Wednesday, May 26, 2021

Dropping in With Weaving Update & Sewer Install

   Everything is working smoothly now-still can't get over that totally messed up tension on warp-do to papers.

   I have used papers in the past and never had a problem, this finer yarn just did not care for it-and wow what a difference too.

   I just finished the second towel and used a left over cotton with a bit of texture that I used in the bath hand towels. It is a bit larger thread too so the pattern really shows up.  Going forward I am weaving a wider border-changing up colors-and also changing up the pattern weave to sometimes using a plain weave in the border areas.

   I started on the third towel and the border I am doing now is the finer yarn and the brown-same as warp threads. Will weave the body of this next towel a darker blue.


I am doing a wider borders on the ends then I started out with on the first towel, and will fold over a couple turns and either hand hem stitch or machine sew.

While I am weaving that top part now which will be the border for next towel-I can not see the pattern while I am weaving it-so far I see no pattern mistakes. I actually have the pattern in my head now so far haven't made a mistake since my first towel


and Wow is it ever noisy here-the sewer crew is here digging through soil and lots of rock.

  I took a photo from the window behind my loom which has a screen on it


You can just barely see the second machine behind that tree on the left


 When they went for lunch I took these photos from the deck


With all the rain we have had this month, the ground is really soft- we were nice and let these construction guys use our property to get down to this area to work-otherwise they would have had to do all this hard work by hand and use a boat for product--they are to fix this mess afterwards and gravel our little path from up on top of the steps down to the lake as a thank you. That will be nice to get that rock.
     Larry used to work for the same union back in his younger days in Chicago, so he has enjoyed chatting with them



Happy Wednesday-the Memorial Day vacationers are arriving as I type-the lake will be very busy from now on 

  Update:  Ok I am loving this blue so much better than the lighter blue with this brown  They are both pretty but I think this blue really pops and shows off the pattern more



15 comments:

  1. Wow! Honestly< I think this is the most beautiful weaving I have even seen. Now you are leaving me speechless! We got lots of rain yesterday, so it's wet here too. But it is beautiful today ~ sunny with a good wind for drying clothes. I can sense the excitement building there on the lake with the big weekend right upon us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mary, I always loved these older traditional weaving patterns. I am really loving this blue.
      just saw on the weather online that we are in for some very bad storms-hail-strong winds, tornadoes possibly-thursday afternoon through thursday evening-sounds scary
      I used to really love hanging all of our laundry outdoors-especially at the woods home but the pollen in the air got my allergies. Larry is ready for a break from the dock project and a holiday party-so his worker and daughter and friend will be coming Monday-I think I will roast up a boston butt pork roast-shred it and fix it up two ways-one with peppers and one with bbq sauce. mini sandwiches sounds a good way to feed a bunch Happy weekend your way hugs

      Delete
    2. "Feed a bunch!" Yes, you may have a lot of people dropping by. I am sure word is getting around about the dishes you serve up. Yes, we may be in for those storms too! It has really heated up this afternoon, so the atmosphere is getting energized for storms.

      Delete
    3. It feels like a storm coming in for sure-be safe

      Delete
  2. You have the pattern in your head?! WOW!
    And that with the noise, too - I could never.

    "CAT". I remember by Niece, when she was heading to her third Birthday. I asked what she would like as a present. She said "an ant".
    ??? So... stupid Auntie went to the store. I got her a cup with a magnifier on top and told her with this she can see every detail of the ant if she puts it inside the container.

    The look.

    At my Brother´s place they call such machines "ants"! How was I to know?! LOL.

    Nice of you to help the guys like that again :-)
    Beautiful blue.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. this treadling pattern is an easy one compared to some.
      I loved the story hugs
      I am really liking this blue too-thanks

      Delete
  3. Your weaving is really gorgeous, love the colours. Glad the workers are getting on with the sewer, I can imagine it's very noisy. Have a great day, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Valerie, Yes it is pretty noisy since they are drilling-digging through allot of rock our house is built on a rock ledge

      Delete
  4. Your weaving is beautiful. The lighter blue does look nice.
    Happy New Path to the Lake!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful, I love both designs and the blue really shows of the pattern 😁. Wow, hope all the work goes well it looks like they've been busy with those diggers. Happy and creative wishes! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jo, yes these diggers are pretty noisy too but will be nice when the sewers are in

      Delete
  6. Your weaving is gorgeous Kathy. You are really on a roll now. And wow, the work is happening really close to shore, isn't it? How many towels do you plan to make? hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Erika, this pattern was to make 6 towels, but since I had to cut off after the first towel and then re tie on-not sure if I will get a 6th towel-or at least it will be a shorter towel that can always be used too

      Delete
  7. You are using some lovely colours! I'm pleased that the guys will be giving you a decent path - as well as sewers! Hope the weekend isn't too noisy! Hugs, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Chris today Saturday early afternoon finally warmed a little and it is very noisy out there with boats everywhere haha may take a video tomorrow hugs

      Delete

I always enjoy your visits and reading your comments and I do reply back to your comments as well
Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit