Friday, March 1, 2019

Winter Weather Arriving & Movies with Snow & Second on the 2nd Snow

Hi everyone,
    For the past several days the weather people are warning us all of a major winter event. Still on track-to come in Saturday evening into Sunday-6-8 inches of snow for my area and then an arctic blast of cold below 0 f Brrrr sounds cold and is highly unusual for us in March.
   Soooo we will wait and see what happens with the snow amounts-the bitter cold is coming for sure.  I made a really big pot of chili today so we are set for the weekend in case we lose the electric. (I have an ancient gas stove that does not need electric to turn on)

I thought I would share some movies with snow.

Snow dogs-is really a funny movie. I love the actors and especially the dogs.

Image result for photo movie snow dogs

About the movie here

and the trailer



I have not see this movie in a very long time, but I remember it having lots of cold and snow

Image result for dr zhivago


trailer


I also thought of movies-Frozen, Frosty the Snowman, Snow White and Huntsman

I almost forgot Saturday is also Second on the 2nd with hostess Bleubeard and Elizabeth-link in my right hand column. This event is where we share a previous post for a second look.
   
    I was looking through my very old posts to find the major ice storm here that left us without power for 19 days-now that was an adventure. Back then we only heated with wood stoves so was no big deal except for no water and septic.  Most of my older posts have lost all their photos now do to changes in computers etc.
   I did find an older post with snow and deer though March 1, 2015  link here
We had 7" that year more photos on the post.




Happy Weekend-and stay safe and warm if you are getting this winter event too and Happy Second on the 2nd as well

16 comments:

  1. NOT what I need to see right now (grin). I got caught up in the last day before the big storm is to hit here, too. Had to stock up on food and such in case I lose power in the next three days. Snow and ice up to 5 inches tonight and more to come after that. Predicting -5 (five below) tomorrow night. We are under a winter storm warning through Tuesday because it is storm after storm after storm predicted here.

    I'll save these till July, when I will need them to help me cool off. Right now, it's too cold to watch a cold movie (grin). Sorry I can't play this week. I have Second on the 2nd instead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry you are being hit so badly by the snow and cold. Love the photo of the deer. Dr Zhivago was really a great film. I can't imagine 19 days without power, it sounds awful. Here electricity is the only thing we have for heating, cooking etc, so it would be very hard. Happy 2nd on the 2nd, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. we have a choice here for power sources and there are many homes with only electric for everything. we have always lived rural so always wanted another heat source for back up-at the least a wood stove. that would be hard if the electric went out for sure hugs

      Delete
  3. Oh my gosh! Poor Kathy - but well prepaired with the gas oven and the pot of chili! Thinking of you! Fabulous choice of films for this mood! Happy Second on the 2nd!
    Big hugs, Susi

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also only have an electric stove, microwave, coffee pot, and heat. When the electricity went out in 2005, my friend Joseph was scheduled to visit. He and I went to stay at a friend's house. She was out of town, so it was a bonus for her to have us there "house sitting." At least when I lived in MO, I bought a wood burning stove, so had heat and I could cook on it, too, when the electricity went out.

    LOVED the deer. I went to the other link and saw them. Your photos were amazing, even through the snow. Thanks for sharing your second on the 2nd, Kathy. I'm so grateful for the update.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Second on the 2nd! Great idea to mention movies with snow in them. Another good one is Steven King's "Storm of the Century." That has a lot of snow. Brrr. I like the deer photo. I think I'm going to get the same storm as you, but the following day (Sunday into Monday). We have a Winter Storm Watch for 5" to 8" of snow. That will be on top of what is falling right now (4" to 7" expected today?). And it is unseasonably cold where I am too (CT). This probably would've been rain if the temperatures were where they are supposed to be. So March is coming in like a lion with snow. :-(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes looks so many of us are getting this last bit of winter-stay safe-hugs

      Delete
  6. Sigh. We're getting that storm. Actually a double whammy. 4 -6 inches today. And 6+ in. Sunday into Monday. Doctor Zhivago was such a beautiful film. The deer picture is very sweet. What a lovely Christmas card that would make. Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have seen ALL those movies!! and loved them all.
    For years we had a wood burning stove, and it sure came in handy when we lost power, even though I had a gas range to cook on......... and that was while living in town and not that long ago.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's a blessing to have a back-up in case you lose the electric. Chili sounds good :) I like your snow and deer photos. I hadn't given any thought to losing photos on the blog and had just assumed they'd stay there through computer changes. Bummer :( No snow here, but we're getting colder temps and dreary rain.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have seen a few of those movies and really enjoyed them Dr Zhivago would be the one I would like to see again.
    The weather forecast sounds dreadful. Stay safe and warm and I hope the snow won't cut your power off.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I too would be alright in a power cut. We have a woodstove that i cal also cook on, and we cook on bottled gas anyway (with lots of spare bottles) We als have bottle gas heaters too. The only thing that would be at risk is my freezer. We'd lose a lot of food just when we need it. But then with temperatures below zero, we could keep food outside i suppose....
    Lovely to see the deer in the snow.
    I'd rather not see those snow and ice movies. They honestly make me feel cold watching them. (auto suggestion or what!)
    What a bummer that you lost all your photos with computer changes. I have changed computer a few times and my blogs are with Blogger so as long as they are in business, I can access them. I also back-up my photos and documents on an external memory (not often enough really. Note to self: do it more often)
    Have a great weekend,
    Lisca

    ReplyDelete
  11. You will be in your lake house and boating before you know it! Think ahead...

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can't believe we are having such a major winter storm this late in the winter. We are hoping it will be the last. We sometimes watch old movies on Turner Classics and just happened onto an old 1932 movie, "Eskimo." It is filmed in the Arctic and the characters are all native to the region. Now talk about cold and snow and ice! We were amazed by it all.

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your visits and reading your comments and I do reply back to your comments as well
Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit