Friday, February 12, 2021

Page for AJJ Heavy Metal

 Good morning everyone,

   Still very very cold here and now we have wind and ice. This is to last for the next 7 days or so, colder over the weekend in the minus digits. We just are no longer used to these deep freezes.

   I decided to take a break from reading this morning and see if I could come with a page for AJJ's Heavy Metal challenge. I had the idea of doing some hand sewing with metallic threads, just needed to find a magazine photo.

  I found the perfect page from a very old Ideals magazine. It looks like a hand drawing even. So No I did Not draw this pretty bird.

  I grabbed a couple metallic threads (I have a big bag from my Mom's sewing stash) and stitched around the edge, and then found a metallic pen by Crayola-most of you know I am not crazy about white backgrounds. I may go over that a little bit more.

     I just wanted to do a little something again for the challenge.




   When it's really cold outdoors, a perfect time to bake. I emptied the refrigerator of the remaining apples-pears-and blueberries and made a very deep crisp I used gluten free oats, gluten free flour, butter, coconut oil, and keto sweeteners for the topping



  Stay warm everyone

22 comments:

  1. I love your bird page, great idea with the bold stitching and gold pen. And your crisp looks soooooo good. Thanks for linking to my challenge at AJJ! Stay warm and safe, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Valerie-this was a good challenge-to think out of the box a bit

      Delete
  2. Fabulous, Kathy. It looks very quilt-like, which isn’t surpursing. It's nice to see you at AJJ. Hugs, Eileen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, this makes me hungry for something sweet! Cold weather does that to me. If we lived closer, I think I would find an excuse to come calling this afternoon! I remembered that you don't like white backgrounds (neither do I), so you'll not be getting letters on white paper from me. :~)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to share this crisp with you and a cup of tea-haha I don't think white paper bothers me too much-but in art or quilts, clothing

      Delete
  4. Such a beautiful page! The bird looks amazing, I love the design and colours and wow, the metallic background catches the light perfectly 😀. That deep pan crisp looks so yummy too, it would be good with some of your homemade ice cream ... for some reason I always seem to leave your blog hungry ...lol 😉. Happy Friday and weekend! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jo, and I just happen to have home churned ice cream in my freezer at the moment. will be heating up the crisp and putting a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top-perfect. Happy Friday and weekend to you as well Hugs

      Delete
  5. Love the bird, your background papers, and the special metallic thread. Perfect page to go with your crisp, which looks yummy. Such a comforting post. Stay safe and warm. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, I love the bird too looks hand drawn but cut it out of an old Ideals magazine. fun page to put together. the crisp I warmed up last night and added a scoop of my home churned ice cream-you stay warm and safe as well-hugs

      Delete
  6. Wonderful page Kathy. That bird does look hand drawn, and makes a great centerpiece for your page. Your crisp looks yummy too, and perfect for this cold weather. We've been really chilly too. Stay warm and hopefully we'll get a bit warmer sooner rather than later. Thanks for joining us at Art Journal JOurney. hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Erika, I know the bird does look hand drawn for sure. we are watching the steam come off the lake this morning, allot of ice on the docks next few days will be getting colder 7 below one night. I am thinking I might bake up a batch of heart shaped sugar cookies. you stay warm as well hugs

      Delete
  7. Wonderful art, and your fruit pudding looks delicious Kathy! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for stopping by it was really delicious with the variety of fruits

      Delete
  8. Ohhh I will be over for some of that crisp. LOL That looks amazing. I love your little bird too. Glad you took the time to make it. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If we were closer I would say come on over lol this one turned out really good with all the fruits.
      thanks I fell in love with this bird print too
      Happy weekend stay warm

      Delete
  9. You get full marks for creating a bird! And a very attractive one too.

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your visits and reading your comments and I do reply back to your comments as well
Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit