Friday, October 8, 2021

Cast Iron Saturdays-Biscuits

    I thought of searching out biscuits this week. We don't eat bread any more, but I do like to make a biscuit once in awhile or a cornbread.

Maple Cornmeal Biscuits by Lodge




Red White and Blue Biscuits



Biscuit Baking Tips-very informative post



Camp Fire Buttermilk Biscuits  this one is made with Bisquick-I grew up with my Mom using this allot-I prefer biscuits from scratch, but these are nice for camping there is a gluten free Bisquick now too.




Cathead Biscuits



Below is a blog I like to follow-because I always wanted to know how to cook on a wood cook stove-I really wish my Mom would have taught me-she grew up cooking on one but never mentioned it to us until she had dementia-sigh

      This is biscuits and gravy on a wood cook stove



Iron Skillet Biscuits



How do you like to make your biscuits?

14 comments:

  1. We adore biscuits. These are some great recipes using cast iron pans!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My grandmother made biscuits on occasion, but I get mine from a paper can at the store (sad, but true). I LOVE flaky biscuits, some of those looked better than others. Thanks for these links, Kathy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. for me getting a very flaky biscuit is key-I think it's an art to achieve

      Delete
  3. Nice recipes, they all looks great! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love some yummy biscuits. You are making me hungry today Kathy. Happy weekend. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have biscuits from hell. Seesh. Recipe said 40g, I took 20g of jalapenos. Huuuuuu. You need milk, beer won´t do, it burns ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I used to cook on a woodstove. I got so I could roast a chicken and bake bread, make yogurt. It was fun-I loved it. The house I lived in then had no running water. I had to dip water from the well! (And use a privy!)
    My grandma used to make biscuits from stratch-she would put them ontop of a stew-they'd cook to a wonderful texture-half wet sortof-it sounds bad but it was amazing because the stew would flavor the biscuits.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. a wood cook stove is something I always wanted-we did find a small one and brought it to the woods home-but it came in pieces-too many-haha and no place in the house to put it.
      I love biscuits like that too over a stew or chicken soup good for you using a wood cook stove

      Delete
  7. Nice biscuits. I use to make all of my bread over the fire. There is something special about that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is very special to be able to bake outdoors over a fire-I really enjoy doing that too

      Delete

I always enjoy your visits and reading your comments and I do reply back to your comments as well
Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit