Wednesday, October 2, 2019

Another Crisp-Apple-Pear-Plum with Photos

  We enjoyed the apple crisp allot the other day, and a new neighbor stopped by so it went fast.
   I had some apples left but not enough, but I did still have fresh pears, and one large plum-and it ended up filling up the cast iron skillet perfectly

Several of you asked about the recipe and I did go back in comments on this week's T post and write in my recipe.
   I decided to take photos and also share here in a seperate post.

   I make the fruit filling like I do for an apple pie-I did though first melt a tablespoon of butter or a bit more-just to have a thin coating on the bottom of the cast iron pan
   Then I layer apples, then sprinkle on top apple pie spice, instant tapioca-lightly, coconut sugar (I use now instead of brown sugar for less carbs and sugars) and also splenda. then I repeat the layers til I get to the top.
     This time I alternated the layers with apple, then pears and plum, til I got to the top of the pan.






This time I also decided to add zest of lemon peel and I also squeezed the lemon juice over the layers


For the topping-I looked for a basic one online and then just made changes for us-so I would suggest looking it up online for the ratios of the flour-oats-butter

   I used gluten free rolled oats, and I used both almond flour and gluten free flour this time (I did this to help lessen the carbs of the flour and oats) and this one I used melted coconut oil instead of butter. On my last crisp I used half butter and half coconut oil



(I forgot to take a photo of the gluten free flour from Bob's Red Mill and the almond flour-I chose one ground fine for baking



Ready for the oven
   Last time I baked at 400 degrees f like for a pie and I thought it dried out just a bit much, so today I baked at 375 degrees f and this one turned out so moist-which is also do to the fresh pairs.


After an hour ready to come out of the oven


You can tell this one has a bit of juice that didn't get baked off

We just had a piece warm from the oven-sooo good! The added lemon was nice, and one would never know I added almond flour



Yummm we will enjoy another slice for breakfast tomorrow

10 comments:

  1. This sounds sooooooooooooooooooooo good! I wish I had a portion who with my morning coffee! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet that was delicious. I've never combined apples, pears and plums so what a good idea. I bet they worked great! Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks delicious. I need to go back to your T-Day post to get the recipe. Thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my! I wish I had this straight from the over right now. With some banana "nice" cream. Yum, yum, yum! I am definitely going to be making a fruit crisp very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 😋 Oh, that looks soooooooooo good. I can almost smell how delicious it is. I found Swerve not only makes a Stevia granulated sugar, but they also make a brown sugar and a confectioner's sugar.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish I enjoyed cooking and baking as much as you do, Kathy. My creative pursuits are totally different, but yours are just as creative! Plus, I’m sure your are delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I fear I'm with Barbara. I have made apple crisp in the past, but not for years. Now I am more into quick meals and less into baking. I am still glad you shared both photos and recipe with us.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, what a yummy looking apple and pear crisp! I could eat a big piece with some ice-cream - delicious ....lol 😉. Thanks for sharing how you made it too! Happy Friday and weekend! Hugs, Jo x
    p.s. I love you new background images, so beautiful! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Apple crisp is soooooo yummy and this combination sounds great, Kathy!!...:)jp

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your visits and reading your comments and I do reply back to your comments as well
Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit