Friday, October 8, 2021

A Journal Page for AJJ & Morning's Sunrise

   Good morning Friends,

      We woke up to a very clouded over lake this morning, but just enough time to capture a couple photos

  The camera picked up more colors than what we saw with our eyes-which was all white





Since October is my favorite month of the year- and my husband's and my birthday month too-I wanted to make a journal page for Art Journal Journey's new challenge, which is My Favorite Color is October.

These are the supplies I used-papers from my magazine etc clipping stash, stamps, ink, crayola pen, wasabi tape I try to keep my paper collection in control with having to fit into this container



   I am working in a German cookbook now for my mixed media journal pages and for this one I used two pages

  The farm house is a wine label, photos from a bird magazine, and a tootsie roll wrapper, wasabi tape (I messed up on my October letter spacing a bit-but added a little whimsy in the end)




Happy Friday

20 comments:

  1. Hi Kathy, I love your beautiful and colourful journal pages, really beautiful. Thanks so much for linking to Tracey's challenge at AJJ. I love the misty morning photos, lovely! Have a great weekend, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. The morning sunrise shots are awesome! Thanks for sharing, Kathy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And, my favorite color is also October. What a glorious addition these pages are for your art journal. Now you have me looking at stickers everywhere. Today I saved one from a banana. I love your misty foggy morning sunrise.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well color me orange, too! This is really clever and I love how you included the wine label. This is a brilliant journal entry, Kathy, and perfect for Tracey's theme at Art Journal Journal. I really LOVE that stash of papers you have to choose from.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks soooo much Elizabeth-I used to have just too much-so I told myself If it fits in this small tub I am good haha I have two fat folders full that fit in here too.

      Delete
  5. I'm so glad you shared that page with us at AJJ Kathy. It is perfect. You certainly captured October. The wine label is a great addition. Thanks so much for sharing with us for Tracey's challenge at AJJ. And wow, those are striking sun photos. I hope you have a wonderful October weekend. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kathy i'm so happy you shared your journal page @ AJJ this month, like you it's my favourite month of the year and also my Birthday month too. How clever to make use of that old German cook book, perfect pages for mixed media you've filled it with a display of colourful seasonal things, both pages perfect for my October theme and the addition of the washi is especially beautiful. Thanks so much for joining me.
    Wishing you a super creative October Hugs Tracey x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful October page with the leaves, wonderful, I love it !!!! Wonderful photos of this morning rise !!! Have a happy week Hugs, Elke

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Kathy, I am so happy to see your journal pages and your take on Tracey's theme at AJJ, they look fantastic, thank you for linking them.
    The photos looked lovely as well
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. A perfectly Autumn coloured page Kathy - love all the elements you added to make your page. The misty photos are fantastic. Thanks for linking to AJJ, hugs, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your visits and reading your comments and I do reply back to your comments as well
Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit