Tuesday, March 26, 2019

T Stands for Tuesday and Busy Busy Here

Happy T Everyone.
   On Tuesdays we share a drink related post with friends (we share a beverage in a photo). Our hostess is Bluebeard and Elizabeth where you are most welcome to join us. Find the link in my right hand column.

  Hubs and I are not normally super busy people-we are retired after all ha ha-but we have been visiting with out of state guests arriving and working at the lake house this past week.

   After our friends left for their home in Kentucky with the rug loom, we got another call from  a friend and her husband whom we have not seen in over 20 years. Actually I wasn't sure if I would remember what she looked like-but I did. whew!!  When Hubs and I were raising endangered and excotic birds a 24/7 job, and when I could get away from my telephone company job that was always in overtime it seemed-our friend Kathy was our bird's babysitter. She was the only one we could depend on. Her husband wanted to get away for the winter-which was a good idea this year-and travel with their camper. So they were on their way home too when they stopped in for a visit.
   I had planned on making us dinner, but then more friends stopped by so we all just sat around the table visiting with drinks of water, or ice tea, glasses of wine, or shots of whiskey. Of course I forgot to take photos-but I did get this one. Kathy and I were drinking merlot.



 I have also been putting some things on facebook marketplace-there are no fees involved there and Hubs has sold allot of items so far. I decided to give it another go. Originally my friend who bought the loom also was going to buy my multiple boxes of blue jeans-I have allot of time in those-washing and drying, and taking them all apart at the seams, so they are ready to cut into sewing or quilt projects, or strips for rug weaving. So I went through all that and got them on marketplace, along with jean shorts to make into bags or to wear, and other fabrics.  Yesterday, I decided to put my Victoria Secret blue jeans and shorts on for sale-sigh they no longer fit and they were always my favorite comfortable jeans.

Over the weekend I needed a "down" day, my allergies have all kicked in already too, so I found a movie to watch and grabbed my spindle and spun up more bison yarn.



This morning I am headed out toward the lake direction for my 6 month with the dentist, drop some clothes off at a resale shop head back home for our main meal, and then head on out in the other direction to pick up some things we need and meet a girl from fb marketplace to hopefully purchase from me some jean shorts. 
       I didn't want to miss another T day-but I will be late visiting all of you.

  I am drinking my decaf morning beverage as I type


Tomorrow we are headed back to the lake house-I will be painting, the carpet is to be installed, and the guys will be working on the pavers-they made allot of progress on Sunday.

Happy T everyone!!

18 comments:

  1. There are still a love of works in your lake house, Kathy, but I am you will love it when it is finished. I lllllllllove Merlot and all the red wines with my dinner. Happy T-Day, my dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun to get together with friends. Reading about your day made me exhausted. Spinning the bison yard must be very relaxing. Good that you took some time for yourself.I'll look forward to seeing the progress you are making on the lake house. Happy T Day

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like you've been very busy this past week. Happy T-Day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You really are a busy bee just now, even more so than usual. Glad you had some fun time with friends. Happy T day, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  5. My, you have had a busy week, Kathy! How nice to see friends after so long. Sounds like you're making great progress on the lake house. It's all so exciting!

    Happy T-day! Eileen xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. You do sound busy! I see folks using FB Marketplace, but I never have anything worth selling so end up just donating my "stuff". It's fun to see old friends :) Happy T Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You may be retired, but you certainly have put a lot into everything you do. I am also recycling some old jeans, but not for looms. My friend Halle made me a purse from her daughter's pink jeans one year. Looks like you got a lot of roving done, too.

    It's always good to visit friends you havn't seen in years. That happens to me a sometimes, too. When it's out of the blue, it's even more fun, I think.

    You know how I feel about Merlot. It tastes too bitter for me. I've come to realize the only wine I like is dessert wine. I wouldn't make a good wine companion (grin). Thanks for sharing your week with us, your Merlot, and your bison rovings, as well as updates on the lake house for T this Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. For someone that says you're not super busy, I disagree. lots on your plate almost daily it seems. Always nice to have friends visit though:)I'd be happy to share Merlot with you. Happy T day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gosh you are really very busy, but it must have been good to meet up with friends. You must be exhausted when it gets to the evening after such full days.
    Happy T day wishes Kathy.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, you have been busy! So nice to spend time with friends and it must have been lovely to be reunited again after all that time 😁. Hope you allergies clear up soon and it's great how thework at your lake house is progressing! Thanks for sharing so many happy memories and wishing you a very happy T Day! J 😊 x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like life has been busy but enjoyable. and I didn't know you raised exotic birds. That is interesting. But nice to have friends visiting and seeing them again. Hope it was a great T day. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are so busy always - I think you have a great life! Meeting up with freinds is always good!Thanks for sharing your wonderful life with us! Good luck with the house and I hope your allergies clear up very soon! I would like to have a glass of Merlot with you! Happy belated T-Day my arty friend!
    hugs Susi

    ReplyDelete
  13. You have been very busy!
    Hope it was a great T-Day for you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You sound very busy. Love the bison yarn...very cool!
    Happy T day!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sounds like you have been very busy. Good for you selling all your old things. It's a great way to make some money while getting rid of clutter.
    Your yarn is lovely.
    Happy Belated Tea Day,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  16. To be busy with all sorts of nice things like an old friend dropping by, now that is great fun.Sounds you've had a really good week. Busy but good.
    Sorry I'm late to comment,
    but a happy belated T-Day,
    Lisca

    ReplyDelete
  17. You may have had a lot of works, that´s fine, and meet friends is always good. I like your cup. I wish you a belated T-day (sorry I´m late), and also wish a very nice afternoon,
    Big hugs, Caty

    ReplyDelete
  18. Well, I am later visiting than you! It sounds so fun to see friends you haven't seen in years, and have time to catch up with them. And I always forget to take photos when enjoying my visit! Hugs, and I will see you soon at the next tea party! LOL

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your visits and reading your comments and I do reply back to your comments as well
Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit