Friday, May 24, 2019

Smiles at the Lake

We worked most of the day yesterday-got allot accomplished which is good. A few more days of work and the projects that we want done should be completed.

You probably saw it on the news Missouri was hit hard with tornadoes and way too much rain. More rain on the way. Most all of the state's camp grounds and parks are flooded. The farmer's corn crop is gone
    Last night on the news they said we passed a record total of rainfall that held since the late 1800's  (One of the reasons I don't believe in climate change as the earth goes through cycles over the years).

I have been urging Hubs to take a break and go fishing-so he has been doing that. The fishing is good right now with all the rain we have been having. The water level on the lake is almost full now. 

While the guys were fishing I grabbed my spinning-loving that spot on the lower deck.


This family had me smiling


This is one of the young men that has been helping us Hubs was on the other side of the dock-we had fun watching these little ones


Happy Friday

9 comments:

  1. I'm so happy your happy Kathy and glad you came thru the storms okay.. I do believe in climate change but i don't believe everything they want to attribute to climate change is climate change some of it is just a natural earth cycle... does that make sense...lol just reread that and i think it says what i want to say....lol too early haven't had my first cup of coffee... Lovely to think of you sitting by the lake enjoying your spinning.. Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopefully, the weather has calmed down. It must be so nice to sit outside and spin or craft while watching the world go by.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you're getting your tasks completed. I did see that on the news, and thought of you, hoping you were okay. I hope you get nice weather for the Memorial Day Weekend. Wonderful lake photos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you had time for a break. The Canadian geese and their young are always so pretty, love watching them here on the Rhine, too. Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks like y'all have found the perfect spot :) I won't argue with you about climate change ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was worried about you last night, because I knew you were under the same storm system we have. I dodged the tornadoes, but not the water in the basement. Like your state, our campgrounds are mostly under water and the roads into them are impassible, too. It's sure a mess here and where you are, too, I'm sure. STAY SAFE and dry, please.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad to know you are safe. But on climate change, the fact that we have billions more people on the planet than ever, and that pollution is increasing faster than ever has to have an effect on our climate. It cannot be just 'a cycle' as those were thousands of years, and now it is less than a hundred to see changes in our average temperatures. The last four years have been the warmest ever. We have to make some changes in our way of doing things.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can easily comment on the good stuff like lake living, Canada geese families we used to also watch on the NJ bay, drop-spindle spinning (I miss being able to do it), and you missing the non-stop severe weather. Thank goodness! About the climate change debate, I agree with Carole above. Our environment is fragile! I pray our grandchildren will not have to deal with the short-sightedness of previous generations. If the ice caps melting and the seasons becoming more severe everywhere don’t convince people, I don’t know what will.

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your visits and reading your comments and I do reply back to your comments as well
Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit