Wednesday, October 13, 2021

What I Learned About Encore Metallic Inks

   Hi Friends,

   I thought I would do a little post and thank those of you that commented about getting this brand to dry on the papers.

  Most of you suggested a heat gun, which I don't have. I did read in a forum to try a hair dryer on high-that did not work at all. Another one on the forum mentioned ironing it-but didn't explain what they put on top of the stamped image to iron-so didn't want to risk a fire with that one. The forum also mentioned to seal it with an acrylic spray sealant.  I had done 6 cards, I should have only tried the sealant on one because my old can that was in my stash no longer sprayed a fine spray. In the end it ruined the image. Bled through the back and smeared my stamped image.

  Frustrated, I tossed the six cards, but did cut off the other blank half to save for another project, and tossed the rose metallic ink in the trash.

photo from online of the ink



  During this process I used the same brand and ink but in gold and stamped on to parchment paper that I will glue inside the card.  This dried well after a few hours.

  So after I had tossed the other ink-which is the same-I dug that out of the trash, and then read the fine print on the cover-it stated: "Unlike other metallic inks this non toxic, water soluble pigment ink dries within minutes  on porous paper.  Embossing optional".

    So thinking that my parchment paper must be porous I stamped the rest that I needed with the rose metallic. Magic-in an hour or so all dry to the touch.

  Moral of this adventure-read the fine print haha  

 I did an online search for which papers are porous and this is all I found-no examples of which papers  If any of you would know of examples of which papers would be more porous I would love to know thanks

        "A measure of the extent to which a paper surface will allow the penetration of a gas or liquid, such as air or ink, through its surface. Paper with high porosity increases ink absorbency, and in some printing processes can increase the risk of show-through and/or strike-through. ".

  

6 comments:

  1. Too bad about the 6 cards you sprayed, but glad you had some ink that worked. I have a couple of encore ink pads, and I like them! Have a great end of the week. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I need to learn to sample first. but at least I only stamped 6 cards. this ink would not have dried on the cardstock has to be more porous

      Delete
  2. Sometimes we need to try out a lot to get results. I have this ink in gold and silver, and It's good. A heat-gun is a valuable tool when crafting. Have fun with your card making! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks I may need to look into a heat gun but I don't do embossing

      Delete
  3. Not only reading fine print can be helpful, but reading directions too. Is it a ‘man thing’ not to do that. I’ve seen it in our house. Giggle…

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your visits and reading your comments and I do reply back to your comments as well
Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit