Monday, May 10, 2021

A Cool May So Far & This and That

     Happy Monday Friends,

       We had lovely weather this past Saturday with many boats of all types on the lake, and there were lots of restaurants,sports bars etc opening up on the lake as well.         

     Saturday evening though we had a very rough storm with 65 mile an hour winds at times-woke me up, kinda scary sounding in the night. Sunday the storm had passed but we were left with a cold and dreary day. Feels more like April so far instead of May.

   Today-Monday-still very chilly but we do have a little sunshine peaking through. A couple years ago when we first bought our lake house we signed up for sewer installation. A crew did part of the work last spring, and last week a different crew started on the next phase. Since this is mostly solid rock they are boring instead of digging. The equipment was parked up on top in front of our home and mailbox for 3 days. I expected them back to work today but perhaps too wet and cold?  If we signed up for this project the work was all free, but once hooked up we will have a monthly bill. In the end this will be better for the lake as allot of tanks in the ground have been installed years ago and many are beginning to leak-so for the land and especially the lake this will be a good improvement.

  Over the weekend I was determined to get my kitchen towels project threaded. Sunday I worked off and on all day and when I got near the end I realized I was 4 threads short-yikes. lol  The total was 408 threads so I wasn't too far off. (smiles) I just needed to warp up 4 more threads and add them in.  I kept my goal and got that finished up, so this morning I am working on tying on to the back-and then will wind on the warp to the back beam, tie on to the front and weave.  The threading and tying on is all done standing and bent over so I needed to take lots of breaks and stretches-my body is not used to much exercise so a wake up call for me to get back to walking again.

                                             The 4 new threads


                             Tying on to the back-this is completed now


The front view-I added this raddle to the front of the loom to help keep all that warp (5 feet) from tangling as I wind it on to the back


                                                     Another front view



  I did make us pizzas, my gluten free crust-ah so so but it was at least edible.


                                                         Wheat crust


Gluten free crust



  Any of you watch Hallmark's long running series When Calls the Heart? 
       This was the 8th year and they will have a 9th next year.  I enjoyed the ending very much, this turned out to be a love triangle and I was rooting for the one she chose, plus they added in several new characters, enhanced a few other characters.  I thought the show was really lacking this season but they redeemed themselves in my opinion with better acting last night I think the writers were too caught up with the love triangle and perhaps covid restrictions have eased as well for these actors.

  Happy new week everyone




(image found online)


5:30 pm weaving update-I ended up working on getting the warp wound on to the back of the loom all day today-this turned into quite a job, thinking these finer yarns got tangled more than others-I am finally done with that process and just needs to get tied on to the front of the loom-and then I can weave.  My back is screaming so will wait til tomorrow morning to finish up  so glad this is wound on now.

9 comments:

  1. I have always loved in places with sewers, must be complicated without.Your weaving looks most interesting. Good luck with your kitchen towels! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. we have mostly lived rural so we always had our own septic, here in Missouri rural areas it set up different and goes into a holding pond-surprisingly never an odor. here at the lake there is a tank in the ground and every few years you have to call a special boat and they pump it out. this new set up will be much nicer-a first for us haha

      Delete
  2. You have wind like I do. 65mph on our coast is nothing. today we are at 28mph. Love how the loom is coming along.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Night winds are scary, aren't they? We've had a cool May too. In fact March was warmer, which is so unusual. Your loom work looks like it is coming along, and that pizza looks delicious. I bet it tasted good too. Hope the weather warms up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they are, and I have never been comfortable with wind-makes me nervous. I think our March was warmer too.
      I worked all day on the loom and it is ready to weave tomorrow after I change up the pattern in the pedals. we are to be cool most of this week I think happy new week

      Delete
  4. I feel overwhelmed just following along all thatyour loom requires of you. Be good to yourself tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. depending how sore I am tomorrow will probably take the day off from the loom after I set up the pattern in the pedals

      Delete
  5. I have been a bit distracted these last few days and have been slow to comment on posts. I am back though:-) It will be so good when they finally finish you connection to the mains. My sister-in-law's villa had a septic tank and it was most unpleasant they had to constantly be careful flushing and disposing of faecal waste. It got to be really smelly. A couple of years ago they finally connected all the villas in that area to the mains. What a difference! Talking about winds it is really blustery here over these last two days. What strange spring weather we are having! It sounds to me as if you are over doing it with your back. Perhaps back exercises would help other than rest as well. Take care Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  6. My goodness, that pizza looks stunning! I will have pizza today!
    I thought of you at the thrift store when I saw a small about 2 foot square frame loom of some sort. I did consider buying it, but decided my brain needs to finish the projects I have going before I add more confusion.

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your visits and reading your comments and I do reply back to your comments as well
Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit