Tuesday, January 26, 2021

Thread Finally Arrived and Lemon Meringue Pie

    I was happy happy to finally to see the thread in my mailbox for the flannel quilt

I thought I came pretty close with the color having to choose colors online. I wanted the color to blend in a bit for the backing, and not be to dark to use on the blocks with white backgrounds.



I also got the needles in last Saturday. I have allot of needles in my stash, many I picked up at garage sales or resale shops but I didn't have quite the right ones for this project or for wool applique. These are Sue Spargo's smaller collection of needles  and hoping one of the chenilles will work for this quilt.


  I have not made us a from scratch lemon meringue pie since we moved to the lake house. I really like baking this in my dutch ovens outdoors over a fire but haven't got set up for that yet here.   For some reason the meringue did not want to get super stiff like it should but I think it will still be good. I baked a ground almond crust.



20 comments:

  1. Pretty thread! Does it say what fibers were used? Wondering if it’s cotton, but it looks silky.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. this is perle cotton # 8 and it does have a bit of sheen to it

      Delete
  2. I like that thread color Kathy. It looks like it will match really well and fit the fabric of your quilt. And your pie looks very yummy. I haven't had a lemon meringue pie for ages.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Erika, I was a little worried about it from not seeing it in person, but I think it will work well. I just bought another assortment of needles don't have quite what I need yet

      Delete
  3. I love the color! I hope you will post some pictures showing your progress. Of course, the pie looks perfect and so delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, I am pleased with the color too-yes I will share photos.
      Larry was quite surprised that I made us this pie-it's been awhile

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. thank you so much, I was really concerned I chose the right one-I think it will match nicely. we'll have pie for breakfast tomorrow morning-as I made the pie late in the day today and it needs to chill

      Delete
  5. Good eye, perfect match and even though I´m not much into sweets my tooth just wakes up seeing this pie! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Iris-we did have pie for breakfast this morning-was a perfect pie yum

      Delete
  6. That thread looks like a perfect color match. The pie looks good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Anne, I am pleased with the color and the pie was really good -we had a piece for breakfast. I love pie for breakfast (smiles)

      Delete
  7. Mother made meringue pies, but I never have. Yours look pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, I have been making this recipe for over 50 years now its a good one

      Delete
  8. Your thread looks like a perfect match and that pie looks delish!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Carol, it is I am so pleased with the thread. and the pie turned out so good-

      Delete

I always enjoy your visits and reading your comments and I do reply back to your comments as well
Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit