Thursday, May 6, 2021

Cast Iron Saturdays-Steak

   Welcome to my cast iron Saturday posts where I will share recipes and information about cast iron.  You are most welcome to share as well-just send us a link to your new post in comments.

   I thought I would share recipes using cast iron for steaks.

A few years ago I splurged  and bought a Lodge large griddle pan-I cook allot of meat with this pan on top of the stove and the results look and tastes like grilled outdoors over a fire-except for the smoky flavors. I love this grill pan and use it to make us large chicken breasts, pork tenderloins and more.

  Here is a photo of the grill pan I picked up-the larger Wal Mart stores usually have a display of Lodge cast iron pieces and pretty good prices. I was always on the hunt for a vintage grill pan like this one but they were always so expensive, and not easily found. I pretty  much begged for a cheaper price at a large garage sale of one I fell in love with-but the seller would not budge-so I "settled" for a new Lodge and love it.

  The secret for me is to get your grill pan very hot and I use a light spray of olive oil over the pan. Then I sear the meat on all sides to get great grill marks, and then lower the heat and use a meat thermometer to get the meats just right

  Below photo from Lodge online shop


  Recipes found on Pinterest and around the web




Perfect pan seared steak


Filet Mignon in cast iron


Perfect T Bone in cast iron

  


and to close flank steak for fajitas--sooo good



Happy grilling in your cast iron

11 comments:

  1. We have such a grill pan, too, but somehow... nah, we don´t get the steak as good as I wish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never could make a good steak either until I bought a meat thermomter

      Delete
  2. Eating less meat these days but your photos are tempting me back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I pretty much only use cast iron pans too plus my vintage revere ware pieces

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love my grill pan and use it almost every day. i have been working at "grilling" chicken tenderloins, but still don't have that one where i want it. Our favorites are ribeye steaks which we have once a week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. when I buy a steak it is a ribeye-to don't eat much beef anymore mostly pork or chicken, hopefully fish this summer. I really love this grill pan and use it allot too

      Delete
  5. I'm a little late stopping by but it is Saturday, right? Smile. I need to get out my griddle pan and use it more. You are right, it does make on the stove cooking seem more like outdoor cooking. Mine has gotten buried in my kettle cabinet. It is one of the problems with the a small kitchen. Thanks for sharing this, and hope you have a great weekend. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are not late at all Erika.
      The one think I like about this electric stove that was already here at the lake house was the deep drawer on the bottom-never seen a stove with one of those-perfect for storing lots of cast iron that use allot Happy weekend

      Delete

I always enjoy your visits and reading your comments and I do reply back to your comments as well
Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit