Friday, March 8, 2019

The August 2018 Fabric Journal Pages Just finished & Painting at the Lake House

  Hi everyone,
    I was all caught up by late afternoon, so decided to play around with my journal pages.
    I added some wool stitches, got everything stitched down, and added lots of little fun things.

click photos to enlarge for better viewing


I added a couple more word charms, a butterfly to Barbara's handmade paper, and stitches


I have had those cool ceramic hive and bees for awhile now.-I was really loving these at a flea market, there are two sets of these and also ceramic fall leaves-wasn't sure I wanted to spend the money and then Hubs came up and bought them for me.--I decided to add the bees to this page, because by late summer we have lots of honey bees and wasps at the hummingbird feeders. So a good rembernace. A couple years ago we had loads of honey bees-someone's bee hives must have found the nectar.
      I also added some flower buttons and grabbed my crayola pens to draw in some leaves and grass. I had cut out that little jean patch bee hive years ago and also had those little bees so added those too-along with the butterfly, lady bug, leaf and watering can.
   A very summery August



Thursday I went up to the lake house with the guys to finish painting the room that will be our bedroom. I got it all painted and started on the second coat. I chose a really soft green to lighten up the room and to make the wallpaper prettier-it turned out nice.





Happy weekend everyone!

16 comments:

  1. The pages in your journal are fabulous, love all the embellishments. Your new bedroom looks pretty. Have a great weekend, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful bedroom walls, Kathy! And the journal has really come together nicely. Your composition skills have grown by leaps and bounds, and I always love butterflies. ;) So sweet of Larry to buy the flea market finds for you. The kitty patch is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so enjoyed dreaming of Summer by looking at your fabric journal. I love all the little touches of things you add. Your bedroom turned out quite nicely. Very pretty color you chose. Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks CJ I think I got more into developing these pages dreaming of spring and warmer weather-and then summer-can't wait lol
      I am loving this color too hugs

      Delete
  4. I love the walls in your bedroom, Kathy.
    And you know how much I llllllllllove your fabric journal. I think I will try soon this great idea.
    Kathy, please send me an email to craftartista@gmail.com I want to ask you something.
    PS: I finally found how to add you to the blogs I watch! Hugs, sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your journal pages look fantastic and I love the details you added.
    Your bedroom will look very welcoming, those colours you chose look lovely.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your journal pages make me very happy! They are so full of joy Kathy with the images and warm colors. And kitties. ANd the walls of your room are looking pretty. I love the wallpaper/border you chose and how you only used it to chair rail height. That's a lot of work but it looks fantastic. Happy weekend. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good morning Erika, thank you sooo much-I really enjoyed working on these pages yesterday.
      The wallpaper and border paper were already there and looked really new, so decided I did not want to take it down-the walls were a very dull blah tannish color-this light green really helped the room out so much and I think it accented that wallpaper a bit too. I am happy with the results now to choose the carpet color
      Happy weekend Hugs

      Delete
  7. You are such a great inspiration, Kathy. Now I want to make a fabric journal, too. I like your use of the bee embellishments, and the butterfly, too. Of course, I always LOVE it when you include your cat in the pages of your journal.

    Your bedroom turned out great. I was impressed that you found a way to incorporate the paper and not have to strip it. The perfect soft color choice, too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your bees and flowers :) That'll be a lovely room, and a good color choice for a bedroom.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love all of the pretty details on your pages Kathy, especially the little bees! Your room walls are looking good too.
    Have a happy week,
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful embellishments in your journal Kathy! Love the paper in your bedroom! Hugs, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your visits and reading your comments and I do reply back to your comments as well
Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit