Tuesday, July 20, 2021

Journal Page for AJJ & Catch Up

   Today I can actually function-a bit-although I am still in a fog.  Sunday I was up early and since it was cool I decided to dig up areas of perrenials. I am working on getting rid of grass that is in the area in front of the house where the steps are and on up the hill to our driveway and road.

  This area is still a mess anyways as we still have rock and concrete to move from the brick walkway area build. We needed to change lawn mower service as the family we really liked last year decided not to do lawns anymore. They referred us to someone and they do a poor job and are more expensive, and they wiped out our Japanese water iris's  down in the rocks by the lake-he got an ear full of how unhappy I was and he didn't even offer to replace them-

  We needed to wait til the sewer project was done, in order to start moving the rock and concrete chunks.

   Once we can get that huge tree stump out where my outdoor cooking-baking area will be I also want to change the grass to flowers and such that will attract hummingbirds, butterflies, and some bees will probably come in as well. I ordered 3 bee balm plants different colors, and also echinachea plants. I have tried these from seed with not allot of luck. Fill ins will be zinnias, herbs  and other pollinators. Where my tomato plants are now-where the chipmunks and even a little grey squirrel are enjoying eating all of my tomatoes-they are cute-but really at least leave us a couple haha. will be turned into flowers as well. There were several big clumps of iris's that dug and trimmed and will be ready to plant-once the grass dies off and I can dig it up. Thinking I should have gotten the area ready first-oh well.

  When I came in the house Sunday I made breakfast and took another of those steroid pills-this was the second to last day of these-and wow-after an hour I was soooo sick. My head was spinning so I thought I would lose my stomach as well-this has lasted til this  morning-where I am still not good but I can finally function a bit. I so need to drive to go grocery shopping hoping I can do that tomorrow morning early. Needless to say even though one is told to never stop these steroid pills-I did I had two more pills to go. I have never been this sick on these-I noticed the name was different. The doctor will be told to never give me these again.  Next week we go for the second pfizer covid vaccine hoping that doesn't put me down again.

  So to try to stay upright today I thought I would make a journal page for AJJ's theme summer countryside

  This is mostly a collage of a magazine spread of a farm, and I cut up a slow mail card of flowers, a hummingbird, and a butterfly. I needed to add to a couple of the journal sides, and I used brown paper and then used markers to fill in.




 This journal is almost filled, just a few more pages left.

16 comments:

  1. I really don’t think you had much choice but to leave off the last two doses. Hopefully the worst of the allergic reaction is over. What a nice journal you have created. Makes me want to start a new one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mary, this has been a fun journal most is following monthly themes over at art journal journey I have one page left to do.
      I think so two about those pills this is just lasting way too long-ugh

      Delete
  2. Sorry you have been feeling so bad. I know how awful the steroids can make you feel, hope you soon feel better. Love the beautiful journal page, thanks for joining us at AJ, much appreciated! Take care, get well, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your gardening sounds like mine. But hopefully next year those bee balms and cone flowers and all will be gorgeous. Sad those irises got cut off. Hope they will pop back next year. Sorry to hear about the pills too. I'm annoyed with my allergist as she prescribed some more of a med for me when I had a reaction to it last year. I am not going to take it until I can see her and we can chat. And I love your pretty page for AJJ. That big sunflower is a beauty. So is the grassy farmland (I think maybe). Thanks so much for sharing with us for Alison's challenge. Hope you have a great mid-week and no more sick feeling being off the meds. hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Erika, I would be aggravated too-I don't like it when doctors don't pay attention to personal details that is in our charts
      I am excited for the outcome of this area-it will make me happy to bring in the butterflies especially

      Delete
  4. Be good to yourself, Kathy. The chores will still be there when you feel better. Your journal looks chock-full of goodness!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Medication can often do worse than good, been there, too...
    Hope you´re OK soon again, big hugs x!
    Beautiful page, so summery - eeeek, so cold here. Cloudy. Dark...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree this medicine was a bad deal for sure-and the worse arm with the poison ivy still has a bit of it under the skin-ugh
      sorry about your cold summer we are actually cooler than usual but I love 80's f over close to 100 degrees f like usual here

      Delete
    2. Hope you´re well soon.
      Yeah, still cold and cloudy. I just give up now. Not even rain, which would be a treat here in the North.

      Delete
    3. hoping you get summer weather really soon-hugs

      Delete
  6. I left a LONG message and Firefox wouldn't accept it. This is a test to see if this will go.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I will never remember everything I wrote, but I will try. I shared with you the fact I had a similar situation when I hired someone to mow my yard (rental property) in Webb City. the man I had for years did a great job, then he retired. He suggested someone else and the guy charged TWICE as much. The city was going to fine me for letting the grass grow too tall until I sent them a copy of my check I paid the man to mow twice a month. One nice thing for you is, you can see that they are mowing. I only had the man's word he was taking care of my yard. I would have been mad about the plants, too!

    I was mortified when I read about your problem with the steroids. I'm not sure what I would do in a situation like that. I hope by now you are feeling better. I also hope you don't have any problems with your vaccine shot this week.

    I absolutely LOVE your journal pages. Your journal is literally BULGING, isn't it. I love the sunflower in the field and the flowers with the hummingbird, your favorite bird, I suspect. Thanks for sharing this with us at Art Journal Journey. I know I left out some things I wrote before, but that is the gist of what I wrote before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you for commenting a second time-that is so frustrating when that happens.
      sorry about your lawn guys-that is frustrating when you can not depend on people. Yes I was sooo unhappy about our water iris plants and they were blooming-finally too which really got me that me that he would do that.
      yes this has been a terrible go with these steroids and my worse arm is still burning yet today-friday-I am hoping I do not have a bad reaction to the covid vaccine-We chose the pfizer shots and most don't seem to get ill from them except for a very sore arm which I had on the first one.
      thanks Elizabeth I liked the results for this page, and my journal is bulging-I looked and have just one page left

      Delete

I always enjoy your visits and reading your comments and I do reply back to your comments as well
Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit