the skins on as my dye teacher says she does. This makes beautiful brown dyes and I want to try making ink.  This is just a start as the tree is loaded with nuts  I have these drying in the basement-hopefully the squirrels will not find them here.



  My friend Barbara and I inspire each other with ideas for our art and crafts She asked me if I knew anything about silk hankies-as she bought some, shared a video with me on how to make roving-that can either be spun into yarn or knitted or crocheted with out spinning.
   I had heard of these hankies but had not researched them out-wow after I saw a few videos-I gotta have some 😀  so It's all her fault haha

Here is a video that I found on an Etsy sellers store. I am so impressed with this of course I needed to order silk hankies to try this out-I may try spinning it or just weave it in saori style. I bought blues and greens and one with fall colors.


This is what I ordered-and they are not very expensive

image 1

image 1

from here


I have been cleaning up our leather jackets, hats etc. They have been stored in a huge trunk where they could not breath so they were in dire need of a good cleaning. I am about half way through now. I even looked up the right way to do this-so I needed to find the right wooden hangers, than acid free tissue paper, and also breathable garment bags-so the leathers do not touch- this photo is just half the pile of leather clothing  Some of this we hope to sell like our chaps when riding a motorcycle which never got worn.


and the ones done now stored the way they should be and in a closet finally so I am really happy with getting this project almost done.


For my shared beverage-I have not had a glass of wine in months so I opened a bottle last night to go with a Hallmark movie and popcorn. This is dry red wine-merlot.



I had fresh lemons in the frig. so I made up fresh lemonade-very nice for these hot days



Happy T Stands for Tuesday everyone.

18 comments:

  1. That moon over the lake is gorgeous. Stunning at night, beautiful at dawn.

    I am in awe of black walnuts you collected. I hope you will be able to make ink out of them, too.

    I treat my Grandmother's quilts in a similar way you treat your leathers. Looks like that job is nearly finished.

    Glad to know your husband will be having his surgery and when. Keep us updated, please.

    Barbara is definitely an enabler (grin). I'm still not sure what silk hankies are, BUT I think the ones you bought are beautiful. I guess cost is relative, because to me, that's rather expensive. What can I say? I'm apparently not very appreciative of the spinning aspect of yarn.

    Nice that you had the Merlot, even though it's my least favorite wine. I'll gladly join you for a glass of refreshing lemonade, though. Looks like the Merlot is surrounded by lots of fresh fruit, too and a gorgeous glass.

    Thanks for sharing your week with us, your updates about your husband, your lovely photos, and your Merlot and lemonade for T this soon-to-be Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear your husband has an appointment, and that you can stay overnight at the hospital, good luck! You have been very busy, as always. Those black walnuts will make a good dye. I have a few leather jackets, but they hang in the closet. Merlot sounds like a good choice, and fresh lemonade is always good. Happy T Day, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have been very busy. Good prognosis about your hubs. Will keep both of you in my thoughts. The photographs you took of your lake are just gorgeous. I'll be interested in hearing how making walnut ink turns out. I never would have thought of pairing wine, popcorn, and movies. How fun. As it's hot and humid all this week, I'll help myself to a glass of lemonade. Happy T Day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are gorgeous views! I hope all goes well with your husband's surgery.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad y'all have the surgery scheduled and feel comfortable about those plans. I think you got a good photo of that gorgeous moon. Photos on the lake are going to be a pleasure to see :) Thanks for sharing! The silk colors are beautiful, aren't they. It's fun to try new things. I haven't had wine in ages but would gladly join you for Merlot, popcorn, and a movie -and peaches! I'm enjoying these in-season peaches :) The lemonade sounds like the perfect patio/deck beverage. Happy T Day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh what beautiful views you will enjoy through that big window! Best wishes for all that is going on with you and your husband right now!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It sounds like you got good news even though the appointment didn't go so well, at least timewise. But it will be good to get it done, and not too far off either. You did get some beautiful views at the lake house. And that wine and lemonade both look refreshing and good. Hope the humidity breaks for you soon. We have it here too. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  8. Be sure to check out Halle's blog post. She and her daughter went to Yellowstone.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like you've been a busy bee as usual! Those views are gorgeous 😁. Thinking of you and your hubby and wishing you well! Take care and happy T Day! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad to hear things are moving for your hubby's surgery and that you can be with him. What lovely views you have. Looks like again you're so busy with repairs, cleaning up, and crafting:) Merlot and Hallmark-yes! And then fresh lemonade during the day-just perfect. Happy T day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good to read that your husband will be getting the sgery and treatment he needs soon, I hope all will go well.
    You have been so busy again, the own made walnut ink sounds an interesting process. and all your the photos looked great
    Happy T day wishes Kathy
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! Those silk hankies are kinda amazing. I've never seen them before. What fun! Glad to hear your hubby now has a treatment plan. I love me some red wine and the lemonade looks very refreshing. Happy Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I hope all goes well for your hubby's surgery. What a deal. It seems, we are of the age, here in our home, of health issues. I am glad you are getting things straight away in your other home, and getting settled on the lake. Sounds like you will be tackling some new endeavors, too, with walnut dying, and silk hankie projects. The lemonade looks refreshing.
    Happy t Day.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful views!
    Glad to hear that your hubby is finally able to get the surgery that he needs.
    Those silk hankies are very pretty. What an interesting concept to turn them into yarn. I am looking forward to seeing your walnut ink when it is complete.
    Happy Tea Day,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm so glad the doctors finally have a plan. It's sounds much easier than his earlier surgeries. I pray it goes well and this will soon bee behind you. I'm so impressed y the progress you continue to make on moving, organizing and downsizing. I hope you enjoyed your Merlot and movie. You certainly deserve them! Happy T-day! Hugs, Eileen

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm glad his surgery has been scheduled and that you'll both be able to stay overnight at the hospital. Good thing you got the washing machine insurance: that bill was unbelievably high. Your moon and sunrise photos are great. You have beautiful views there. I think one time I picked up some of those green walnuts, and they ended up dying my fingers brown. (I didn't know what they were at the time.) Those silk hankies are nice colors. It looks like you're almost fully settled in at the new house. Happy T-Day!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm glad to hear your hubby is going to have his op. A decision has been made and you have a date (roughly). A good outcome.
    That moon was wonderful. We obviously saw it too. We were in Portugal and I called all the kids to have a look.
    I have never heard of silk hankies and they certainly don't look like hankies. They're too small to be hankies and I wouldn't like to blow my nose in them either. But they are a fascinating way to make a silk yarn. So I guess you are in 7th heaven with these.
    Wow, you did an excellent job with those leathers. A lot of work though. Are you going to sell them? Or are you going to keep them in the hope of one day being able to wear them again?
    Yes, the walnut harvest is here. I picked some a few years ago to make walnut liqor.(I still have a few bottles)
    I am confused about the washing machine. The repair costs are astronomical. And you are getting it repaired (albeit on the insurance) only to leave it behind for the next owner. I don't understand that. Won't they have their own washing machine already? I'm probably missing something here.
    Happy belated T-Day,
    Hugs,
    Lisca

    ReplyDelete
  18. So happy to know that Your husband will have a surgery very soon, I wish all will be well, that´s very good to stay at the hospital after the surgery.
    Your view from your house are really beautiful, thanks so much for sharing them with us. Hope you had a nice T-day.
    Thanks for this video about the silk, never seen before, the result is amazing. hard work with the leather clothes, I had some, but gave them to my nieces.
    I wish you a very nice Friday, and send big hugss
    Caty

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your visits and reading your comments and I do reply back to your comments as well
Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit