Thursday, May 9, 2019

More Information on Cardboard Weaving

  After reading your comments, and searching for my post yesterday-I decided if I were to make a simple loom I think for me a piece of cardboard is the way to go.
  No nails, no figuring out what frame etc. So I decided to search online for more information. Elizabeth mentioned on how to finish off your piece once taken off your loom.

  This is a really nice link with photos and good tutorial for the whole process and how to finish off the top and bottom of your piece after you take it off your cardboard or frame loom

  I found this link where she has links to lots of her weaving how to posts and her cardboard loom information here

and this one has lots of photos for inspiration with the simple cardboard loom and the frame loom
   you could do this project below on cardboard too

  These simple looms are great for adding organic materials-sticks, dried flowers or anything you can weave in

Weaving workshop: hallmark artist weaves colorful fiber art piece on small loom


Can you tell I need to get moved so I can create again?? lol

9 comments:

  1. Very good instructions, lots of photos. Yes, I can tell! I know the feeling of a forced vacation from creating. Life gets in the way sometimes, it’s not fun. Get moved, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes i can tell!! You can't keep a creative person down for long.. Hang in there!!! Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have flat wooden frames made by a local crochet designer and her husband who is a woodworker. In fact when they designed them, I was the first to try one out so that I could give feedback and help with editing the instructions. I've also done cardboard weaving with kids at different garden events. Always fun! My problem is I never remember how to do stitches even after I learn them so it's like learning over again every time I weave. Lately I've not been creating very much. Been more into reading as I have a ton a books that I would really like to get through and pass along. Have fun whatever you do!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your move will soon be over, and then you can get going again and have fun! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice! I'm bookmarking that link as well :) Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super posts about this type of weaving loom. I can tell you are wanting to get onto creating again.
    Have a good weekend.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. So interesting! I like the different yarns that you can use to add different textures to the weaving - beautiful 😁. Thanks for sharing and happy weekend! J 😊 x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am grateful for this post, since I plan to use fabric in my loom. Thanks and I have also bookmarked the Weaver's site, too. Lots of info I hope to absorb once my basement dries out.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yup, I can tell. And I get it too. How soon until moving day? I have a small handloom that I got as a kid one Christmas. It was a decent one. I should try to find it in the depths of my basement and give it a try again. Happy Saturday Kathy. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your visits and reading your comments and I do reply back to your comments as well
Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit