Monday, August 5, 2019

T Stands for Tuesday

  T Stands for Tuesday is when we share a drink related post with friends. You are most welcome to join us with our hostess Bleubeard and Elizabeth-find link in my right hand column.

  I actually had a couple days of "normalsy" is that a word?? 😉
     We have most things in the house moved to the lake house-still have two deep freezers that will go in the basement and Hubs has some large items-but we need help getting these moved.
    Even though I am not the one that is ill, driving up and back every day for several months is really really tiresome. I stay overnite a couple nights now. Pretty soon Miss Calico kitty will be coming with us to stay at the lake.
    I did get allot of sorting accomplished. Some things are not in place like the dressers for the bedroom so difficult to load them up.
    Today though and also late yesterday I have tackled my craft room.
I am not good at visualizing space so I have discovered that both of our extra rooms are much smaller than what we had in the wood's home. We each have a closet that helps out.
    I probably should have gone through more and eliminated lots of craft things, but like I have mentioned before I am just not ready for that & my stash collection of all things fibers goes back to the '60s. quilting, sewing, weaving and I have added spinning with loads of fibers yet to spin, rug hooking, journaling, paper, soap making, herb salves etc dyeing. Did I leave anything out?? haha
    I did eliminate allot of books-mostly cookbooks and gardening books, but I still ended up with lots of books both craft and art books and novels.
    Soooo today I did manage by the end of the day to see my floors in front of my big desk and sewing table. Still boxes to go through-some things will sit on my desk, but I have allot of spinning and weaving tools I need to figure out how to store.  I am getting there though
     On the two back to back steamer trunks (that sits across from these shelves, I put on top another trunk full of felted wools, and a wicker full of weaving yarns. So that area is now pretty high-oh well

These two shelf units are to the left when I walk in the door-I originally had all of my quilt fabrics on here but needed space for books etc so all of my fabrics are now in big plastic storage containers except for my 1800's reproduction fabrics which are in the shelf in my closet--I have needed to change up things as I started figuring out where to put things.
   These shelves in this photo have rug hooking, paper making, lots of dye supplies, soap making pans and molds, lots of weaving reference materials, novels, and there is some yardage to the right and the bags are silk, linen, lace, velvets and more
  All of these rooms in the house except for the bedroom and kitchen-dining area have no overhead lighting-so it is too dark now to take more photos.


This peak in the closet with shelving-lots of patterns and some of the reproduction fabrics


Tubs of quilt fabrics, and also felted wool which I didn't have room for in the trunks  This area is also loaded up with bags of spinning fibers
   this is going to have to get moved this fall so we can get to the crawl space in the attic to blow in insulation fun haha


shelving in the closet


Soap making supplies and butters for lotions etc also with basket of hexagon project.


  Sunday I woke up early enough to view my first sunrise on the lake



For my beverage reference today-I have had a taste for coffee lately. I have to have decaf and the coffee sold in stores still has too much caffeine in it for me, as does restaurants. So I searched online and found that the swiss water process is 99.99% caffeine free which of course is more expensive.
   After reading about several I settled on this one. They grind your coffee the same day it ships-and it tasted soooo delicious and I didn't get sick from it-so a happy camper for sure. Tastes just like "real" coffee




I got to see this sailboat sail by over the weekend.


Update on Hubs-the visit to the surgeon was a disappointment. We had to wait an hour and a half on him-talked to us for less than 5 minutes-and ordered more tests-I was Not happy and let the nurses know it.

Last week he went into the hospital where they checked his heart, all the prior grafs, stents etc.  That went well. 3 of the 4 grafs that were done in '99 are in excellent shape as are the stents. The issue is he needs valve work-this surgeon was pushing for open heart to replace the whole valve but back in '99 he had a massive staff infection that kept him in the hospital an additional 3 months so we are not liking that option.  We got a call this morning for another appt with the surgeon for the end of this month to discuss options-not happy about the wait time as his health is declining allot in the last couple weeks. So I wrote a long note to the surgeon's staff and they ended up giving him an appt for next week thursday-so it does pay to pursue.

These ducks swam by the dock while I was watching the sunrise--Happy T everyone


17 comments:

  1. Beautiful views for our morning cuppa. I enjoyed hearing about your storage and organization. It sounds like you have a lot of stuff. I hope you are able to get everything to your liking.
    Happy Tea Day,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you have been busy Kathy. Your shelves are looking good so congrats on all the work and the accomplishments. Hopefully things will go well with the hubby's next drs appointment. And it looks like you are enjoying the lake too. Happy T day. hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  3. I started a comments and it disappeared, so I'll try again! Glad you are slowly getting back to normality, but you must be exhausted with all that work and the many trips between the houses. Well done on all you have achieved. The photos from the lake are gorgeous. Enjoy your coffee, happy T Day, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. What disappointing news about your husband, Kathy. I hope they get his operation sooner than originally planned. I'm wondering if Joplin hadn't been a better option, since they have a top rate surgery dept/unit there. I know it's the other side of the state for you, but I can't imagine you having to wait so long, especially if you have good insurance.

    Your fabric is SO neatly stored. I'm in awe. How do you keep it so well preserved?

    Beautiful photos of the lake. Lovely sailboat, too.

    Your coffee sounds wonderful. So glad you like it and can drink it with no after effects. Thanks for sharing your week and your coffee with us for T this Tuesday, dear.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Its good to read that you are getting the house organised and your shelves filled as you want them to look.
    I hope all will go well with the hubby's next appointments, it must be quite stressful for you both.
    The views of the lake are lovely a beautiful scene to enjoy relaxing with your coffee.
    Happy T day wishes Kathy.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, you have been busy and I was impressed that you are getting things sorted for your hubby too! My dad had a heart valve successfully replaced, they did keyhole through the groin area and he had to stay awake whist they were doing it but it worked out ok for him as he couldn't have open heart surgery, I hope they find a solution soon as I know how worrying it is. Such lovely views over the lake too! Take care and wishing you a Happy T Day! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  7. You've accomplished a lot. It really is hard to visualize space until you actually live in it and use it. Sunrise on the lake is beautiful especially with a favorite beverage. Will keep you and your Hubs in my thoughts. Happy T Day

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kathy, yes, you must be very assertive about what Larry’s heart needs. Someone I know got the same runaround with waiting for a valve replacement, even at one point so the surgeon could go on vacation! So, he saw another surgeon who said “Let’s get this done!” and so they did. That person is still active today, over 10 years later.
    Your spaces are starting to look lived in! All your supplies have found a new niche. I don’t have a 10th of what you have, but it works for me. I’ve just donated things I can honestly say to myself that I won’t use again. I’m older than you though. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm sorry to hear you got disappointed at the cardiologist. Good for you that you are being assertive! It seems you need to be. In the States you have to pay for your health care yourself, so it should be good. I do hope it all gets sorted soon and that hubby doesn't deteriorate more. That must be quite worrying.
    I'm amazed at the amount of stuff you have put away, but it all looks neat and tidy. (A bit surprised that your house doesn't have overhead lights. Is that normal in your state? Couldn't you have done something about that when you were still doing repairs? It must be darn impractical).
    Oh the sunrise is beautiful! A gorgeous reward for getting up early!
    Happy T-Day,
    Hugs,
    Lisca

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can't tell you how many times I've moved only to get rid of a lot of the things I'd moved with me. I think it's the "stuff" equivalent of food when my eyes are bigger than my stomach. You do seem to have great ways to store everything -shelves and tubs. That's so helpful.

    We've had some places with overhead lighting and some without. Right now we're without, and finding lamps I liked was a real challenge. Most lamps are so _ugly_ lol

    Your view of the sunrise there takes my breath away. You'll have us all looking for property along your shore :) Beautiful! And to find yourself with a pourover coffee maker and such a lovely mug in that setting.... You must feel like you've landed in heaven :)

    I'm sorry about the difficulty with your hubby's medical situation and hope they come up with options that work for him. It's hard dealing with doctors' offices as a separate issue than dealing with the medical problems :( Together it sometimes just feels like so _much_ :( I hope y'all get what you need from them.

    Happy T Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dear Kathy,

    I'll keep you and your husband in my prayers. You have a wonderful stash of goods! And the lake is so beautiful; what a blessing to be so close to it.
    Love,
    Marqueta

    ReplyDelete
  12. I got exhausted just reading this, Kathy. Wow, you're doing a great job making everything fit. You have some real treasures. I can see why you don't want to let them go.

    Your news on hubby is a mix of good news/bad news. I hope they find a less invasive valve repair. Great news that the stents and grafts and 3 of the 4 stents are in great shape. I'm so glad you fought for an earlier appointment. Heart stuff is not something that should wait!

    Happy T-day! Hugs, Eileen

    Your lake photos are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You've accomplished a lot with your move. It looks like you have some sturdy shelving. (I think I recall you saying awhile ago that you shopped around and found those at a good price.) Totes are great for storing stuff. That sunrise on the lake looked beautiful and tranquil. I'm sorry to hear you're getting the run around with your husband's health. But it did pay to be persistent. I hope all goes well on that front. Happy T-Day!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! You have done so well - I know all about the wrench of downsizing, you look to have kept the important stuff though! Well done for getting things moving with hubby - it is good to hear he won't have to wait so long, now it's a case of just what to do, which I hope is resolved easily! I am envious of your sunrise view - at least at this time if year it will get a little later! Belated Happy T day! Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  15. I hope the options will be good for your husband and you on next week, we really may have much pacience with medical themes here too. Hope you will feel better today. you have worked a lot by moving all the things to your other house, and yes, Your shelves are really full of beauties.
    Happy T-day ! (sorry I´m late visiting) and thanks so much for the so beautiful photographs of the sunrise, the lake and the lovely place where you live.
    I wish you a very nice Thursday, and send big hugs,
    Caty

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful lake views...nothing better than a day at the lake. Your craft stuff looks very organized...I totally know how hard it is to get rid of stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  17. The photographs from the lake are lovely.
    Hope things go well with your husbands next Drs appointment.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your visits and reading your comments and I do reply back to your comments as well
Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit