Tuesday, May 11, 2021

Finally Set Up To Weave---Updated 5/12

   I know I know you all are probably getting tired of these weaving posts but I thought I would share one more photo this morning.

   I worked a couple more hours last night to get the front tied on and ready to weave. I wove the rags in to set up the warp for weaving.

   This morning I changed the pedal tie ups for the pattern and wove one pattern set.

   I love this pattern which is from the Viking era and the pattern can be found in an old Handwoven magazine (September-October 2009). Some of you may remember this pattern that I used for a set of hand towels for the bathroom where I used thicker and textured yarns.

   At the time I purchased this 8/2 cotton I bought a cone of this brown and also two shades of blue-this is the lighter one. This pattern gives 6 towels so I can change up the colors



Updated: 5/12/2021

I wove most of the morning and did get quite a bit woven, then I noticed a mistake in the pattern-2 inches down oh  my gosh--do I take it all out to that point or not?

    It would really bug me not to-so after taking it out to that point and then figuring out where I was in the pattern-I wove a bit more so I will be set for tomorrow's weaving


    I am really happy with this first color combination-and I just always loved this old Viking weaving pattern

14 comments:

  1. I haven't visited in ages because I haven't seen a link to Tea Day.
    Your weaving is SO lovely and I can imagine it is a lot of work. Looking forward to seeing the final result.
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kate, am so happy you dropped by for a visit. I am enjoying getting back to my weaving again. I decided to take a break from T for a bit

      Delete
  2. I think these photos you've been showing are interesting Kathy. It's fun to learn little bits about weaving. I like that pattern you're using. Hope it was a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this is very beautiful! I think it´s important to show all this. Not that you get me trying it, though, LOL. I would never have the patience.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I am enjoying every picture and post, and am so excited that "WE" are ready to weave! I love the colors and the pattern. You must be getting excited too that your beautiful towels will soon be finished.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. good morning, yes I was quite excited to finally get to the weaving part. this will take awhile as these are fine yarns. I just noticed a mistake in the pattern so am taking out about 2 inches right now-sigh it would bug me not to fix that

      Delete
  5. Congratulations! It is exciting to read about your weaving travels. I love the pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful pattern Kathy! Enjoy your weaving! xx

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your visits and reading your comments and I do reply back to your comments as well
Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit