Friday, May 14, 2021

Cast Iron Saturdays-- Breakfast in Cast Iron & Cowboy Coffee

  Hi everyone,

     Another week to share recipes using cast iron with you. 

and of course you are most welcome to share your own post including a recipe using cast iron cookware or bakeware in comments.

  I thought I would look around the web for interesting recipes using cast iron for breakfast dishes. Any of these recipes can be used indoors on your stove or oven, or made outdoors with coals

  My square cast iron skillet that I use for brownies, is also perfect to fry up bacon. I did that a few mornings ago. I found this bacon at our nearby local grocery store-made the way bacon was years ago. 




From Lodge I found: 

Frittata Wedges with Roasted Red Pepper, Spinach, and Ricotta-these sound delicious and am saving this recipe for later.





Mountain Man Breakfast



These sound a little different and look delicious too-Gingerbread Cinnamon Rolls



  And from Townsend and Son-- Delicious Cornmeal Pancakes from the 18th century  and also 18th century Milk Pancakes


  I enjoy a good cup of coffee with breakfast, so I thought I would search out cowboy coffees. There are allot of fun videos out there but I settled on this one:

Cowboy coffee with cowboy Kent Rollins  information, tips and video, we even have a couple of these kettles around too, he is using Folgers here-the only store bought one I will buy, but I do search out more small batch quality coffees.




Hope you all enjoy using cast iron for cooking and baking.



(photo found online)

22 comments:

  1. Such a fun post! Makes me want to go out and buy that pan with all the sections in it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. these wedge pans are fun to use-Lodge has nice ones and if you have resale shops garage sales etc sometimes you can find them there too-just don't buy china made as those never season up right

      Delete
  2. Cast iron is too heavy for me, I can't pick it up. But your recipes all look so good, I'm drroling! Have a great day, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree some of the pieces are getting heavy for me too-I use two hands for some of them allot of these you can bake up in other pans Happy weekend

      Delete
  3. Kathy everything you selected to share sounds yummy. Especially love the bacon photo...makes me hungry for the old fashioned kind. Have a great weekend. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like Valerie, I had to give up all my cast iron. In fact, that's how I learned at age 19 I had a birth defect very similar to what we call arthritis.

    Although I am a vegetarian, you could really tempt me with that bacon! Everything looks good and I really, really, really am hungry now. As if the pie didn't do it before, this post put me over the top hunger wise. Sadly, I'm on the way out the door to buy potting soil and herbs I killed over the winter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes cast iron can be heavy
      this is really good bacon, I don't make it allot. the pie was sooo good-happy herbs shopping

      Delete
  5. Thank you for the links! The enticing photos are gorgeous inspriation.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Frittata sounds yum and such a cute last pic! Waffles will be on next week (hearty ones).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that one did sound really good. last pic is a vintage waffle iron. Larry loves belgium waffles and I have an electric waffle press I should surprise him one day with those

      Delete
  7. All that food looks so tasty Kathy. After my breakfast drink, it is making me hungry. I love uncured bacon also and try to buy it when I can. That thin bacon in the packages really just doesn't cut it. My brother-in-law the chef makes his own from pork belly. Now that is delicious. If only he would send a regular supply our way. Smile. Have a wonderful weekend Kathy. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh wow homemade bacon would be the best ever. years ago when I was watching Alton Brown's shows on food network he did an episode on making bacon-I never did get around to trying to do that.
      Happy weekend hugs

      Delete
  8. Wow, you've been cooking a lot of delicious things! (And now I'm hungry.)

    (Note: I'm very far behind on visiting everyone's blogs, so I'm doing a quick pass through, and will try to catch up later.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. no worries thanks for dropping by. I didn't make all these-yet haha I started sharing recipes with cast iron

      Delete
  9. Groan! It all looks so delicious! I am so fed up of this bland diet I am on. Do wish the hospital would hurry up with the date for the test I have to go in for! I need answers...sigh. I will be posting to you tomorrow :-) Take care Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. so sorry about that-I am always thankful that so far here in the states we can get into a doctor in a very timely manner.

      Delete
  10. I love reading about your cast iron cooking. We have found somewhere with traditionally cured bacon too, much tastier! Hugs, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Chris-I only buy this kind of bacon now-better flavor and none of those preservatives

      Delete

I always enjoy your visits and reading your comments and I do reply back to your comments as well
Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit