Monday, October 21, 2019

T Stands for Tuesday-It's Beginning to Look Like Fall

  Happy T everyone. This is where we share a photo of what ever we are drinking, hosted by Bleubeard and Elizabeth You are most welcome to join us just visit our hostess-link on my sidebar.

  Not allot happening here, I think we are finally getting a little more normal-finally.
     Hubs is feeling better-but still not strong enough to do what he has been trying to do-attack the major electrical issues.
   We knew the electric for the most part needed updated, but when he started really looking at some of it-wow also unsafe. The owner before used allot of automobile wire-what??  and the dock is suppose to be totally seperate from anything else-which it is not, and it is Not water safe-so we won't be allowing anyone to swim near the dock til he gets that changed. I keep reminding him to just go slow and only a few hours a day.

   Autumn colors are very slow in this area, even an hour away to the woods house does not have allot of colors yet-but the leaves and nuts are falling.

Leaves falling on the cars-I have not mastered backing in on a steep hill-so I drive around the "block" up and then down a steep gravel hill so I can drive straight in on the upper level of the driveway. (previous owners parked a huge rv  up there) I figure it gives me exercise when I unload the groceries haha


This photo is Me standing by the suburban and looking towards a neighbor's dock


This is standing by the suburban looking up to the road-the eagle pair sits way to the left of this photo


The lake side of the house-just a few colors starting


Looking up at the roof-oaks and black walnut trees



I  have gathered allot of black walnuts-I do not have an area where I can spread them out on the floor in the basement-as it gets a bit damp. some are moldy but I don't think that will effect the dye or ink



One of my trips to the woods house-I saw the tansy was perfect for cutting and drying-so I snipped off a box full-great for use in my craft room along with dried lavender to keep the moths away from all my wool


A couple mornings this past week there was so much fog on the lake you couldn't see the lake


Saturday an awesome sunrise
   At our woods home the house was situated so we could never see the sunrise or sunset from inside the house--I will never get tired of this beauty




Last week I have been into drinking a cup or two of hot tea every day. I have to be in the mood sometime to enjoy tea-lol  and I found an awesome honey-sooo delicious!  This one has the honey comb and it was named Jamie (Outlander-smiles) so had to try it.
   I am really enjoying this small town Wal Mart-it doesn't always have everything I am looking for but it is very healthy food inspired. Last week I had shopped on a Wednesday and it was mostly Amish families, even buggies parked in the parking lot-so this must be their food shopping day.(Many hire drivers instead of coming in their buggies)  I have never shopped a Wal Mart store before that really felt like a small town country store. so I am loving it.


I did get the cushion fabric cut out. It was quite the task as this jeans fabric came from a friend who's wife worked at either a levi or lee plant. so the yardage was very very wide and long-a bit hard to handle. I cut allot of it out on the living room floor.
   It's all ironed and ready to tackle.

I was able to cut the side pieces on my big desk


I have just enough room to stand up this vintage ironing board when I need to



I would have much more fun starting a craft project instead, but my plan is to do something that needs done for the house and then a craft project 😀

Happy T wishes to all of you.

Oh and I almost forgot that I wanted to share. I just got a newsletter from stash tea and they sent this link about never any plastics in their tea bags.  I am thinking many people like me that read that question from free the ocean daily quizes about plastics in tea bags had the same effect as it did me and started contacting tea companies-as they now have this information on their site.

17 comments:

  1. Glad your hubby is feeling better, and good that you make sure that he doesn't overdo things. Lovely views around the house. You got great harvests of tansy and walnuts, too. That honey looks great, sweet Jamie, huh! Happy T Day, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad your Hubs is feeling better. Best not to rush the recovery, but take things a little at a time. When the color hits the trees across the lake, it will be spectacular. Will rival that sunrise/sunset. Loved the Outlander reference and your honey. Don’t know about the projects you will be using the ink for, but for writing we are told to toss out the ink if it goes moldy. Good to know about the Stash tea. Happy T Day

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good news regarding your hubby. I could never tire of such gorgeous sunsets over the water either-wow. Your collection of things for your own ink/dyeing are interesting-but not something I will do. It's beginning to be afternoon tea time for me now too with the cooler temps-and they're always herbal AND decafe. Two caffeinated coffees in the AM are all I can have. Good news regarding Stash tea-:)
    Happy T day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those lake views are really pretty. You must be enjoying living there, and I bet it will be a great view once more of the leaves turn. I think it must be cool to go to Walmart and see all the buggies there. We went to NY state a few summers ago and there were lots of Amish buggies. We went to an Amish market and the food was fresh and good. How cool Walmart sells that. Glad to hear the hubby is on improve. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pleased to hear your husband is feeling a little better, I know from experience with my DH that all these things take time.
    You have such beautiful views, you will never get tired of them I’m sure, must be so relaxing, well it will be when all your jobs are done, LOL
    Thanks for your earlier visit, happy T Day, jan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to hear your hubby is recovering. We both got a nasty flu and wee, I feel like a sick 90-year old.
    Always good to have one who can take care of the electrical stuff, I´m as lucky as you here :-)
    It´s slow here, too, with the coloring of the leaves, weird weather.
    I love fog.
    Amazing. Do the Amish really speak German, too? Can you simply approach them and ask?
    I once read a book about some who wanted to (did) leave the Amish and it wasn´t that easy...
    Happy plastic-free T-Day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad your husband is feeling better. Hopefully he can get to the dock wiring issues before it gets too cold out. The hints of Fall look lovely there. Being able to see the sun rise and set is great. (Trees obscure those views at my house.) Teddy said to tell you your honey looks delicious. ;-) Happy T-Day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so glad to hear hubby is on the mend. It must be so frustrating for him not being able to do what he wants to do (and what needs doing).
    The sunrise photos are awesome. You live in such a beautiful place.
    Your honey looks yummy. Of course the taste comes from what type of flowers the bees feed on. I like our local honey Romero (that means rosemary) . that has a nice taste.
    Wow, that is a big piece of denim. You could cover furniture with that.
    Happy T-Day.
    Hugs,
    Lisca

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay for Larry feeling better, but there can be no rushing that. However, electrical safety is important. Please be safe. The lake view reminds me of another lifetime when we lived on Lake Hopatcong in north Jersey. Our house faced the west, and the sunsets were mesmerizing. I once had a wooden vintage ironing board like yours. It was also another lifetime and I have no idea what happened to it. Good start on the cushions!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Its good that your hubby is feeling better, but he must be careful and take his time, I'm sure you must be always telling him to take it slowly, not easy when there are things that he feels should be done around the house.
    The photos look beautiful, you do live in a wonderful area, gorgeous sunsets over the water.
    Happy T day wishes Kathy.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. The views around your home are gorgeous! I hope your hubby is well enough to enjoy them, too. Thanks again for all the tea info, because I drink hot tea all day long, like someone else drinks coffee or soda pop. :) Happy T Day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So glad to hear that your hubby is getting better, it's a slow process and I'm sure frustrating for him at times so it's good that you are there to remind him to go slow 😀. I don't think I would ever tire of seeing sunsets like that either and I bet the autumnal colours reflected in the lake once to leaves turn will be amazing too! Sending you Happy T Day wishes! Hugs, Jo xy

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm happy he's feeling better. It can be hard not to overdo, and it's good to hear he's using some common sense on these projects. There's always more to do after a move than we expect, but I'd have expected some of these issues to be revealed during inspection :( That view is gonna be worth it, though. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your lake house is beautifully situated, Kathy. You have wonderful views in every direction. I know what you mean about never tiring of the sunrises and sunsets. We lived on a mountainside for six years. We'd stop whatever we were doing to watch the changing colors. The sunrises especially - pinks, purples, oranges.

    When we first moved to Mexico, all our wiring was like that until we bought a newer house. Thin wires, wrapped with tape to make connections, often running right down the walls rather than buried in the walls.

    How cool that you have black walnut trees. They're a protected species in NJ where we lived.

    Happy T-day! Eileen xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. SO glad Larry is doing better. Now to get him well enough that he won't overdo himself. I hope you get even better news at the doctor this next time you go.

    I'm wondering why the inspection didn't reveal some of the problems with the electrical wiring. That was a BIG part of the inspection at my home in Wichita. They inspected everything from the fuse box to the wiring. please be safe.

    So glad you wrote the various tea places who make tea bags. This last one was not only informative, but funny, too. Loved the Frida mug on their site.

    Your views from your home are incredible. I know you will NEVER get tired of those views or of the sun rises.

    I have a WalMart grocery-only store in my neighborhood. We sometimes see Amish in Wichita, but mostly they go to Hutchinson where my friend Kathy lives. They definitely don't like to be photographed. So glad you found the honey with comb there. I used to get honey from a friend who had bees. He always included a piece of the comb in the jar.

    Thanks for sharing your week with us, which included updating us on your husband, the views from your home, the tansy and walnuts, your new cushions, that vintage ironing board, and of course your tea and honey for T this Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am very happy to know that your husband is going better Kathy, that´s the best of all. You can enjoy fabulous views from your house, love these photographs, thanks so much for sharing them with us. I wish you spent a lovely T-day. This jean-cushion will be great, I´m looking toward to see it finished. I love honey, and yours looks delicious sure.
    I wish you a very nice day, and send big hugs,
    Caty

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm sure your husband wants to get on with some jobs but he really mustn't over do it!! Good to see the cushion is getting done! Your views are amazing, at this time of year we do see the sunrise but not over such fabulous sight! Glad you are enjoying your shopping trips! Belated Happy T Day! Chrisx

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your visits and reading your comments and I do reply back to your comments as well
Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit