Thursday, July 22, 2021

Our Landscape Project

   This has been a project that is a big one, and has evolved a bit over time.

       With covid most of us lost most of that year, we did for sure as we didn't want to be around younger people that we would hire for help.

     We also needed to wait til the sewer project was finished so we would know what the crew would be digging up etc.

  We still have some water issues in the basement, it has improved allot from breaking up the very very thick concrete and putting brick down for the walk way in front of the house. 

   We are on hill, which is the norm for most homes on this lake, some very steep ours is manageable for our ages I think. There are two stoned in areas that were mostly weeds with big clumps of iris's that I decided to dig up, and then kill off the weeds. On the lower level closest to the house our one friend-worker dug out all the dirt (which I will use) and laid the ground work with big pieces of that concrete that had been broken up. Him and his daughter worked a day and half on this. I decided since this is such a huge job, I would start working on this in the early mornings. I was able to put in 3 hours this morning- first day feeling better I should have just worked two hours-those pieces are heavy. I can see this will be a very huge project What did we get ourselves into haha-it will be awesome though when finished.

  I made a couple videos to share



  Yesterday morning very early I made it to the grocery store, and bought one big bag of miracle grow soil-I have plants coming in today and also on Monday that I will place in pots until I can get them in their spaces. I should have waited til the soil was ready but I found the plants I wanted and just wanted to get them Having them here will push me through this project.

Have a good day today everyone

11 comments:

  1. Big projects, as daunting as they are, have big rewards when they are finished. Please take care out there

    ReplyDelete
  2. You and the bees and the butterflies are going to enjoy these areas filled in with colorful flowers. It is a big project, though, so take it easy out there and don't overdo. We are in for some really hot weather in coming days so you probably are too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks I will-we are into the high temps too with humidity I am out there very early

      Delete
  3. That is a good sized project Kathy, but I think it will look great once you get it done and going. For me buying the plants is always the most fun, so I always want to do that early also. Keep us up to date with the project. hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am not sure I could do that project myself. At least you had a bit of help with some of it. I think you will be happy once the project is completed. If I lived closer, I would gladly take those yuccas off your hands.b I look forward to seeing this project progress. BTW, I LOVE that picnic table under the tree.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Elizabeth, we bought that picnic table soon after we retired and moved to the woods home. It is made from all recycled materials mostly tires-I really loved-it is super heavy glad we were able to get it here.
      I am going to need more help with all those rocks but wanted to try to do some of it as that is going to cost a bunch of money to get it all done.
      I am excited about turning all this into flowers and herbs

      Delete
  5. Wow, so much work!I could never do that, but you are a tad younger. Take advantage of that, but be careful not to push too hard. It will be wonderful no matter how much you accomplish.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks like a huge project! I expect though when it is done all the hard work will be worthwhile and you will have a large area full of flowers and plants and it will be a delight to relax in. I have finally received your latest letter ,a bit mangled and grubby unfortunately but I'll explain in my reply. Don't over do it! Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't think I am ever going to catch up fully but I have had such a lovely time this evening seeng what you have been doing. It's great to see your plans for your garden and also good to know that you are getting better! Hugs, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your visits and reading your comments and I do reply back to your comments as well
Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit