Saturday, May 8, 2021

Happy Mother's Day & Weaving Update

 Happy Mother's Day to all of you Mom's.

    I have only been a Mom for numerous animals and birds-loved them all

 


  I am beginning to see the end of the threading-soon. After the first day, keeping the four threads in each slot of the reed in order (from the cross) became much easier and smoother.  I work about 4 to 5 hours in the mornings with breaks and I took a couple days off too. This morning the threading is going faster.

   This photo was a few days ago


I am much further along now from this photo-hoping to finish the threading this weekend


  Below is what the back of the loom looks like-I am re checking each set of the pattern and then loosely tying it. 
     The other day I needed to add more heddles-I had taken a bunch off when I was weaving the shawl-Happy with myself for figuring out how to do that with the threading already in progress.
     The instructions that came with my loom was very minimal-just diagrams on how to put it together.
   This is a unique loom for the times, this was orginally a table loom that came with the option to buy a kit to make into a floor loom which I bought right away.


 I am making us homemade pizzas today. A wheat crust and a gluten free crust for me. It's been awhile since we had pizza.  I will be getting started on that soon.

Happy weekend everyone

18 comments:

  1. Goodness, it looks so complicated. I sure don't know how you keep it all straight in your head. :) hope you enjoy(ed) your pizza. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you are making good progress! Now I want Pizza!!! Hugs, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely mother's day greeting. I admire your weaving, it looks very complicated. Happy weekend, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. How I wish I could wiggle and twitch my nose and magically be sitting at your side when the weaving begins. Your threading looks perfect now with every thread straight and even. I had been out back in my comfy chair reading and taking in some sun until the wind got too strong. More rain coming tomorrow. How’s the weather at the lake? Pizza sounds perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Being an animal mom is being a mom. Pizza sounds yummy and I hope it was. The actual weaving looks it will be starting soon. Hope you have a happy mother's day and your weekend is going well. hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with Erika. I've only been a mom to animals, and I think this is a beautiful tribute and image. That means I get to wish you a lovely Mother's Day, too.

    Again, that weaving looks really complicated. Hope you enjoyed your pizza. Now I'm hungry for one (grin).

    ReplyDelete
  7. I join you. I had mice as "kids", so well behaved. One even in summer climbed up my naked leg and made it to my shoulder, telling me what she did the day (how did she know that´s my ear?!). We count as Moms, right?
    Oh, it still looks so complicated, can´t wait to see your finished work!
    Pizza. You "kill" me! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes we do count as Moms too-hugs
      Pizza was good-happy weekend

      Delete
  8. Unbelievable project with that loom! I know you will persist, and I will follow from afar. 😊

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so impressed with what you are doing! I have to go back and look at your older posts...Have a wonderful week! I will write soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Debra, I do enjoy weaving-I have been doing other things-fun too-but it's time to weave now-

      Delete

I always enjoy your visits and reading your comments and I do reply back to your comments as well
Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit