Friday, April 22, 2022

Just Popping in To Say Hi

 Good evening friends,

   For some reason this has felt like a really long week. Perhaps because I spent most of it working in my craft room, but I kept thinking today was the weekend and it's Friday-haha

   I can not tell you how much better I feel getting my craft space cleaned, things back in their places, and re organized. It's a joy to walk in there now, had no idea that room was getting me down.  

   Tonight I caught up on a few slow mail letters, and being evening realized how very poor lighting I have in this room. For some reason many of the rooms in this home have no ceiling installed lighting, including my craft room. I have been using a floor lamp that I never cared for-so I will be getting rid of that-I was always very unhappy with it, and ordered another floor ott lamp for crafting. I have one by the couch already for reading books and hand sewing etc in the evenings so looked into buying another one. The prices have increased since I bought the first one.-of course the cheapest and by allot I found on Amazon. The bulbs are full spectrum and just perfect for crafting and our eyes too.

  Wow today we climbed up into the mid 80's F along with humidity so a blast of summer. Another day like this tomorrow too before more rain and back to the 60's again.  I need to get outdoors tomorrow early and finish digging up some weeds in the main area in front of the house that I had been working on. Time can sure slip away from us-I have so much to get accomplished with the gardening project.

  It was so nice to have visitors today. Good friends of ours that live in the area of our woods home came up to visit and go fishing. It is a bit early for crappie fishing but they had a fun time-and could wear summer shorts and tops-how fun!!

  I haven't gotten any good photos of the hummingbirds yet, they have been coming out blurry, but we have discovered two females that are sticking around the area. Strange we have not seen any male hummers as of yet. They were migrating here when we had some rough storms so may have gotten delayed.

  I did get these two photos this past week, when we had little sunshine

  

  We have been enjoying a pair of these red headed woodpeckers that visit every day, especially when I put out song bird mix that has different nuts and dried fruits.


Happy weekend

21 comments:

  1. Getting organized certainly gives peace of mind. I really keep trying to sort myself out but it is quite the task. I definitely need good light to craft. I go from no glasses to wearing glasses to contacts to reading glasses so my eyes are always having to adjust. I see that many people have posted they've gotten snow yet again. We've had mostly hazy days for weeks on end. Makes me feel very blah. Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These ott lights are really wonderful and good for the eyes-they have floor lamps or desk lamps
      today another 80 plus day but with winds up to 40 mph so we will be back to colder tomorrow happy weekend

      Delete
  2. Have a great weekend Kathy, take care! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me too Kathy. I have neglected my followers a bit as I have to concentrate on preparing our Tax returns...such a bore! Taking a break from them a minute or two though as it gets me down and then I start making mistakes. Mistakes on these forms could cost us money so I am pretty careful :-). I know how you feel,like yourself it does make me feel much better when I have been able to tidy up my study-craft room. In my case though I need to get down and get it done again it gets so scruffy so quickly! Yep! time can certainly slip away from us a minute ago practically it was January and now we are nearly at the end of April. I must admit though I do like the spring and early summer tremendously and always seem to have more energy. Enjoy the time with your friends and those wonderful views right in front of where you live! keep well. Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hh tax returns, our are finally getting much simpler-we have always had some sort of home business. I put everything together and then we have tax professional that does the returns for us-too complicated for me otherwise.
      yes May will be here soon-time flying by too fast this year. there will be lots of boats on the lake today for sure taking advantage of the warm weather even though it will windy out there. Happy weekend Amanda

      Delete
  4. I have two floor ott lamps and got both at a thrift store that had no idea what they were I think the first one was 20.00 and the second 25.00 I found the bulbs cheap, so I am good. 80 wow we are so cold here 50s with a stiff wind all the time. at least it is sunny at times.
    have a great day
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. a very awesome find Cathy, I love finds like that. I used to go with friend that lived down the road a bit from us at the woods property, and we would visit thrift stores a couple times a month-we would find wonderful "treasures" so fun. There is a small animal shelter thrift store not to far from me now at the lake-not as good but I need to get there soon and look for some clothes.
      we will be getting 40 mile wind gusts here today and drop back to the 60's tomorrow hugs

      Delete
  5. I feel your pain, Kathy, the lightning in the living room, where I have my small corner is crap!
    I got a so-called daylight-lamp. Works wonders! Is small and handy, too, was cheap as well.

    Yay to great weather! And friends, of course :-)

    Lake, ohhhh. Have a happy weekend over there, hugs from here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. good morning (evening) Iris, I should not have waited so long to upgrade my craft lamp-I was making do-I need good light in that space.
      lovely summer weather here friday and saturday-it will drop big tomorrow
      Happy weekend-hugs

      Delete
  6. I have Ott lights all over the house. I agree they are not the cheapest lights to buy, but so much better to see with. I started with one and then liked it so much I bought one to read with. The one in my craft space broke so I do need to replace that one, once the room is finished. OK, enough about me. Hurrah your cleaning is coming along. And lucky you your hummingbirds are back. Still waiting here for them. Have a wonderful weekend. hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love these ott lights too-first time I ever got one was when we moved to the lake home and I needed a light for the living room area-as there was no lighting in there. decided an ott light would be perfect and they are so much better for our eyes too.
      we are seeing just a couple hummingbirds so far, there really should be more-I am thinking some may have gotten delayed in the storms or decided to stay there. we'll see what happens.
      happy weekend hugs

      Delete
  7. Hi there Kathy... good to see a post from you.. I like your chatty posts the best... if you want to know..lol .. Not anything specific just whatever your up to.. Its almost like a snail mail letter.. lol I have a day to myself.. Been lazing around drinking coffee.. lol Hubby is off golfing.. We are expecting RAIN tonight!!! Cross all your fingers and toes.. We have rainy days expected Sun/Mon.. I like having something to look forward to.. Getting the lighting right in the craftroom is a learning experience .. some trial and error.. hopefully not too costly error.. Getting older i think i need more light than i used to.. lol Thinking of changing out the globes on my ceiling fans in the rooms.. i like the antiqued globes but that does not make for good lighting.. Each fan has 4 globes i think i make keep an eye out for some white or clear globes on sale.. I think that makes sense.. Have a great day!! Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Deb, this is more like my older blogging posts, more personal and not just sharing art or a craft. I finally have found a few new blog friends that do the same.
      very difficult to find friends here on blogger-I was invited to T when I first got back to blogger again after all my friends went to only facebook-ugh double ugh so I think I got into that type of posting-only art yes good lighting is important for sure-hugs

      Delete
  8. Agree with jinxxxgirl. Your “chatty post” are the best! After a couple of long days outside, I am actually looking forward to a rainy day inside. Yay for ott lights and organized craft rooms.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good morning, so glad you got lots of gardening done. it was so windy here friday and saturday I couldn't be out much in that--I did get a good section of weeds pulled though.
      a rainy day today I think I will bake up an apple crisp today

      Delete
  9. Still playing catch up. I'm a really slow reader, but wanted to catch up before we shared T this week.

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your visits and reading your comments and I do reply back to your comments as well
Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit