Wednesday, October 30, 2019

Brrrr a Cold Fall Morning (video)

  Good morning Wednesday everyone,

Brrr we are into a cold fall rest of the week. It rained most of the night here, turned cold and windy. Northern Missouri is getting a bit of snow over the next several days, we may get to see a few snowflakes flying around on Halloween

   This morning I took a little video through the glass windows. After I finished the seagulls arrived and Larry watched one catch a fish-very cool-I hope to capture that one day.


  Good timing, as yesterday I drove to our woods home where I still have a huge freezer full-mostly flours and baking items, some meat, veggies, and fruits. We were able to bring the smaller freezer to the lake before Larry's surgery-so we plugged that in the night before.
   Allot of work and I can feel it this morning with all those steps down to the house and then down to the basement.  I filled up my suv with bags of foods. I judged it right-got it all in, and have a spot for the wheat flours.  I still have allot of bags of gluten free baking items left as well. Not sure if we are going to bring the big freezer or not-If I would have had room to empty that freezer into the smaller one and the refrigerator freezer  would have just taken that one-but didn't work out that way. We will see what happens.

  I think this will be a slow day as I didn't sleep well last night-all those steps gave me major leg cramps. I think I will make up a big pot of soup today and a loaf of gluten free raisin cinnamon bread-I still have a couple mixes of that from Bob's Red Mill.

Have an awesome day!

4 comments:

  1. You have been working very hard, and carrying stuff up and down steps is surely not easy, but well done on getting it transported. The video is pretty. I love watching the birds flying over the water here. Look after yourself, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks cold! And possible snow? Ugh. A few years ago here in Connecticut we got a snow storm just before Halloween. The leaves were still on the trees and it was our usual heavy wet snow, so it brought down a lot of branches which led to a lot of power outages. Halloween trick or treating was literally cancelled that year, because it was too unsafe for kids to be walking along the streets with all of the downed power lines and branches. We don't normally have snow in October in CT. I think the following year we took a direct hit from a Hurricane, so Halloween got cancelled again. :-(

    I'm glad you've been able to move most of the food from the big freezer to the lake home. If you have room for it, I hope you keep it. It's always handy to have an extra freezer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I continue to be impressed by your views there on the lake. I enjoyed the video :) You have me looking at retirement communities and small houses on lakes lol but I imagine we'll end up staying here. The steps will give you a good workout! I know someone who bought a townhouse with upstairs bedrooms just for the exercise they'd be forced to do lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. YUM! Soup and warm raisin cinnamon bread sounds delicious, Kathy!...:)jp

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your visits and reading your comments and I do reply back to your comments as well
Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit