Monday, May 6, 2019

T Stands for Tuesday

  Hi everyone,
     Today is a very pretty day with the sun shining all day so far-and the weather people said rain-glad they were wrong.😉

  Tuesdays is when we gather together with friends and share a drink related post-we must show a photo of a beverage within our blog post.
    You are most welcome to join us over at our hostess Bleubeard and Elizabeth-find the link in my right hand column

Packing Unpacking and more Packing.

    Beginning to see towards the end-finally. Well sorta haha
We are both collectors of books and our interests. Still so much to do-but we continue.
  I don't think we are normal people as we both have allot of personal treasures and interests.
I chose to stay home today instead of going up with the guys to the lake house to continue packing today.
    I have some walls painting I can do now-but my allergies are over the top this season, and with the guys working on cleaning the basement which we are finding out is full of mold-I don't need to be in that air again.

   My lake house craft room will be crammed packed full-but I just can not get rid of things I may want to use again. I am a fiber artist-crafter that loves to bounce around in different venues and mediums-I would be too bored otherwise.
  These last few days I have been going through that huge vintage green trunk that is full of leather cut offs and whole pieces-we bought the leathers years ago mostly up in Wisconsin at a mountain man gathering at a local historical tannery.
    I have some weaving and other projects in mind for some of the leather. At the time we wanted to get back into the rendezvous and making our clothes for our personas.-time just gets away doesn't it??

 Here is a photo of what I did a few years ago-cut strips of scraps and notched them together to weave with-was thinking of a vest or maybe placemats we'll see how this weaves up




I have been back to reading more in the evenings-find it more relaxing and entertaining than poor tv choices haha

I had picked up the first 5 Little House on the Prairie by Ingalls books for my ereader at .99 each-so I grabbed them-and just finished-really enjoyed them. This is a true story by the author and was a popular tv series in the past. There are 8  books total but these were the only ones on sale the others for me are too pricey for an ebook.

A few weeks ago I was scanning through the tv channels and ran into a series based on books by Deborah Harkness about the Discovery of Witches. Have you seen it?? If you enjoyed Twilight you would probably like this too. I really love the actors and the story so far.

  The tv show is over loaded with commercials so I have been recording it so I can buzz through those. It is on amc and bbc Before it was on other venues for streaming.
   I decided to check out the books and Wow these must be very popular as they are very expensive just like the Outlander books are.
   So I hunted online to find prices I could afford. The 3 book paperback set is going from $35.00 up to $50.00 and more-that's crazy to me for paperbacks. So I hunted down used hardcover copies and ended up with very affordable prices for all of them and free shipping. 
   The first book came today in my mailbox so am anxious to start reading.

  You will also see my beverage reference for today-chicory-dandelion. I have been brewing up a whole "coffee" pot full these days.



I was really pleased with this first book-like new except for no paper jacket cover. Which is ok by me.

  I have been really watching what I eat this last month-more so than before. when we go out to eat when working at the lake house I have been getting different salads-no french fries-and it is finally starting to pay off-I have lost my first 5 pounds that are staying off this time. It's a start but am excited-finally! My goal is to lose the first 10 pounds and then 10 more.


  What are you reading these days??

Happy T everyone

32 comments:

  1. Good luck with losing some weight! Some books are really very expensive, that's unfortunately true! Enjoy your coffee, happy T day, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Moving is hard! I'm glad you're able to keep so much. The leather for weaving sounds like an interesting project, and I look forward to the time when you get everything set up in your new place :)

    I googled Discovery of Witches, and I like my vampires to be the darker less sparkly type ;) I did love Buffy and Angel back in the day. I haven't read the Little House books in decades but remember enjoying them.

    Right now I'm reading The Scar by China Mieville. It's an award-winning weird fantasy novel by an author I love. Happy T Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your weight loss! That is exactly what I need to do! I get on reading binges, but then don't craft much when I am doing that! There just isn't enough time to walk miles, read, and then craft too! Happy T Day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We got some sunshine, too, today. After all the rain this past month, it really improves the mood. My problem is too many supplies and not enough room to store them :-D I never cared for the Little House books though I enjoyed the TV series. Sadly, we don't get the Hallmark channel any more. I always enjoyed their Hallmark Hall of Fame presentations. Have you tried getting a library card from the local library? You can download e-books and movies for free. If your local library doesn't have the book available, they usually belong to a group of libraries so you can get the book from one of the other libraries. The ebooks work on lots of different formats, too.I did enjoy the Twilight series books as well as the movies. May have to check out the Witches book. And congratulations on your weight loss! Happy T Day

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks-I live so rural that libraries don't usually work out-when we move I will check to see if there is a local library or not-and check into the ebooks

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm with you on more reading rather than watching so much TV. It is surprising isn't it though at just how much some older books command in price! Good luck with your continued healthy eating choices and weight loss. Happy T day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The All souls trilogy/Discovery of witches is one of my favorite book series and I have read all 3 books two times each. I think you will enjoy them, even more the the tv series. And I think I am not normal like you as I have so many things-books and craft supplies and baking supplies. But those are what I love and like you, I like to do different things not always the same. I have thought about everything I would have to sort if I should ever move. Hope it is a fantastic T day and that you see the light at the end of the moving tunnel soon. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad to know someone that read these books-I read the Twilight series at least 5 or 6 times and loved it every time-so I am looking forward to these books.
      Yep I have loads of baking items too-I love vintage kitchen items-and I am Not leaving my cast iron collection behind that is for sure ha ha I may have a few duplicates I may part with it.
      This move has been quite stressful for me. my craft room is really going to be packed-but I am bringing most all of it I just want it right now
      hugs Kathy

      Delete
  8. I haven't read the Little House books, but I did watch the series way back on the TV and enjoyed them. I always read books in the evening and find it a good way to wind the day down.
    I wouldn't know where to begin to downsize my craft stuff. I try , but its easier to sort out the clothing cupboards than the craft stash.
    If we were to move [not that we would] I think my first thoughts would be for a larger room for my stuff.
    Your leather weaving sounds like an interesting project. I think you must be wishing for the day to arrive when you can finally move into your new home.
    Happy T day wishes Kathy
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I for sure need a larger room for my craft stuff-haha but it just didn't happen-I will make it work. yes I will be glad when we are all moved in for sure. hugs

      Delete
  9. i often read crime fiction, alternating with historic novels.
    congrats to losing weight, you go girl! happy t-day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really love the historical romance stories and some of the time travel books-I don't read allot of crime fiction but the last one I did I really enjoyed

      Delete
  10. My sincere apologies. I'm leaving this message for everyone. I had to take my friend Sally to the emergency room Monday afternoon. I stayed with her until the ER doctors ran several tests, then admitted her to the hospital. When I got home, I found my basement was flooded from the many rounds of rain we are having. I'm still getting water out because I have no sump pump. I'll be back by to share T just as soon as I have the water under control, because I don't want mold to set in. For those of you who may not know, Twin Peaks is a sports bar that specializes in busty young, scantily clad female servers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh no so sorry Elizabeth hoping Sally will be doing better soon

      Delete
  11. Books I recently finished are The Nature Fix, Becoming and the Invention of Nature. All good and easy to read. I'm definitely more into reading than actually crafting at the moment. Good luck with all the packing and unpacking.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The Witch TV show and books sound interesting. I always found that stuff fascinating. Good luck with your weight loss plan. Happy T-Day!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds like you've been busy again and it's so good that you are getting things packed to move to your Lake House! I was interested to see the leather weaving and how it can be made into clothing, I've never heard of it before 😀. Great that you are feeling excited about your weight loss loo, well done you! Happy T Day! J 😊 x

    ReplyDelete
  14. I can relate about bouncing around from medium to medium when it comes to crafting. I am the exact same way. I always create in spurts.
    Books can be very expensive so I never buy them anymore unless I have read them first and I know that it is something that I would want to re-read. I usually get books from the library either paperback, e-book or audiobook. I also buy books at Goodwill or the library sales where they are no more than 50 cents to $1. I will have to check out these books that you recommended. It has been a very long time since I read the Little House on the Prairie books.Maybe I will have to dig them out again.
    Happy Tea Day,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I almost bought the little house on the prairie book set as they were cheaper than the ebooks but was hoping for a sale on the rest of them
      we have always lived so rural that libraries don't work out for us. the libraries are always 30 minutes to an hour drive away and then you can only keep them for 2 weeks once moved I will check into how the ebooks work with the library-that would be nice

      Delete
  15. Congrats on the weight loss! Well done Kathy! The leather looks interesting - wow!
    I am in spiritual books just now and can't stop with them.

    Happy T-Day dear Kathy!
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Downsizing the things you love is very hard, Kathy. But it sounds like you're making good progress. I agree - keep the things you really want/expect to use. You'll find space for them.

    The mold is in the lake house, right? I hope you can get rid of it without spending a lot. If you can get at it, bleach and then diluted tea tree oil sprayed regularly do the trick for us. It's a battle here because of our long rainy season and the cement structures that soak up moisture.

    I'm reading three books right now: a Harry Bosch novel "Dark Echo" (good); "Life with Picasso" by Francois Gillot (excellent!); and "Simple Abundance" (okay - a friend wants me to read it ;-)

    Happy T-day! Eileen xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. We brought a whole load of books with us when we moved - we then weeded them out to the ones that thought we really would read or reread and the ones we were hanging on to that we though we might!! Some we have read now and passed on and I think we are ready for another sort through! I suppose craft supplies are like that too - you never know what will come in useful! Well done on the weight loss - I am keeping the weight I lost off and still hope to lose more! Happy T day! Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  18. thanks-there is no drain in the basement-the house is set on shelf rock-we are using bleach as they work at getting the bleach water out along with the soil and small rocks that came in with the water-there is a door that leads to the outside-I had not though of tea tree oil-that is great suggestion-thanks
    will check out your books-thanks

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm sorry to hear your allergies and the mold are bothering you. It's that time of year though isn't it.
    Congratulations on your weight loss. Sometimes little changes will make a lot of difference and at the same time your taste buds change too.
    The final move is getting closer and closer. Very exciting!
    I'm reading The Traveling Cat Chronicles by Hiro arikawa. A delightful Japanese book written from the point of view of a cat called Nana, who travels with his owner in his little van.
    The leather looks really interesting. I hope you won't get rid of that. But I'm intrigued now and want to know what becomes of it later.
    Happy belated T-Day,
    Lisca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Lisca, yes I am keeping most all of the leather-the big trunk will be over flowing but that's ok-cost wise it is all irreplaceable as it is all usa leather not from China.
      yes that time of year-the allergies have been allot worse this year do to the weather too
      Your book suggestion sounds good thank you-writing it down hugs

      Delete
  20. You and I are in the same boat, ERRR basement, dear Kathy. I am so sorry to read about your allergies. That's why I'm working so hard to get the water out. I read Eileen's suggestion, because my basement has concrete walls, too. I must find some tea tree oil. Right now I'm between storms, but more are on the way in about a couple of hours, so I'm trying to get to everyone before then.

    Your leather looks great. I couldn't give that up, either. Some of mine got wet. They were supposed to be badges, but I didn't remove the yarn that was attached and some of the yarn bled onto some of the leather. I didn't realize how easy it was to "dye" leather.

    Sorry I'm late visiting. I always love your Yellowstone mug no matter what you put in it. It's a beauty. BTW, I have never heard of the books you are reading, but I have heard of Little House on the Prairie. Sadly, that's not the type of reading I prefer. Give me a good mystery any day, thank you.

    Thanks for sharing your moving update, your basement problems which I can truly relate to, your book choices, and your chicory with us for T this week, dear.


    ReplyDelete
  21. Well done on your weight loss.
    I always enjoy eating salads and there is so much variety.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your visits and reading your comments and I do reply back to your comments as well
Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit