Sunday, March 31, 2019

T Stands for Tuesday & Painting At the Lake House

    Tuesdays is where we share T with friends and post a photo with our beverage. You are most welcome to join us, just click on the link in my right hand column to take you to our hostess Bleubeard and Elizabeth.

  I am posting early this week (Sunday afternoon) as Monday Larry has an eco cardiogram test at the local hospital near us, and early Tuesday morning we have to drive back to Springfield, Mo to get the 24 hour monitor-to see what his heart is doing. Thankfully we can mail that back to them.
   Then Wednesday and/or Thursday we will be working at the lake house again-hopefully the guys can finish up with the pavers. Wednesday sounds like the perfect day-back into the 70's

  This weekend was like winter again-in the 20's and very very cold during the day. Today (Sunday) the sun has been shining but the air was still very cold til late afternoon. We will be warming back up each day this coming week. I really hope this is the last of the very cold-it has really set us behind with the lake house outside project all winter.

  My daffodils started blooming last week so I cut a bouquet to enjoy in the house-and also because I wasn't sure if those 20's would stop the blooms.
   I am thinking of digging up a few of these bulbs to plant at the lake house-they all are from my Mom's and Grandma's gardens.
  I have not seen any wild violets around the lake house-so I want to dig up some from our woods and plant them there-I really love them



As you can see I have a fall tablecloth on the table-haha  I keep a flannel backed table cloth on our cherry wood table and then put a fabric one on top-I took that one off and washed it-will wait til we move now to change it.

Larry and I went up both Saturday and Sunday (today) to work at the lake house. I started painting doors and trim that is on the one end of the house. I decided to go a little bold-instead of matching in a darker grey I decided to go with this rustic oak color. I was a bit nervous-but I am loving it-Hubs even likes it.
    These are really cheap doors that have been painted over who knows how many times now-I would love to change these over to solid oak doors some day-or maybe not since I just discovered the one door is 36 inches wide, two are 34 inches wide, and the others are smaller. Kinda odd I thought.

This is the closet


closet again on the right


This will be Larry's extra room-see how wide it is? actually it should work out well as a big safe will go in his room

I got this second door finished and the trim around it.

What do you think of the color against the light grey?? My idea was for it to pick up colors from the oak floors.


While I was hauling in more boxes Hubs was finishing up with the pantry-cabinet-I am going to love having this in the kitchen-this has been a ton of work for him to straighten out and repair.
    Lots of shelves go inside. I need to stain that right side of the cabinet


and here is the area behind this cabinet and refrigerator that was a real mess-Larry added this wood and I stained it Not allot of it will show once everything is in place.


This is everything that I moved in over the weekend-that was allot of up and down those stairs-great exercise for sure lol  Allot of these items will hopefully go into the kitchen cabinets-just trying to unpack and reuse some of the boxes.
  There is also a large closet across from these shelves where I put my 2 pressure canners, water bath canners, a couple other very huge pots, and my two butter churns-a vintage one and an electric one we bought from Sears over 35 years ago so that's probably vintage too lol


When he was waiting for me to finish up with the door before we left, he sat in front of the windows and watched the boats go by, a duck diving for food-that was fun, and he noticed two sets of birds making homes in this big nest box.
  Sorry the photo is not real clear-there is a bird right in front looking out, and also another bird on the left


When ever I need to go to Wal Mart (big box store) I check if there is anything new from the Pioneer Women. I don't need more dishes but I love the hand painted flowers on hers, so I am collecting a few things in twos or fours
   There was two left of these giant mugs which I thought would be perfect for soups and chili


I got my new Southern Cast Iron magazine in the mail last week, so I am getting ready to sit down and read it along with a big mug of my chicory drink-I already drank most of it so need a refill lol



Happy T everyone!! here is the link to my Second on the 2nd post

14 comments:

  1. I hope y'all hear encouraging results from the eco cardiogram. We had a freeze warning last night! What happened to Spring?! I think it's a wonderful idea to move some of your outside plants with you. Daffodils and violets are always welcome, aren't they :) I like your idea of bringing the wood color from the floors up into the doors. You found a color that works well. It sounds like there'll always be something interesting to see from your new place. An adventure! Happy T Day :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It will be nice to take some of the outside plants with you especially the ones that will remind you of your mom and grandma. You have been very busy in the new house. I think the door color looks just fine. The bird peeking out of the birdhouse made me smile. Hope it's warmer. Enjoy your day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope all will go well for your husband and he gets good results from the tests.
    The daffodils look beautiful and its is a good idea to move some of your favourite plants with you. You are making great progress inside the house, the paint colours look lovely together.
    The new mugs are super, I love the decoration of them. I watch the Pioneer Woman sometimes on our Food Chanel here in the UK and like all the crockery she uses.
    Happy T day wishes Kathy.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope your husband is feeling better and the monitor shows any discrepancies.

    I did the same thing when I moved to Wichita. I first brought all my books with me and set them up. Then I filled my cabinets in the kitchen with items I knew I wouldn't need until I moved. You have done a LOT since you bought the house, and I'm really impressed.

    You know I also like the Pioneer Woman and hope to visit her store one of these years. Those mugs are wonderful. I'm truly impressed with their size.

    How nice to be able to sit and enjoy a cup of your favorite drink while perusing this latest magazine. Thanks for sharing the lake house and the mugs, as well as your chicory drink with us for T this nearly Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love watching Pioneer Woman but dont have time these days. Those cups are lovely
    Bridget x 11

    ReplyDelete
  6. Things are looking good at the lake house. yes, the wood stained doors look great! Pretty daffodils. We still don't have any open...such a long winter it seems. Those floral mugs are so pretty and i would choose them too! Wishing all good news regarding hubby's recent tests. Happy T day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. brave working girl! you remind me i need a giant mug! happy t-day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The lake house is coming along nicely. I like the way the doors look, painted brown. I think you had a good idea doing that. They do blend in with the wood floor, so you might not need to replace them with real oak doors, especially if they are odd sizes. I enjoy reading your posts about the progress you're making. Happy T-Day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like you've been as busy as we are, it's all looking great, the doors march the floors really well.
    Hope your DH's tests went well, my husband has that once a year, he hates it especially as they always do it in July when the temps are in the late 30's.He has the treadmill this year instead, ha,ha Happy Tuesday
    Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope everything is OK with your hubs's heart.
    Well done you for doing all that work. It's pretty exciting isn't it.
    I like the brown color against the grey. And the kitchen cabinet is going to be so useful.
    I like the Pioneer Woman stuff you bought. Very colourful. I used to follow her blog many years ago (before she was on TV) and liked her food and recipes.
    Happy T-Day,
    Lisca

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope all goes well with your husband's appointment 😁. The daffodils are so beautiful and I think it would be great to move some of your favourite plants to the lake house. Wow, you've been so busy again and you have made so much progress, the lake house is looking wonderful!
    I'm loving your new mugs too - Happy T Day! J 😊 x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I loved your various photos today.Pioneer Woman does have some lovely patterns. I try to stay away from Wal-Mart so I am not tempted ;) I did not know that cast iron cooking was a huge thing. I bet that magazine will be an interesting read with some yummy recipes.
    Your color choice for a door does go well with the floor. You are certainly doing a lot of work on your Lake House. It will be a wonderful to sit back and enjoy all your hard work when it is complete.
    Happy Tea Day,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am pleased to see that Spring is on its way! What a good idea to take some of your precious memory plants! I love your colour choices! You certainly are getting on with things! Hope that the 24 hour monitor shows good results! My hubby had to have one a while ago - all OK! Happy T day! Chrisx

    ReplyDelete

  14. Sorry for the fly-by comment this week, Kathy. I have very limited Internet.

    I hope the Holter monitor results are good. I get those every couple of years too. |So far - so good.

    Fabulous progress on the lake house. Funny - our doors (and windows) are all different dimensions too. I Like to think of that as a sign of hand made (like the intentional flaw in a quilt) ;-)

    I love your Pioneer Woman dishes!

    Thank you for your comments on my blog.

    Happy T-day! Eileen xx

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your visits and reading your comments and I do reply back to your comments as well
Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit