Monday, October 7, 2019

T Stands for Tuesday and 2018 Fabric Journal Completed

Happy T everyone!

   This is when us blogging friends gather together and link up with Bleubeard and Elizabeth with a photo of our beverage and share a post.
  You are most welcome to join us- please find link in my right hand column.

   Thursday morning I decided to stitch up my second book of my fabric journal for 2018. My mission was to work on it each day as much as I could and complete by the weekend. I ended up finishing up around 6 pm Monday evening. I figured I sewed for about 40 hours or more during those 5 days-no wonder my upper body is screaming at me tonight haha.

       This is a cup of decaf coffee




   I  am very pleased with the finish. This was a fun project for me.

     My second book's cover ended up a little short on the back. I don't think I want a do over though.
    I may have gone too far in with a couple of the stitches in the middle of the pages, and I did notice that this cover was a little shorter in length for some reason right after I had made it. I just decided to go with it since I had already designed the front cover. 
    When I am rested up a bit from all this sewing-I will assess it and decide if I want to take anything apart-which I really don't want to do, or even perhaps add an extension to the back.

  I made a video of the two books which ended up being over 6 minutes


For my second beverage share I picked up a new tea for me. I like the stash brand of teas and do like a chai spice-but it needs to be decaf and taste good too. Many of these are too heavy on some of the spices for me.
   This one had the perfect balance of spices but the flavor of the tea itself could have been a bit stronger. A perfect tea for the weekend though with the cooler temps-finally.



A few photos looking out our wall of windows
  We enjoy watching this person sail his boat (on days the lake is not busy)




This was taken early this morning-steam coming off the lake and the sunrise. We were in the 40's f this morning



We will be gone most of the day tomorrow (Tuesday) so those of you don't visit later today I will visit late Tuesday and perhaps Wednesday.  We are driving back to Springfield for Hub's check up with the surgeon tomorrow.

Happy T!!

18 comments:

  1. Congrats on finishing your project. The kitty faces fabric made me smile. Stash makes really good teas and chai is my Winter tea especially at night. I don't like the one that has pepper in it though. The lake is so pretty and your squirrel on the railing made me laugh. Have a safe trip to Springfield. Happy T Day

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't you just love the water smoke? You must have had some cooler temperatures to get that. Your book came out great also. I enjoy seeing it. Good luck in Springfield at the Doctors tomorrow. And happy T day. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  3. First of all - great job on the You Tube video showcasing your journal!! A fabulous fabric journal now complete:) Love a chai tea in the cold months.
    And oh what beautiful, beautiful views of the lake. Enjoy, and happy T day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on finishing your journal. Anything handmade is perfect to me. I wouldn't change a thing. Beautiful view of the lake. Hope the doctor's visit goes well. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the beautiful photos from the lake, wow! And congrats on getting your beautiful album finished, you put so much work into it. Good luck to your hubby for the check up. Happy T Day, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhh, I love the cats! Great work, I wish I was at least a tad talented, too...
    Oh, and, yes, I have to put out two peanuts. Our squirrel really is hungry on these cold days... Happy T-day to you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A big Wow from me, your completed journal looks AWESOME. It must have been a true labour of love and you have a wonderful keepsake full of memories.
    Good luck for your hubbys check up.
    Happy T day wishes .
    All your photos looked great
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, your fabric journal is amazing! Many congratulations on finishing it, I love all the memories that you've captured 😀. The sunset looks spectacular and the misty sunrise is so atmospheric, as my friend says "Life is good by the lake". Wishing you a happy T Day! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kathy, I love your fabric journal! The composition of each page’s elements is perfect. My eye is drawn all around the page from one element to another, and in the end it has been a very cohesive journey. Seeing this makes me want to make one again, but I can’t take on so much hand sewing. I do love your use of beads and baubles, and I surely have a supply of those. I’ll be thinking about ways to do this. Just have to mention the walking mini-Kathy. That element always makes me smile! Your videos are an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kathy I love the views, beautiful photos.
    I’ve never seen a fabric journal before, what a great idea and it’s so beautiful, it must have been a lot of work, I’m not too good with a needle, LOl
    Happy T day. Jan.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your lake views! I hope the dr appointment goes well :) Happy T Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  12. I enjoyed the video, Kathy. It's fun tto see the books all at once like that. I love the garden plot page. So cute! There are so many cute little things, beads, pins, etc. What fun. I hope your back has recovered from the sewing marathon.

    Beautiful lake photos. My favorite is the morning mist. Wow!

    Happy T-day! Eileen xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your journals are really Wonderful Kathy !! I looove them, with so many details, you have done a espectacular work !
    Happy T-day ! Those photographs are very beautiful, thanks so much for sharing. I wish all will be well tomorrow with your husband.
    And I send you big hugs, from the sun.
    Caty

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your journals are fabulous! I love the charms you added! Your views are wonderful - so peaceful! Hope all went well with hubby! Happy T Day!Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your journals are amazing! Love all your beading in them. All the fabrics, texture and special items you put in them for lots of memories. Congratulations on getting them all sewn together, Kathy! A fabulous project, well done! Thank you for the video. It really shows how wonderful your journals are and how much work you did! Beautiful views out your windows, and it looks like a wonderful cup of tea. Happy T Day.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your journals are amazing! I can well imagine it has been such fun to make them and you will look back through them and remember the things you did.
    The lake view photos are fabulous! What a beautiful place to live.
    To answer your question: No I don't use the stamps in my art. I leave them on the card. But I do scan them and keep the photo of the stamp in my virtual collection.
    I just read your Wednesday post about the tea bags. Yes, I also read an article recently to that effect. I have teabags that look like paper and there are tea bags that look a bit like nylon. I wonder which ones have the plastic. I'm sure if you empty the bags into a diffuser that would make no difference. As the bags still end up in the rubbish or compost heap with the plastic particles leaching into the soil. It's a mess!
    Happy belated T-Day,
    Hugs,
    Lisca

    ReplyDelete
  17. Who would have thought a pesky squirrel could have sidelined me for over three days. It sure sidelined ME. Otherwise I would have been here sooner.

    What an amazing way to finish the book you created. I would NOT take the second one apart because it shows it is hand made.

    Both tea and coffee this week makes me smile, but I see a pesky squirrel at your place, too (grin). Hope yours eats nuts, not phone lines. Thanks for sharing this incredible finish to your year of memories in sewn form. It's a wonderful memento. And thanks for sharing your wonderful decaf coffee and tea with us for T this week, too. I MUST see the post on tea bags, too.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your fabric journal looks great. But 40 hours of sewing? No wonder you feel sore. The end result is lovely though. :-) Your lake photos are wonderful. I especially like the one with the mist rising. Elizabeth probably didn't like seeing that squirrel, after one ate through her phone / internet line. Your beverages look good. Now that it's getting cooler, I'll be drinking tea more often. Happy Belated T-Day!

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your visits and reading your comments and I do reply back to your comments as well
Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit