Monday, January 30, 2023

Monday Art Practice

 Good morning Monday, brrrr it is really really cold here along with a glaze of ice everywhere-Our front door is even iced in. So needless to say I had to reschedule my doctors appointment to next week.

  During these cold days, I have been reading books that are on my kindle, and also a couple large hard cover novels, as I don't have allot of get up and go with this latest arctic cold blast.

  This morning, I played with ink and watercolors. I try to do these art practices several times a week.  This one I covered the background with the left over watercolor paint on my pallet. Once dry I drew with dip pen and iron gall ink. Highlighted with watercolor paints when it was dry.



Happy Monday

15 comments:

  1. Very good to keep up the practice-I am doing the same thing. We will get the cold tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a beautiful painting! We are lucky having a mild winter and just had a long week of icy cold weather. Stay warm and drink more hot cacao with marshmallows.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Angie, yes hot chocolate an marshmallows is what I need-smiles

      Delete
  3. Great little flowers, and the critter looks like our squirrels. We have a lot here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are beautiful, Kathy. I love the flowers and the squirrel is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That iron ink gall gives you a great dark color. Nice squirrel. I hope your cold doesn't last too long. We have the same cold coming at the end of the week, and I think I'll spend a lot of time reading when that happens too. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Erika, the iron gall ink is nice to work with-a rich black. this is a pretty cold blast of air for sure-stay safe when it hits hugs

      Delete
  6. Great job on your art practice. I love your critter! We are in the midst of an ice storm! Nasty stuff! Hilltop post

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's cold here, too. 0 -- and it's almost 10! I love your ink work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wow we are up to 17 degrees now haha its around 10:30 am now

      Delete
  8. It just seems you are having so much fun, uhhh in the cold and storm. Stay warm.

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your visits and reading your comments and I do reply back to your comments as well
Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit