Monday, March 11, 2019

T Stands for Tuesday & Eating Out & Lake House Photos

  Happy Tuesday everyone,
      Tuesdays are also T Day where we share a drink related post with friends. You are most welcome to join us-find link to our hostess Bleubeard and Elizabeth in my right hand column

   Last week Tuesday my neighbor friend and I drove to Springfield, Mo to meet up with our accountant and get our taxes done.
  For something different this year I suggested the Tea Garden restaurant inside the Relics antique mall which I shared links to last week.
     I was in agreement with Elizabeth and was really looking forward to the shrimp avocado salad, however when I read the menu just about all of the items were different than what was listed online. I asked the waitress about that and she said oh yeah we just changed most of the menu last week and haven't upgraded the menu online sigh I was a bit disappointed as the only gluten free foods were the salads.
   I did end up having a chef salad which was really good, and my friend had a reuben sandwich (corn beef, sauerkraut, cheese, thousand island dressing on rye) I went for a pot of herbal tea which was really nice-hibiscus and apple, I was happy it was not too tart which sometimes happens with hibiscus.
  We also splurged and had dessert which we never do haha   My dessert was a no flour chocolate cake---soooo delicious and something I would probably not make since it is so rich!  and my friend had lemon meringue pie.
  I don't know what happened to the photo I took of my friend's reuben I must have deleted by accident but here are photos of my chef salad and our desserts and my tea.






We browsed around the antique mall only for about an hour-neither of us needed anything and the prices seemed very high.

Usually on these yearly trips we check out lots of craft stores and also quilting fabric shops-I don't need anything that's for sure lol  but my friend is still making quilts-mostly for her grandchildren-so we checked out a quilt fabric store we have been to before that has really good prices and loads of fabrics.  I used to always help her put the colors of fabrics together for her and I felt good that I still had the touch for that-I gained that from my Mom for sure she was excellent with colors.  My friend is an artist-painter so that always surprised me that she is not good at that with fabrics

Thursdays is when the two guys we hire to help us at the lake house can both go and since they are usually working outdoors in the cold and wind Hubs always buys everyone a hot meal (along with their pay) on the way home.
    Going out to eat is a major treat for Hubs and I as we just don't don't do that much-do to our different health concerns.
  Near the new lake house we have found a restaurant though that we love-the food is always consistent, generous servings and always so good. Here is a link I found with photos  Chances R

  Hubs always gets a reuben sandwich with fries (his favorite), the guys change up but those two always get the tater tots instead of fries, and I usually get a big chef salad or a cheese burger and fries with no bread.



The hamburgers are hand formed and are huge-I always get a white cheese too. The french fries are excellent-they must be tossed with a rice flour as thankfully I don't get sick from them-(many are tossed with wheat)-when I asked she didn't know-so I just tried them. I always use mayo with my fries too instead of ketchup.

  Sunday we went up and worked and our friends that make the fried catfish dinners drove up and surprised us to see the house-so we all ate out-again -lol this could be a new habit. I love reubens too so I asked if she could make me a gluten free version with no bread-and she did-very good with all that melted cheese on top.

  Sunday I got the second coat of paint on all of the walls, and also painted in the closet too, I have just a bit more to paint in the closet. If you missed it and care to see-my previous post shows the room I painted, and also my August fabric journal pages.

  We usually get at the lake house before 9 am The sun was just under the clouds so grabbed the camera to capture this pretty scene.


We see these two fishing almost every day on the days we come up to the lake house-you can see it was very overcast


Saw this one canada goose on the lake



I also saw a single mallard duck but by the time I grabbed the camera he was no where to be seen

When we took a walk down to the lake front with our friends-we found fresh deer tracks-happy dancing!

and I have one more beverage reference to share-I had taken up a ceramic mug and several tea bags-so I could heat up the water in the microwave and enjoy a cup of tea while working. I grabbed two-a green tea and a tazo



Happy T everyone!!

25 comments:

  1. I enjoyed reading your post. It sounds like you had a fun week. All of that food looks delicious, so now I'm hungry again (even though I just ate my dinner). That sun photo is lovely. I'm glad the work at the lake house is progressing nicely. Happy T-Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kathy. The photos of your lake house are awesome. I really love the one with the sun. And your tea seems delicious. Hugs, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i take a piece of choc cake, please! but not now, i´m off to bed;)
    happy t-day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kathy I'm pleased I wasn't hungry as I read your super post. All the food photos look delicious. Finding a nice restaurant to eat out , close to the Lake House that serves nice food sounds good.
    It was a beautiful photo of the sun over the lake as well.
    Happy T day wishes Kathy.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seeing I haven't had dinner yet all that food is looking so yummy. I'm trying to eat a bit healthier right since when I was on vacation in Florida I didn't think twice about what I was going to eat. And your house photos are looking great. Happy T Day Kathy. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a week! That chocolate cake looks so decadent. And it's so nice to find restaurants that cater to special diets without a hassle. The early morning lake picture is so beautiful and I was happy to hear there are deer at your new home. I love your deer pictures. Your teacup picture made me laugh. Don't mix up where you dip your paint brush :-D Happy T Day

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes that's so funny-I didn't get my paint brush into the tea-thank goodness lol easy to do though

      Delete
  7. another full week ,but with added good eats out! I do make a flour less French chocolate cake for special occasions and also add whipped cream and strawberries or raspberries:) The tea sounds wonderful too. Lovely lake house views! Happy T day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The meals look delicious although I know it can be disappointing when the GF menu is sparse. I loves reubens and lots of places carry them so I just get them without the bun and they are GF.
    What beautiful views from your lake house.
    Happy Tea Day,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  9. How sad the menu had changed on that restaurant, but it looked like you enjoyed your salad and tea. I love hibiscus tea, so that looked good.

    I also don't like ketchup with my fries, but I prefer ranch dressing, since I'm allergic to mayo. Your food looked really good and I'm glad the two of you (and your workers) found a great place to eat where you will be moving.

    Nice photo of the tea cup at the lake house, too. Great to see that you finished your bedroom. sorry you didn't find any antiques or items on the trip to the "big" city.

    I'm having trouble keeping my internet going tonight, so sorry if I am brief. Thanks for making this a very special T this Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have had a busy week. The trip to the restaurant sounds good, even if the choice wasn't too great. Glad you had a fun trip anyway. Happy T Day, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  11. A wonderful post with lots to read about and photographs to enjoy as well. Your meal looks very healthy and the chocolate cake without flour sounds something very special.

    Have a great T Day

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. So much lovely food, made my mouth water. especially the lemon merangue, my favourite. Lovely photos of the lake, Happy T Day
    Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  13. That lake house looks like a wonderful retreat. Pretty sunrise in the early morning fog, I love it when we get that here.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The food looks delicious, and I love the color of the hibiscus tea. Your lake house is perfectly situated for nature watching, and I'm excited for you that you'll have deer there. Happy T Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like your new background, Kathy. What a lovely salad. The dessert doesn't look too sinful. It's a small slice of cake ;-)

    I'm glad you're getting help on the lake house. Lucky you - two (good) meals out in a week. We don't go out to eat much either. But we're going today. Yay!

    Happy T-day! Eileen xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. You are so busy and the meals look very good even though you weren't satisfied. And oh this views! AMAZING!
    Happy T-Day dear Kathy!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a lovely happy, foody post! It's great that you can find restaurants that have something to offer for your diet. It is fun to eat out. We do it every week at least once, and when we are away, we do it more often.
    The wildlife on the lake is wonderful. You will enjoy it even more once your are there 24 hr/24hr.
    Green tea and tazo... I know green tea, but what is tazo?
    Happy T-Day,
    Lisca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. tazo is a brand name of teas... my fave tazo is PASSION!

      Delete
    2. Wow...your blog looks GREAT! And now I am hungry! Haven't had a reuben in years!

      Delete
  18. Looks like you had such fun with your friends! The meal choices look delicious, especially your salad and dessert - yummy 😁. It's lovely to see the comings and goings on the lake and how wonderful to find deer tracks, I'm sure they will appreciate the corn and watermelon that you put out too 😀. Green tea sounds great to me, Happy painting and T Day! J 😊 x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh my! Your food looks so good, although I don't eat beef! Most exciting is the fact that not only will you see brilliant sunrises but there are deer around...YAY!!!!! Hope you can get all your painting done soon! Happy T Day! Hugs, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  20. All of the food looks so good and the LAKE HOUSE photos are beautiful! Spring will look so beautiful there!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I just love all kinds of floorless chocolate cake.
    Great that you have geese and ducks and deer in the new neighborhood.

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your visits and reading your comments and I do reply back to your comments as well
Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit