Friday, July 23, 2021

Cast Iron Saturdays-Dutch Oven Camping Recipes

   Welcome to my recipe share using cast iron. The dutch oven is such a useful tool. Purchasing the ones with legs and the lid with a lip around the edge to hold coals makes the perfect oven substitute when you are out camping, a whole day out at a park set up for cooking over a fire, or in your own backyard.

   Searching online there are so many recipes to try.

This site has 35 different recipes  sharing a few

   Sloppy Joes

   Bacon Cheese Pull Aparts  This one is super easy-a package of dinner rolls, bacon, cheese.




   Lemon Blueberry Biscuits

    again I would not use foil-nothing at all, parchment paper, or baked in a pan on top of a trivet



This link has 40 recipes-these all looked really really good

    Vegetarian Lasagna  which can also be gluten free using gf noodles


 Chicken Cacciatore




Beef Stew and Dumplings


Vegetarian Sweet Potato Corn Chowder

  this one sounded really delicious



This site from Taste of Home has 20 recipes

  I thought I would close with one recipe from here Root Beer Apple Baked Beans-sounded good and a little different



 I would love to know if you try any of these recipes

14 comments:

  1. I often add bits of apple to my baked beans, so I will definitely be trying the beans with apple pie filling and root beer. There are so many wonderful recipes here. Summer is zooming by and fall will soon be here which is my favorite time of the year to cook outside. I hope you have had a good day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never would have thought to add apple-sounds good. I love fall too, the summers are mostly too hot for me here in Missouri-happy weekend

      Delete
  2. I don't like root beer but apple rootbeer baked beans sounds really interesting. I haven't made baked beans in too long. Thanks for inspiration. Happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Erika, I thought this sounded like an interesting recipe too-will make this one day for sure-happy weekend

      Delete
  3. Hi Kathy, you've done it again! My stomach is growling and telling me I need to try ll of these dishes, so yummy! I haven't had breakfast yet! Have a great weekend, stay safe! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am thinking you made breakfast soon after hugs Happy weekend to you as well

      Delete
  4. Kathy these all look delicious. The root beer baked beans sound interesting. Hope you are having a great weekend. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am anxious to try those beans-Happy weekend to you as well

      Delete
  5. Even before I clicked the first link my mouth was watering and the person writes "Anytime we get to throw bacon in to a recipe our mouths start watering." - I sure laughed!!! And watered. Nearly the keyboard!
    The chicken looks great, too! And the Root Beer Apple Baked Beans!
    Reckon/hope you can do all that in an ordinary pan.
    When Ingo is at work again I´ll sure try (he cannot have any of that and it´s mean to cook when he´s home and only has to watch).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that's funny about the bacon. I thought that chicken recipe looked really good too. I am anxious to try those root beer apple baked beans. yes you can make all of these in pans you already have-just not over a camp fire probably I agree not nice to cook something someone likes but can't have-hugs happy weekend hope it warms up there

      Delete
  6. Once again, I am very late visiting. I may never catch up. The lemon blueberry biscuits sound good. II am always on the lookout for a good baked bean recipe. This sounds good and you get to start with cooked canned beans, unlike how I start my baked beans (cook the beans, add spices and seasonings, then simmer for about 18 hours until thick and rich). Thanks for sharing all these recipes. Some vegetarian ones sound good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. good morning, one thing nice about visiting on the internet-never late-hugs.
      I though those biscuits sounded good too, I make my beans from scratch too-sometimes-I thought this recipe sounded pretty good and so different. that second link to a main site had several vegetarian recpes-that site was my favorite

      Delete

I always enjoy your visits and reading your comments and I do reply back to your comments as well
Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit