Friday, December 30, 2022

A Little Re Cap of 2022

 Some years I scan through the year's posts and choose photos from each month for a look back.

 All photos will enlarge just click on them


In 2022 I hosted several months of food link ups I was still doing cast iron posts for awhile and then switched to Food Wednesday-with little interest on my blog, Rain added it to her Art Date posts-thanks again Rain 

January 

Homemade cocoa mix


February

Fried catfish (from the lake)


    Valentine cookies


March

Baltimore orioles visit



Began playing with watercolors again/this month I also organized my craft room



May

A mixed media page-one of my favorites


I was still sharing for Food Wednesdays-a book using your herbs


Gardening began for perennials



June

Lemon meringue pie


I started a bag project from my hand dyes haven't gotten back to that


"deck" duck visitor


One of my favorite lake photos


July

Pirate ship and red headed woodpecker


Keto churned ice cream


I have so enjoyed my slow mail friends this year-this is one of the beautiful cards I had received-This is a permanent spot for this one on the mantel.

   I have received many beautiful surprises and art in my slow mail letters-thank you sososo much slow mail friends.


A gorgeous moon over the lake-out our wall of windows



Homemade pizza


August


Handspun



Hummingbird


In the garden


September




October



A surprise beautiful gift-I will use these hand dyes in the sashiko bags


Another surprise in my mail box



Looking down to the lake-a garden project up on top




November



a journal page with labels from a wine tour with Wisconsin friends


online photo but amazing steak with our Wisconsin friends


Journal page





December






Closing December with homemade biscuits and gravy and two eggs


We enjoy the eagle pair that visits out our front door way up in the trees so much.
    I found this excellent video of the eagle's song on Facebook-best I have seen and heard Here is a link, located at a raptor center in Alaska-it wasn't on you tube, so you may have to be on Facebook to view it-worth a look

Welcome in 2023 


19 comments:

  1. You for sure had a very productive and wonderful 2022! That steak!!! I want some too. Happy New Year, Kathy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That little boy is sooo cute. Great scene. Especially when you see what kids do these days... glued to their cells...
    Oh, pizza.
    I had one mini-babybel, but Ingo now is off to get me a bifi. Week three I cannot really eat and am sick. Boy. Back in the day this got quicker to get over with.
    Oh, your lake.... so beautiful. And the December Mouse!
    Thank you - I never heard an eagle before and imagined a totally different, deeper sound.
    To a great 2023!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that was a young man fishing with his dog-it was fun watching the dog too-they stayed nearby fishing for awhile. one of my favorite photos for sure.
      I love babybel cheeses-what is a bifi? so sorry you are still sick-I sent you and email too-replied back to your comment email.
      get well-hugs and glad you were able to watch the eagle video

      Delete
  3. Hi Kathy. Nice memory photos. I want to thank you for being part of my blogging world and to wish you and your family the best 2023.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Nicole-I am happy you are in my blogging world as well- I am always learning new things from you hugs Happy New Year

      Delete
  4. Lots of wonderful art and yummy food! Happy New Year to you and yours, stay safe and healthy! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was a good year, wasn't it? I enjoyed your recap Kathy. I wish you and your husband a happy and healthy 2023. Happy New year to you. hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it was a good year, hubs is recovering from his operation this month, gorgeous sunrises most every day to wake up to. Happy New Year Erika

      Delete
  6. I usually do a similar kind of year-end wrap but by the time I get to it this year, we'll probably be in February! I enjoyed looking back at yours, especially the times before I "met" you. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. First, I LOVE your new background. The school girl in me, I guess. Second I LOVE your retrospective. I usually do that too, but that takes time I don't seem to have at the moment. Third, I always leave your blog HUNGRY! What fun art you created this year and great Lake shots, too. Love the birds and the food you share so willingly. I couldn't get on to Facebook to see the eagles. Sorry!

    Happy New Year, dear. I'm delighted to have met you in the world of blogging, the only social media site I am on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I ended up changing my background again from the notebook paper to this wintry scene-I couldn't get the right colors to match up with the notebook paper .I did like that one too
      I have enjoyed taking a look back through all my posts just to reflect-and reminds me of projects I got into and then didn't get back to-hope to do better this year-especially the sashiko bags.
      I looked around to see if they had that eagle video posted elsewhere besides facebook but they didn't it was the best I have seen so far. I will look around on you tube to see if I can find one as good of the eagle .sorry you couldn't see it.
      I do Not like Facebook at all-they censor everything just like twitter did (not on twitter) -and I never have liked it there, but most all of my former blogging friends went there-and my favorite author is on there too so I stay ugh I really need to stop posting over there too.
      so glad you enjoyed the year review in photos and I am so glad I met you and T if not for you I wouldn't know anyone here on blogland hard to find friends here. I think Deb suggested and Carol in Missouri invited me too-I don't hear from Carol anymore
      Happy New Year!! and hugs for the kitties

      Delete
  8. Oh how I enjoyed your year in review. You have definitely had a wonderfully productive and creative year. Wow! Now I am excited to see what is in store from you at the studio and kitchen on the lake. Happy New Year to both of you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy New Year! t is one of my joys to get your notes and cards and to just know we are friends. I loved looking at your photos, and remembering the past year. All the best to you and your husband!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Debra, I feel the same-I love my slow mail friends very much-hugs Happy New Year to you and yours as well

      Delete

I always enjoy your visits and reading your comments and I do reply back to your comments as well
Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit