Friday, May 24, 2019

Saturday Afternoon at the Movies

Happy Weekend everyone,

   Since we have had so many tornadoes here in Missouri along with all the flooding this month, it reminded me of an old movie I rewatch if I see it on the tv

Twister




This was a so so movie, a little "dorky" in spots but I loved some of the actors, and found it interesting how they were learning how to track the tornadoes they were spotting For the times allot of special effects.

The trailer:





This is a 1996 film, find information here  and more about the film here too
     Below copied from one of the links:

Bill Paxton, Helen Hunt and Carey Elwes may be billed as the stars of Twister, but the film's real attractions are the cyclones themselves. Best experienced in a theater, the nail-biting, blow-the-audience-out-of-their-seats computer generated graphics, cutting edge sound and other special effects are designed to take viewers straight into the roaring funnel of a gigantic tornado. In order to focus on special effects and action, the story is simple and the characters are drawn in broad strokes with little depth. Jo Harding (Hunt) became a storm chaser (a meteorologist who photographs and scientifically studies 


  Happy Saturday and weekend-stop by CJ for her movie pick and also Elizabeth some times posts a movie too.

7 comments:

  1. YES! I have actually seen this one. Not in a theater, but on television. I actually enjoyed it, even though it hits close to home. This was one I would gladly watch with you. It's ironic that we both chose films with Bill Paxton in them this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. An exciting choice or maybe because in my area tornadoes are rare. I did like the storm chasers driving through the storm. Cow, cow...I hope your fierce weather has cleared. Enjoy the day

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the worse is over hope so-we do have more rain coming in though

      Delete
  3. I haven't seen this one. We've had tornadoes here, and it's a scary experience.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed watching this film. Sometimes films don't have to be great to enjoy them. And I have seen photos of the damage on the news. Scary and sad. Hope things have settled down and you have a good weekend. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've not seen this film.
    I do hope your weather improves very soon.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your visits and reading your comments and I do reply back to your comments as well
Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit