Monday, May 27, 2019

T Stands for Tuesday & at the Lake House

I am posting early for T day, as our hostess will be gone for Tuesday-so she's posted early, and I will be working at the lake house.
    We are driving up most every day now trying to get things finished and smaller items moved since it is still raining off and on here with more rain coming in-we have really had enough rain this month.

You are most welcome to join us at T Stands for Tuesday, just share a photo of your beverage and stop by our hostess Bleubeard and Elizabeth-find link in my right hand column.

I have a few more photos at the lake. (photos will all enlarge-just click on them)
    Friday we drove up to work with our two helpers and our friends came up too and we all stayed later than we normally do. The guys were all fishing in the afternoon, and my friend and I just chatted at the outside table and watched all the boats go by. 
  I have no experience or any clue as to what it's like to live on the lake.
    Friday was definately opening day for boating at Lake in the Ozarks. I never knew there were so many different types of boats. Cruisers, speed boats, those fast boats that the younger generation uses-pretty wild and crazy haha. We all had fun watching everybody on the lake.
   Saturday was busy too as was Sunday, but today (Monday) we had morning thunder showers so the boats came off the lake and many packed up and left. This area of the lake seems to serve many driving from the Kansas City Mo area.





This friend, one of our work helpers, was always showing with his hands that he had a huge fish lol


Catfish caught



The guys ended up getting a big stringer of fish-catfish, bass, and more. Our friend took them all home and we had fried fish dinner with homemade fries and sides on Sunday for all of us.

Today we mostly brought up some of my grilling items, rod iron table and chairs to restore for the deck, an electric smoker, a few garden tools,a huge copper pot that Hub's uncle years and years ago had drilled lots of holes into for drainage for flowers-since this gorgeous pot is destroyed now I will do the same.
    I also brought my three potted plants of lavender, oregano, and strawberry plant.  I watched the sun and realized why the previous owner had hostas on that ledge-very little sun-so my lavender especially will need to be moved as it needs full sun. I am thinking I will plant some of my mints up there as they don't need sun all day long. A friend gave me that dragonfly waterer for a gift. I have never hooked a hose to it but I love it.


These next few photos are right outside the door between the steps going down to the house. I took these photos while it was raining. I brought down these two large leaves that I had picked up at a garage sale years ago-perfect for holding water for the birds and butterflies. I placed a brick to keep the leaves from blowing away-but I need to find something not so high for the butterflies.
   Does anyone recognize what this plant is-does it have flowers? it came up on both sides



I love our new brick walkway


I also brought down this hummingbird on a pole with hook. I usually place a hummingbird feeder here but for now I hung my windchime-with a hummingbird lol I pounded this piece into the ground-ran into rock a couple times finally found a good spot.
     We discovered these pretty lilies in the iris flower bed.


For my drink reference I am sharing a photo of Hub's hard root beer. I found this at the Aldi store and wish I could try it as everyone says it is soooo good, but it has gluten in it as it is beer based but tastes like root beer.



Happy T Day!!

20 comments:

  1. What beautiful views of the lake. Looks like the perfect way to spend a holiday. Fresh fish sounds delicious!
    Happy Tea Day,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  2. Life is always good at the lake. :)
    Happy T day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love the flowers that came up at the Lake House. Memorial Day weekend is the big start of summer boating in my area too. I bet you had fun watching the boats. There are so many kinds,isn't there? My husband is really good at recognizing not only kinds but also people we know boats. Sounds like the move is going well. Happy T day Kathy. hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun and relaxing to sit and watch the boats go by. The flowers and views of your property are wonderful.I enjoy seeing how you are making the lake house yours. Happy T Day

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fried fish would be one of the best parts about living on a lake like that. I think I could really enjoy the lake-side life. Peaceful :) I'm not a fan of hostas, but they're perfect in shadier spots. I hope the mint does as well :) I love lilies of all kinds and actually prefer them to irises even though the iris is our state flower. The brick walk looks great! It's fun to see you making the move and settling in. Happy T Day

    ReplyDelete
  6. Living on the lake looks like fun, I think I would be watching the ships all day. I love watching all the happening here on the Rhine. Glad you caught enough fish to enjoy for supper, must have tasted great. Don't work too hard with the move! Happy T Day, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  7. the weather here is not yet apt for boating... but nice to see your pics! happy t-day:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. A quickie today, since I spent a lot of time reading this post (grin). I think your plant may be called Live Forever. Unfortunately, mine didn't.

    I bet the Lake will take some adjusting to in the summer. Wait for the loud parties to start. I hope it's not a loud lake.

    I don't drink, but that beer sounds decent. Too bad you can't enjoy it, too. Hope your weekend was great and you had a good Memorial Day. Thanks for sharing your hubby's beer with us for T this Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kathy i'm so happy your happy with all the activity on the lake... i would be miserable.. good to know that about yourself i guess...I think you have to have your attitude if your going to live on a busy lake.. We would never eat any fish out of any lake.. We practice catch and release.. I don't think there is any water these days clean enough to eat the fish out of.. i wish i knew what your plant was.. is it a succulent.. ? Its a little hard to tell.. :) So glad you are so happy. Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
  10. How wonderful to be by the water to enjoy all the boating and fishing and such. Glad you were able to enjoy before the stormy weather came. It's all looking so lush and green at your place. Happy T day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great update, Kathy. I'm in love with your lake house ;-) It'll be so nice for you both when you're completely moved and you can relax and enjoy! I got a kick out of the "big" fish photo.

    Happy T-day! Eileen xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your lake house looks amazing and I'm pleased to see that you are settling in so well! I love all the personal touches you added especially the dragonfly waterer, so pretty 😊. Your fish dinner must have been delicious and I wouldn't mind trying that root beer. Cheers and Happy T Day! Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  13. A super post Kathy, I am catching up after being away from home.
    The photos all looked lovely, there will be so much for you to see on the lake during the summer.
    The leaf water containers look lovely and its good that you are getting your things moved to the new house. The brick walk way looks super as well.
    Happy T day wishes Kathy.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful lake photos. When my folks lived on Beaver lake in Arkansas, it was busy like that on holidays like Memorial Day. Lots of boats, and jet skis, and skiers. Sounds fun, I haven't been to the lake in years, as mom and dad are both gone. Happy T Day!

    ReplyDelete
  15. We once lived and boated on a lake, you have much to enjoy doing. Your house is looking great, especially love your brick walk!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great photos. It looks like fun was had at the lake house this past weekend. I liked that boat with the pirate on the side best. Your gardens look lovely. The brick walkway looks great. Happy T-Day!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh that view is great! How lovely to just sit and chat and watch the boats go by. I'm sure you are going to enjoy living there.
    Love your brick walkway.
    Happy (belated) T-Day,
    Hugs,
    Lisca

    ReplyDelete
  18. First time visiting here! Lucky you! I love lake's and we have one just up the street from us,but sadly never get to go out on it. One of these days! Looks like you had a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  19. These photographs are gorgeous Kathy !! thanks so much for sharing them with us. The lake looks so pretty, with activity now. And I love the flowers you have got in your garden, they are lovely. Very happy T-day (sorry I´m late visiting)
    I wish you a very nice friday,
    Big hugs, Caty

    ReplyDelete
  20. Had to laugh at your comment on jury duty. Just don't register to vote in the new county where you are moving and you'll be safe (grin, although sad but true).

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your visits and reading your comments and I do reply back to your comments as well
Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit