Friday, July 9, 2021

Cast Iron Saturday-Breakfast

  Good morning and Welcome to Cast Iron Saturday 

     This week I wanted to share breakfast recipes over a camp fire.  If you are set up to cook or bake in your backyard-would be fun to do, or if you are camping out-these may give you some recipe ideas

Biscuits and Gravy

   I would bake biscuits from scratch, but this was a neat set up so you can bake your biscuits while making the gravy at the same time-or if you are set up with a grill over your fire and coals-your biscuits can be baking in your dutch oven, while your skillet is on the side over the coals and not stacked up


Cowboy Skillet Breakfast


This one also had a link to gluten free recipes. Online search shows many different recipes for a breakfast skillet.

 Of course while cooking up breakfast we need coffee. Here is another recipe for Cowboy Coffee or if drinking tea-just heat up some hot water over the coals for your tea


Pancakes 



Cast iron Dutch Baby Pancakes

  this recipe is using a pellet grill but can make this over your bed of coals as well-need a baking set up with coals top and bottom



Cast Iron French Toast


  The recipe looked delicious-he is using his propane stove, but can make this over your camp fire coals as well  The recipe looked good, if needing gluten free just search out a gluten free loaf of bread

Cast Iron Red Potato Hash

   This recipe sounded really delicious too-it was for Father's Day-but would be good any morning The author is baking this in the oven, but you can use your dutch oven or if you have a lid for your skillet bake outdoors with coals top and bottom



  Camp Fire Donuts

   This recipe is using Pillsbury biscuit dough but you can make yours from scratch if you prefer. This would be fun if you are camping out to fry up so donuts over your camp fire-just watch your temperature with the oil




I will close on how to make the perfect eggs over your camp fire







Happy Friday and Weekend





10 comments:

  1. French toast! It has been ages since I sprinkled good old cinnamon sugar on French toast. You select great foods to make.
    Have a funtastic weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super yummy looking breakfast or anytime foods Kathy. You're making me hungry even if it is way past food time tonight. Happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I´m with the Cowboy!

    My Granma used to make Arme Ritter, "poor knights", which seems to be the same as Frensh toast.
    I still have a memory right here, as she had to run after my baby-brother and put the hot pan on the table. It´s a table from the 50´s we have in our kitchen with the burned spot.

    The potato Hash looks yummy, too.

    Happy, yummy weekend, it warmed up here, yipeee!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awesome that you have the table-glad it's warming up there hugs

      Delete
  4. I have trouble cooking cream gravy in ideal circumstances. I applaud anyone who can make it over a campfire. I DO like my eggs sunny side up, so I looked at the tips for making perfect eggs. Ironically, I had eggs and fried potatoes for my meal today. Thanks for the recipes and tips.

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your visits and reading your comments and I do reply back to your comments as well
Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit