Saturday, May 11, 2019

Saturday Afternoon at the Movies

Rain Rain and more Rain for allot of us continues today.

    Thinking of a movie to share-Singin in the Rain popped in my head-it is an old film 1952 but one I have watched in the past several times.
    I always enjoyed musical movies-I grew up with them as my Mom loved them.

Gene Kelly, Debbie Reynolds and Donald O'Connor star in Singin' in the Rain, one of the greatest and most successful musicals ever filmed - filled with memorable songs, lavish routines and Kelly's fabulous song-and-dance number performed in the rain. Set during the advent of "talkies," Don Lockwood has risen to stardom during Hollywood's silent-movie era - paired with the beautiful, jealous and dumb Lina Lamont. And when Lockwood becomes attracted to young studio singer Kathy Selden, Lamont has her fired. But with the introduction of talking pictures, Lockwood finds his career in jeopardy after audiences laugh when they hear Lamont speak in her shrill voice for the first time... until the studio decides to use Selden to dub her voice.

   quote from here 





Image result for movie singing in the rain movie photos



Stop by CJ and Elizabeth too for a movie pick

6 comments:

  1. I'm not a fan of musicals though I like the dancing. The choreography is very clever and the title tune makes a happy ear worm for a sunny Saturday

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this RAIN! I'm ready for it to be gone! This is such a fun movie :) Gene Kelly is one of my favorites. He's a genius :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I lllllove musicals, Kate. And "Singing in the Rain" is one of the best! Hugs, sweetie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now that song is rolling around in my head. Right now I am not singing in the rain but I think I might be tomorrow at this time, unless the forecast has changed. Enjoy the rest of your weekend. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  5. SO sorry I'm late visiting. I was NOT singing in the rain on Saturday, but baling rain (grin). I have actually SEEN this movie. I saw it on TCM and loved it. I think my Grandmother would have loved it, too. I also remember loving the long camera shots and Kelly's song in the rain. That was a fabulous pick, dear.

    I thought you might want to know, the water is finally out of my basement, but the walls are still damp. I have bleached everything, and don't seem to have any mold. With a day full of sunshine and no rain, I was able to get things in pretty decent order. Just waiting for the next round tomorrow (Tuesday).

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your visits and reading your comments and I do reply back to your comments as well
Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit