Thursday, August 6, 2020

I Have a Question for Any of you that sew-quilt-do embroidery etc

   Hi everyone, well I am still looking for that gold hand dye fabric and if it's here at the lake house it is really hidden somewhere.  sigh

    However, going through things again just now I ran into big bags of reclaimed sweaters that I have felted down. I have made mittens from the sleeves from some of these, but now I am thinking I would like to cut into squares and sew them together for a quilt-throw somehow.

   I don't crochet-I may need to learn how to do a simple stitch--but I did find where someone was embroidering a blanket stitch around all the squares-and then used those stitches to crochet the blocks together.

  My question is-any ideas on how to embroidery these squares together so they will lie flat for a quilt instead of the crochet?

   thanks for any ideas you may have

7 comments:

  1. Sorry, I can't help. I'd have to read a few pages or more on the stitching togther to find one I understand.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The only thing I have done is made a pullover type sweater and then stitched two lines down the front. Then I cut between the 2 stitched lines. The stitching holds the knitted stitches from unraveling. I don't crochet but you you can block each square before you put them together. I don't know if that answers your question. And if you don't know how to block I can answer that question.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks-I kinda wanted to crochet them together using a blanket stitch to start out with-I don't crochet though and decided it would be a ton of handwork-and I have another large hexagon project that is all hand work. but I did find a real cool idea from an old blog post-I am going to sew them together the way she shows but am using squares and rectangles instead of hexagons. sounds so much easier will see how it goes-I have been cutting wool all night long-time to stop its 11:30 pm here already here is the link https://resweater.blogspot.com/2012/03/its-tutorial-tuesday-make-easy-but.html

      Delete
  3. I felted a wool sweater once, but used it in an art project. I have made granny squares, but don't like to crochet them together. I fear I can't help you at all, dear. I have no idea what to tell you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sending Friday Vibes To You And Hubby Man

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your visits and reading your comments and I do reply back to your comments as well
Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit