Friday, August 9, 2019

Happy Friday

  Hi everyone,
       Thought I would pop in to stay hi. We are in reverse now-staying overnite at the lake house and traveling back to the woods every couple of days to check on things and load stuff.
      Big stuff yet from the house is my two commercial deep freezers, and a couple large items of Hubs things. He also needs to go through his out buildings and decide what to bring-he has tools and machinery of all sorts from his very younger days-I am encouraging him to take what ever he wants and has room for in the garage.
    Ever have one of those weeks where everything is just difficult? that's me this week. From the start with Monday getting Hubs appt to sooner than later. The tracfone I just updated in April never kept a charge and now it totally does not work. Go back to Wal mart (a big box store) to buy another one and get our minutes transferred over-and they have No phones in stock-could not believe that one. So I just food shopped instead, went back to the woods house and picked up Miss Calico to stay with us at the lake house.  I had called the Wal mart store near the lake house about 20 minutes away and they sell the phones but do not transfer minutes or set up the phone for you-that was weird I thought.
     My woods house washer machine went totally crazy on me jumped off the plumbing and everything-wouldn't finish spinning out either-so I took the sheets outdoors to dry. Big surprise a couple days ago I opened the washer to clean it out and it had filled up to the top with water-oh my water every where. Fast closed the door so only half of it had to get cleaned up. the drain spin option no longer works either.  Today I am setting up a repair appt as I still have time on my repair protection agreement and the guy refuses to set up an appt for me cause he can fix it over the phone-No you can't I say, we have done everything already--so I call back-no problem getting an appt. for next week--the list goes on but those are the highlights haha.

   Anyways I am getting ready to drive from the lake house back to the Wal mart near our woods house for our cell phone fix hopefully no more problems. This is just a simple phone that we can throw in the car for emergencies and now that I turned off the house phone in the woods we need something for emergencies there. so wish me luck today 😀

   I surprised Miss Calico so I was able to get her in the pet carrier very easy. She did a very sad meow on and off-and then slept mostly for the hour drive-she is 20 years old at least so nothing phases her much in the long run.
    She has adapted pretty well-so far no wild animals have found her food-I do still only put a little handful out for her at night.  She seems to enjoy the steps-I did carry her around the lake house and she saw the guys fishing. It was time to bring her-if we stay over nite at the lake house the animals eat all of her food at night and she has nothing during the next day.  I just ordered her a pet house so she will have a nice place to get out of the weather and to sleep at night.  She has not done well as an indoor kitty-never would always use the litter box and pees on carpets-so she has been an outdoor kitty for many years now.

I just took these photos this morning.


Hubs was working in the garage and spotted this eagle-totally forgot about the eagles resting here many days. This is just across the road from those steps. Hoping he doesn't get any ideas about Miss Calico.


Happy Friday

7 comments:

  1. Oh my Kathy, you have so much on your plate just now, you must be rotating. I hope you manage to find a few quiet minutes in between for yourself. Glad you managed to transport your cat. How wonderful to see an eagle, and yes, I hope he doesn't cast an eye on your Miss Calico! Have a good weekend, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kitties do have a way of finding comfy spots in the sun! Did you get the sooner appointment
    for Larry. Hope so.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry you had so many problems this week. I can't believe that one Walmart said they don't transfer the minutes: if one does it, they should all do it. Appliance repairs are always annoying to have to arrange. I'm glad your cat was okay for the car ride to the lake house. (My cat cries from motion sickness during the short drive to the vet for his annual check up.) Miss Calico is beautiful. She looks happy sleeping on the steps. You're so lucky to have Bald Eagles living at the woods house. But I agree with you: hopefully they don't get any ideas when they see your cat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear you are getting close to finally completing your move. It has been a long project. But sorry to hear you've had one of those weeks. Hopefully you'll be able to get a phone and all those problems will get squared away, soon! Happy weekend Kathy. hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my! When it rains it pours. Hope those problems get taken care of quickly. Miss Calico looks so cute on the steps

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have a lot on your plate right now, and you don't need the added inconvenience of people who aren't competent in their jobs. I hope by now all is sorted.

    Now I see why Miss Calico stays outside. Bleubeard, when he was younger didn't like to be inside until it was time to eat. At least he used a sandbox, but I had to train him to use it. Squiggles has virgin paws and has never been outside, except in his carrier. He has been chipped, though, so if he ever did get out, all the vet would have to do is run that thing over his neck and he'd be home in no time. Or that's the theory. Actually, I don't think he's even been to my front door to look outside.

    I had a cat I used to take on trips with me. His name was Dog and I always said Dog is my copilot. Most cats don't like to ride, but he loved it. You should have seen the looks on people when they saw he was on a leash and watching the cars beside him. Wow, how did I get off on that tangent?

    I hope next week is less stressful, more fun, and you can take some "me" time to just play.

    Miss Calico is a beauty. I agree that I hope the eagle doesn't look at her as food. She's far too pretty for that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your week has been a perfect illustration of "When it rains, it pours" :( I'm glad your kitty made the move happily enough but am sorry she won't cooperate in the safety of indoor life where the eagle can't swoop down and get her. Scary! But exciting to have eagles!

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your visits and reading your comments and I do reply back to your comments as well
Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit